brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
It's funny that your idea of perfect includes the inability to play online and slower-than-disc loading. You are probably not the best judge for this
Loads just a fraction slower than disc-loading, and why would I want to play online with all the hackers. I don't even play online, ever, I have friends come to the house, or play with my family. So yeah, it's perfect. I don't develop Loadiine, so no point in trying to convince me that there is a reason to be able to use someone else's, oops, I mean, your DLC in Loadiine. The sources are on Github though, good luck.

Loadiine is a shitty backup loader. 90% of the people use it exclusively for píracy. Extremely few use it for playing modded games.
End of story.
I have MK8 and SSB4 both modded, and exactly what I use it for, easier than using Cafiine.

Last edited by brienj,

Kohmei

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loads just a fraction slower than disc-loading, and why would I want to play online with all the hackers. I don't even play online, ever, I have friends come to the house, or play with my family. So yeah, it's perfect. I don't develop Loadiine, so no point in trying to convince me that there is a reason to be able to use someone else's, oops, I mean, your DLC in Loadiine. The sources are on Github though, good luck.
I'm really not trying to convince you of anything. You are the one jumping to their defense when someone points out the logical inconsistency in their choices, so perhaps it's you who should stop trying to convince everyone that anti-piracy in loadiine is a rational choice?

Developers can make contradictory and irrational choices, it's called being human. "It doesn't support piracy because I don't want it to" is far and away a better rationale than the convoluted hoop jumping that you're doing in trying to explain the difference between backup loading with and without DLC while ignoring equally convoluted reasoning as to why you would theoretically have a reason to backup even DLC. Let's call a spade a spade

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm really not trying to convince you of anything. You are the one jumping to their defense when someone points out the logical inconsistency in their choices, so perhaps it's you who should stop trying to convince everyone that anti-piracy in loadiine is a rational choice?

Developers can make contradictory and irrational choices, it's called being human. "It doesn't support piracy because I don't want it to" is far and away a better rationale than the convoluted hoop jumping that you're doing in trying to explain the difference between backup loading with and without DLC while ignoring equally convoluted reasoning as to why you would theoretically have a reason to backup even DLC. Let's call a spade a spade
You can play your game and DLC without Loadiine, since you own it. If you don't like Loadiine, nobody is forcing you to use it ...

If you don't like how it is programmed, the source code is on Github, and probably wouldn't be if it had what you wanted ...

Last edited by brienj,

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can play your game and DLC without Loadiine, since you own it. If you don't like Loadiine, nobody is forcing you to use it ...

If you don't like how it is programmed, the source code is on Github, and probably wouldn't be if it had what you wanted ...
How many times are you gonna repeat that stupid bullshit about source code?
It's not about modifying source code. Loading non-owned DLC requires a different implementation that they chose not to make public.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
And how can i load the DLC i own on Loadiine?
It's all explained in the Loadiine GX2 thread in the first post.

How many times are you gonna repeat that stupid bullshit about source code?
It's not about modifying source code. Loading non-owned DLC requires a different implementation that they chose not to make public.
Glad you think it's bullshit. LOL

Last edited by brienj,

Rak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt your argument, but you have left me with a question:
Is loadiine technically capable of loading DLC without you owning? I mean, there is no hardware or software limitation whatsoever and the reason it doesn't do it is because of a developer choice? I thought the reason was because of a technical limitation of the kernel exploit and the way loadiine is impersonating as another game.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt your argument, but you have left me with a question:
Is loadiine technically capable of loading DLC without you owning? I mean, there is no hardware or software limitation whatsoever and the reason it doesn't do it is because of a developer choice? I thought the reason was because of a technical limitation of the kernel exploit and the way loadiine is impersonating as another game.
It is possible but the developers did not reveal how.

If the info was public there would be already a mod for that.

Last edited by piratesephiroth,

greenlanternx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
is possible load a DLC in a game downloaded from eshop without backup?
I have watchdogs (eshop) and I want load non wii u DLC (bad blood) on it (I found comments in others sites that said some players load PS3/4 exclusive DLC in windows version so... I was wondering if is possible)

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
is possible load a DLC in a game downloaded from eshop without backup?
I have watchdogs (eshop) and I want load non wii u DLC (bad blood) on it (I found comments in others sites that said some players load PS3/4 exclusive DLC in windows version so... I was wondering if is possible)
Loadiine allows you to play DLC you dump from your own console with ddd, that's all.

brienj

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Please someone could tell me the "aoc0005000cXXXXXXXX" directory of Hyrule Warriors DLC: I will not dump the entire disk, it is very slow (I want use DDD "specific content" function).

--EDIT-- Done,I understand the mechanism: aoc0005000E1017D900
Then use /vol/aoc, from what I remember, you only need to use "aoc" for the folder to dump.

Also, if you are going to use the DLC, I don't understand why people don't dump the whole game as well, it's the perfect way to make sure the whole thing will work in Loadiine. It will also dump your saves too. Just use /vol and away you go.

Last edited by brienj,

HNCharlie

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys, A question came to my mind
I have the Hyrule Warriors PAL for loadiine and a friend of mine lend me his copy of the physic game (for me to buy the dlcs).
Can I load dlcs bought and dumped from a NTSC Game with a PAL version on loadiine? If not, is there any way that I can make the PAL version a NTSC version without Dumping?

MrUnusual

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question... I'm in a bit of a predicament here with my DLC. So I bought Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors a long time ago and purchased all of the DLC for both (so being that I purchased it, it shouldn't be considered piracy), but I no longer have have the games because they were stolen. I have Loadiine and I have Saviine, but if I understand correctly, to dump the game files (including the DLC you purchased), you have to either have the downloaded version of the game to select from the Wii Menu or the physical copy to select so that the dump can start, I don't have either, so using Loadiine, would there be no way I can retrieve the DLC I purchased already?

oldsk00l

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Question... I'm in a bit of a predicament here with my DLC. So I bought Mario Kart 8 and Hyrule Warriors a long time ago and purchased all of the DLC for both (so being that I purchased it, it shouldn't be considered piracy), but I no longer have have the games because they were stolen. I have Loadiine and I have Saviine, but if I understand correctly, to dump the game files (including the DLC you purchased), you have to either have the downloaded version of the game to select from the Wii Menu or the physical copy to select so that the dump can start, I don't have either, so using Loadiine, would there be no way I can retrieve the DLC I purchased already?

You're lucky. Because you've bought the DLCs in the past, they're unlocked on your WiiU, so you just have to find a dump of DLC 1+2 for MK8 for example and use it with loadiine as described in the howto. Don't forget the updates.

Last edited by oldsk00l,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Your eyes need to rest.