Huawei will no longer allow you to generate bootloader unlock codes

P

pasc

They say its to prevent issues caused by custom ROM flashing.

What a load of horse shit, every unlock bootloader process, directly tells the user that they may encounter problems and to proceed at their own risk.

This is a very dumb decision.

More like "prevent income from forcing you to buy new phones every year" or some sh1t like that...

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 124987

Starting 60 days from now, you will no longer be able to generate bootloader unlock codes for any Huawei or Honor device. Devices released after today will not be able to unlock their bootloader at all. An unlock code is necessary to install a custom rom, or to install a custom recovery like TWRP. This is a crushing blow, as Huawei is one of the few companies that encourages this type of behavior. If you have a huawei or Honor phone, you are encouraged to grab an unlock code, even if you don't think you'll use it. You can get a code here

:arrow:Source 1
:arrow:Source 2
laughs and kisses his brute force unlock tool

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ye as soon as you share your and Mac os builds
:eyes:

More seriously though, I managed to accidentally zero the serial number on my Huawei phone and now I cant unlock its bootloader because the unlock code needs the serial to work :glare:

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

More seriously though, I managed to accidentally zero the serial number on my Huawei phone and now I cant unlock its bootloader because the unlock code needs the serial to work :glare:
Sorry meant AMD I'll probably release it but I wrote it in python so I'll need to rewrite it in c++ or c# to speed it up

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

You can zero the serial on Huaweis? Wow, strange phones indeed. Can't you enter all zeroes on their unlock code request page?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry meant AMD I'll probably release it but I wrote it in python so I'll need to rewrite it in c++ or c# to speed it up
I wonder if it would work with broken serials lol

You can zero the serial on Huaweis? Wow, strange phones indeed. Can't you enter all zeroes on their unlock code request page?
Well its kinda my fault, I was messing with SP Flash Tool and managed to accidently wipe the nvram, and I cant work out how to restore the Serial Number without root (Which is gated by bootloader unlock). The Serial shows as 123456789ABCDEF in Settings, and putting that into their website says that the IMEI and Serial don't match so it won't work. And the unlock code from the correct serial doesnt either because it checks it against the serial client-side.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and also I'm gonna do a naughty double post to say

Ye as soon as you share your amd Mac os builds
What do you mean by that? I have run AMD macOS in the past, I've always got them from https://amd-osx.com/

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my honor 8 is the best phone i've ever had and i've had a lot of phones, switched over from a galaxy s8 and i'd consider it an upgrade.
unlocking is important though i don't have anything unofficial installed right now not even root having the option is a must unlocking the bootloader was the first thing i did after taking the phone out of the box.

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
my honor 8 is the best phone i've ever had and i've had a lot of phones, switched over from a galaxy s8 and i'd consider it an upgrade.
unlocking is important though i don't have anything unofficial installed right now not even root having the option is a must unlocking the bootloader was the first thing i did after taking the phone out of the box.
Unlocking the bootloader presents a large security risk though (Which is why its only worth doing if you really need it).
If you lost your phone and I found it, I could use your unlocked bootloader to run TWRP and dump all your data or remove your passcode without much effort. Unless your data is encrypted, in which case fair enough.

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if it would work with broken serials lol

Well its kinda my fault, I was messing with SP Flash Tool and managed to accidently wipe the nvram, and I cant work out how to restore the Serial Number without root (Which is gated by bootloader unlock). The Serial shows as 123456789ABCDEF in Settings, and putting that into their website says that the IMEI and Serial don't match so it won't work. And the unlock code from the correct serial doesnt either because it checks it against the serial client-side.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Oh and also I'm gonna do a naughty double post to say

What do you mean by that? I have run AMD macOS in the past, I've always got them from https://amd-osx.com/
Oh thanks it should work with a broken serial assuming that changing your serial and IMEI on device doesn't change the boot loader unlock code other wise you could change it a known IMEI and serial and use that devices unlock code

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh thanks it should work with a broken serial assuming that changing your serial and IMEI on device doesn't change the boot loader unlock code other wise you could change it a known IMEI and serial and use that devices unlock code
Changing the Serial and IMEI does indeed change the unlock code, my old one which was generated from my valid serial and IMEI doesn't work anymore.
Also if I was able to change the Serial I would just change it back to my original one, but the tools to do that dont seem to work :/

tunip3

[debugger active]
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Changing the Serial and IMEI does indeed change the unlock code, my old one which was generated from my valid serial and IMEI doesn't work anymore.
Also if I was able to change the Serial I would just change it back to my original one, but the tools to do that dont seem to work :/
Hmm well if you can figure out a way to change the IMEI and serial it would provide a way to unlock once you can no longer get a new bootloader unlock code just out of curiosity what phone is it?

Seriel

Doing her best
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmm well if you can figure out a way to change the IMEI and serial it would provide a way to unlock once you can no longer get a new bootloader unlock code just out of curiosity what phone is it?
I can change the IMEI, but not the serial. And yeah if I was able to change the serial i would just change it back to its original one and use my official unlock code.
There is always the chance that your tool may bruteforce a valid one, if you dont mind sharing in PMs I would be more than happy to check it out.

The phone is Huawei Y6 2017 (MYA-L11)

EDIT: I put the wrong link originally, I hope this edits in time haha

What happened, are they pandering to the anti-hacking/piracy SJW groups now? Oy vey.
What in the heavens do "SJW"s have to do with any of this? I do get your point about anti-hacking though, although its probably just because unlocking bootloaders presents a large security risk.

Last edited by Seriel,
Reactions: Nightwish

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unlocking the bootloader presents a large security risk though (Which is why its only worth doing if you really need it).
If you lost your phone and I found it, I could use your unlocked bootloader to run TWRP and dump all your data or remove your passcode without much effort. Unless your data is encrypted, in which case fair enough.
unlocking the bootloader wipes your phone, if you ever think you might do it better to do it right when you get it before filling up.
all my phone numbers are stored on the sim card and everything else is stored on the sd card you could take those out of my phone and get all my data without the extra effort.
i don't have anything i'm afraid of losing or others seeing.

i feel like %99 of the american population just takes whatever cheap or free carrier subsidized phone their local company branch wants to give them and none of those can be unlocked and that's fine for them.
but for those of us that pay cash money for actual decent phones at a real store or online, who go through the effort of picking out a phone being able to unlock should be a given.

marazzmatika

Naive guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Don't bother, their phones are absolute jank.

Had one for about 6 months and dumped it in a river one day because I couldn't stand it locking up anymore. Total garbage.
Get a proper phone, not this cheap chinese shite.
Woo,I thinked,that Xiaomi with ther ads and 72 hours are the worst. Is there any hope for new devices? HTC's Flyer had revolutionary tool to S-OFF them. I hope for that poor guys,who will buy huawei

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc