How to use DLC with loadiine?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Keylogger, May 7, 2016.

1. Keylogger
    OP

Keylogger GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

May 3, 2006
    France
    Hello,

I just dumped my MK8 DLC (/vol/aoc folder) but I don't know how to use DLC with loadiine?
    Do I have to put the aoc folder in the updates folder?

This is my DLC structure:
    \vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0010
    \vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0011
    \vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0012
    \vol\aoc0005000c1010ed00\0013\course

2. dimok

dimok GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2009
    United States
    As I described you put the DLC "aoc0005000c1010ed00" folder directly to the games folder /wiiu/games/MK8 [ID6]/

Don't forget to enable the DLC in the settings window of the game before launching it.

eco95, Keylogger and EclipseSin like this.
  3. Keizel

Keizel GBAtemp Fan

Jun 28, 2015
    If this user, share the AOC folder, we could use the DLC or not?

4. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    No, I think it is encrypted with pwner's... whatsoever key (internal key ?).
    Maybe there is a method to decrypt content on the owner's WiiU.

5. piratesephiroth

piratesephiroth I wish I could read

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Ah so loadiine supports DLC now. Nice.

6. Fjar

Fjar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2015
    Venezuela
    Only your own DLC (dumb thing)

Wolfy and daniel26150 like this.
  7. brienj

brienj Trying to avoid getting cancer

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Yeah, let's turn the backup loader into the pirate loader, which is what it would do if they allowed you to play DLC you didn't buy.

OuahOuah likes this.
  8. OuahOuah

OuahOuah GBAtemp Maniac

Oct 2, 2006
    France
    France
    And let's rename it to WarezLoad :)

9. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Let's rename it to Legitload

10. JFSAINTS

JFSAINTS Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2008
    i have 2 wiiu, mk8 and dlc purchase at my first wiiu, all ok.....but in my other wiiu, mk8 dont work with my dlc dump....seriously? ¬¬ , no logic ....

Masterwin likes this.
  11. SkittleDash

SkittleDash Loading...

Oct 21, 2015
    Skyloft
    It already is a pirate loader. And It's not really needed for some games. SSB4 for example, you don't need the DLC since it's in the update. A little fiddling and you could probably unlock them. It's not piracy if you're just modifying the game.

12. Fjar

Fjar GBAtemp Regular

Nov 22, 2015
    Venezuela
    You are wrong Sherlock: this is talk without know anything: i have 2 Wii U consoles and i want to use my Super Smash Bros U DLC in the other console but... Oh wait i can't!, it is very useless for me for that reason if i want to use my DLC in the console where i bought the DLC i just have to run the game like always.

Last edited by Fjar, May 12, 2016
  13. brienj

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Just attach your NNID to that console, you're good to go. It's not the Loadiine developers fault that the Wii U works that way. You should be angry at them, not the Loadiine developers that are keeping the BACKUP loader strictly classified as such. How would they be able to determine that you did indeed buy the DLC? Like I said, you're wrong at the wrong people, bring the issue up with Nintendo, or find a work around, the source code is on Github.

Last edited by brienj, May 12, 2016
  14. Kohmei

Kohmei GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    Maybe you only have a 8GB Wii U and slow internet, you don't want to delete your DLC to make room for other games or other DLC, so what can you do? Well, you could back it up and use the backup in the Backup Loader™, but no... the original still needs to be intact, and in fact, if you lose access to the original for whatever reason, you can't load your backup anymore. Not really much of a backup anymore at this point is it. It's a PoC for a concept that's not useful to anyone

AboodXD and Fjar like this.
  15. brienj

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    Maybe you only have a 8GB Wii U and slow internet, you don't want to delete your DLC to make room for other games or other DLC, so what can you do? Well, you could back it up and use the backup in the Backup Loader™, but no... the original still needs to be intact, and in fact, if you lose access to the original for whatever reason, you can't load your backup anymore. Not really much of a backup anymore at this point is it. It's a PoC for a concept that's not useful to pirates.

FIXED

BTW, you can "back it up" on an external HDD, which the Wii U will gladly use as storage, and last time I looked you can get a lot more GB per dollar than a SD Card. You can also, back up anything on your PC with the kernel hack, so allowing DLC on any console will only allow one thing ...

Last edited by brienj, May 12, 2016
    piratesephiroth likes this.
  16. zongalito

zongalito GBAtemp Regular

Dec 9, 2013
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Rancagua, Chile
    i have the DLC stages for sonic world but somehow they wont load on loadiine, what should i have to do? i also have purchased pikmin 3 dlc so i want to know how to load it from loadiine.

17. Kohmei

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    You can't restore a DLC installation from files to the system since we can't yet recover title keys from the system, so while you technically can backup the files to your PC, you can't use the files because Loadiine won't allow it unless you already have the files installed, negating the point of the backup to begin with... If you don't realize how circular this logic is I can't help you. It is a neat idea but it is not useful to anyone, mostly because loadiine is at this point only a piracy tool. If you have the originals you would just use those because loadiine has too many problems to begin with, and DLC represents just a minor inconvenience. I have yet to retire my game discs because loadiine is not ready for primetime "backup loading" or whatever you want to call it

18. brienj

Jan 3, 2016
    United States
    I play both MK8 and SSB4 with Loadiine and DLC. I own the games and the DLC. Works perfect.

ajd4096 likes this.
  19. Kohmei

Feb 17, 2013
    United States
    It's funny that your idea of perfect includes the inability to play online and slower-than-disc loading. You are probably not the best judge for this

20. piratesephiroth

Sep 5, 2013
    Brazil
    Loadiine is a shitty backup loader. 90% of the people use it exclusively for píracy. Extremely few use it for playing modded games.
    End of story.

Mächtig and Kohmei like this.