Homebrew How to use HBL on 11.3 (A9LH+Luma)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
For those having problems with it booting with wifi turned off, note that you don't need an Internet connection to actually boot the payload, the payload just wants wifi turned on in general.

That said, the launcher CIA might complain about a lack of Internet if you haven't actually downloaded the payload yet. After that though, no Internet should be needed.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems with it booting with wifi turned off, note that you don't need an Internet connection to actually boot the payload, the payload just wants wifi turned on in general.

That said, the launcher CIA might complain about a lack of Internet if you haven't actually downloaded the payload yet. After that though, no Internet should be needed.
It shows *hax 2.9 in the picture they posted.

I gave it a shot again but it still has the same error.
Here's a picture of it when I don't have wi-fi on.
I got that message when I updated the payload but I was still using the "hblauncher_loader v1.2". Once I deleted it and installed " hblauncher_loader v1.3" it worked.

I just booted mine fine with Wi-Fi off. HBL.cia booted just fine... I'm confused as to why it would be different for you.

I'm still stuck in this red screen.

I've used the .cia from yellows8 and from TitleDB on FBI. Payload downloaded from the .cia
O3DS or N3DS?

I heard the HBL is finicky on N3DSes, I couldn't say personally as I've only got a 2DS at the moment. But I've seen a few other posts in other threads of people with N3DSes were having issues booting the HBL.

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
O3DS or N3DS?

I heard the HBL is finicky on N3DSes, I couldn't say personally as I've only got a 2DS at the moment. But I've seen a few other posts in other threads of people with N3DSes were having issues booting the HBL.

It's my N3DS that is stucks in this red screen. Ok so I'm not alone. I've seen that an issue was opened in the github of yellows8. I have posted my problem in this issue. I'm waiting now.

My O3DS works fine with the HBL 1.3 .cia.

voodoo2k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I also had problems using homebrewlauncher with my NEW3DS XL after updating to 11.3. I installed the homebrewlauncher 1.3 cia and the new payload but the homebrew launcher always crashed shortly while loading.

The solution for me was to update Luma3DS on latest nightly and switch the New 3DS CPU to "Off", before that I had "Clock+L2".

Guigui92

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,
I also had problems using homebrewlauncher with my NEW3DS XL after updating to 11.3. I installed the homebrewlauncher 1.3 cia and the new payload but the homebrew launcher always crashed shortly while loading.

The solution for me was to update Luma3DS on latest nightly and switch the New 3DS CPU to "Off", before that I had "Clock+L2".

There is a new nightly of Luma3DS so I updated my Luma version but I'm still stuck in this red screen... The New 3DS CPU is set to off.

I don't know what I have to do more...

EDIT : Thanks to @linuxares I found the problem.

=> The boot.3dsx file was missing in my N3DS (don't know why it was deleted)

Now it works like a charm !

Last edited by Guigui92,
Reactions: BL4Z3D247

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get how do you do any of the in fbi plz help.how do I rename a file in fbi and I don't have titled then downloads in fbi I don't see it anywhere

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

help I updated luma latest update now lost everything help plz

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get how do you do any of the in fbi plz help.how do I rename a file in fbi and I don't have titled then downloads in fbi I don't see it anywhere
To rename a file in FBI simply highlight the file and press "A", a menu will pop up and you select "Rename", you rename it using the keyboard then press "OK", done.

I think you mean "TitleDB" and it's on the main menu of FBI(just press "B" until you see the Main Menu). Once in the TitleDB you select the title you want download/install and you press "A" and a menu will pop up, then select "Install" and that's it.

help I updated luma latest update now lost everything help plz
Please be more specific as to what you did because updating Luma to the lastest hourly build and then updating to 11.3 wouldn't cause you to lose anything.

Do you have a NAND backup?

Last edited by BL4Z3D247,

ozzy8143

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it did make me lose everything I had to back my nand up and restore everything.

my 3ds is was on 11.2 I did the update on luma updater which the guide says to update before you update to 11.3 firmware.when I did the update I lost everything.i had to nand backup and restore my 3ds.

help plz how do I get this hbl to work on 11.3 I cant find any of the files that are in this guide in fbi.how do you rename in fbi.

all I have in my fbi is the following sd/ctr nand/twl nand/twl photo/twl sound/dump nand/ titles/pending titles/tickets/ext save data/system save data/network install/qr code install.no titledb in my fbi and I don't get a option to rename a file when I select it.

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it did make me lose everything I had to back my nand up and restore everything.

my 3ds is was on 11.2 I did the update on luma updater which the guide says to update before you update to 11.3 firmware.when I did the update I lost everything.i had to nand backup and restore my 3ds.

help plz how do I get this hbl to work on 11.3 I cant find any of the files that are in this guide in fbi.how do you rename in fbi.

all I have in my fbi is the following sd/ctr nand/twl nand/twl photo/twl sound/dump nand/ titles/pending titles/tickets/ext save data/system save data/network install/qr code install.no titledb in my fbi and I don't get a option to rename a file when I select it.
Sounds like you're not using the right version of FBI to me as you also don't have the "Update" option either. What's the version number on the top left corner of the top screen? Are you using the FBI injected into the Health&Safety app or the FBI.cia?

TTNH

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I got that message when I updated the payload but I was still using the "hblauncher_loader v1.2". Once I deleted it and installed " hblauncher_loader v1.3" it worked.

I just booted mine fine with Wi-Fi off. HBL.cia booted just fine... I'm confused as to why it would be different for you.
I've been trying to get hblauncher loader to work without internet all this time but I still have no luck.
I've tried updating a9lh, manually downloading and installing the payloads through the github website, updated my boot.3dsx file along with the starter file.

I definitely now know that hbl v1.3 only works with the hourly build so there's no point in messing around with LUMA and I've tried doing a clean install where I delete the CIA of hbl and it's ticket and installed them again.
The only thing that I did different to yours previously was that I installed hbl v1.3 over v1.2 but even then it shouldn't matter since I've been reinstalling the CIA over and over again.

This is annoying but I guess the good thing about this is that I've managed to update all of my files as the result. haha.

EDIT: I've got it working in the end but I didn't use hbl v1.3 or it's payload. It was actually the method given by @Shikkichu in this thread under the spoiler "old method". Which means that I had to use hbl v1.2 and rename the payload.
Anyways, thanks for the help you two!

Last edited by TTNH,

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been trying to get hblauncher loader to work without internet all this time but I still have no luck.
I've tried updating a9lh, manually downloading and installing the payloads through the github website, updated my boot.3dsx file along with the starter file.

I definitely now know that hbl v1.3 only works with the hourly build so there's no point in messing around with LUMA and I've tried doing a clean install where I delete the CIA of hbl and it's ticket and installed them again.
The only thing that I did different to yours previously was that I installed hbl v1.3 over v1.2 but even then it shouldn't matter since I've been reinstalling the CIA over and over again.

This is annoying but I guess the good thing about this is that I've managed to update all of my files as the result. haha.

EDIT: I've got it working in the end but I didn't use hbl v1.3 or it's payload. It was actually the method given by @Shikkichu in this thread under the spoiler "old method".
Thanks for the help you two!
I'm confused as to why none of it worked, however I'm glad the old method works for you so at least you can boot HBL c:

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
for me, Hblauncher 1.3 (N3DS) runs only when wifi is switched on, it doesn't matter whether Luma 6.6 or Luma nightly is installed. If wifi is switched off, this error message appears:

01fa1000
C9400002

Something failed :(
Please try again with wifi enabled

Any ideas ?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm reading all these issues with the N3DS has got me worried, thanks to Mr sponge Bob(well the user with the stoned sponge Bob avatar) I've got my o3ds XL and 2ds running on 11.3 with the hbl working.
I've just hacked my N3DS xl, going to update luma then N3DS to 11.3 but all the people saying it's not working for them is worrying.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
It works on a 11.3 N3DS, if you disable L2 Clock on Luma's settings. I'm not keen on using Luma nightly, as a workaround, as no homebrew app works, as they crash to a black screen, well for me anyway. Reverting back to normal 6.6 with L2 clock off, works but don't like the having to keep disabling L2 clock if I want to try and test HB stuff.

Muxi

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Finally I got it. Now it works without wifi enabled for N3DS with FW 11.3.036EUR

1) Install the HBL 1.3
2) Download the payload for 11.2.0.35EUR, put it in the hblauncherloader-folder and rename it to NEW-11-3-0-36-EUR.bin
3) update Luma3DS to the latest nightly with Luma3DS-Updater.

Thats it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s