Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all, i got a 3in1 expansion pack today and i got the one with the 512mb but my issue is not which version i have its how do i get it to work?? when i insert it and power up my DS it says on the screen after the first boot screen at the bottom that there is no card in the GBA slot..my ds says the slot is empty even tho its in the slot. i tried it in my sisters DS and it says the same thing...is there some kind of trick to get the DS to recognize that the 3in1 expansion pack is in the slot?

sgand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
magic_marty said:
Hi all, i got a ez flash 3in1 today and i got the one with the 512mb but my issue is not which version i have its how do i get it to work?? when i insert it and power up my DS it says on the screen after the first boot screen at the bottom that theres no card in the GBA slot..my ds says the slot is empty even tho its in the slot. i tried it in my sisters DS and it does the same thing...is there some kind of trick to get the DS to recognize that the 3in1 is in the slot?

Which slot 1 are you using? You need one for it to work.

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am currently using the cyclo ds evolution in the top slot and i wanted to add the expansion so i can play GBA roms plus use the DS browser but my ds says the GBA slot is empty when i try to use it...

Posts merged

i dont understand how i can use it if the DS does not see that its in the slot...

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
??? i thought it acts like a link to enable the cyclo ds to play GBA games or thats what i read on the web..eather way still doesn't the
ds need to know that its inserted in its slot? i mean its just like having nothing in the slot... it says the slot is empty..

Posts merged

??? i thought it acts like a link to enable the cyclo ds to play GBA games or thats what i read on the web..eather way still doesn't the
ds need to know that its inserted in its slot? i mean its just like having nothing in the slot... it says the slot is empty..

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i tried this....... i put a GBA rom on my sd card and when i try to play it i get this message "a compatible slot 2 device was not found"

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did update the firmware before i tried using the 3n1 .....anyhow it has suddenly started working now so i guess its all good now.how ever the ds still shows the GBA slot is empty but the rumble function is working and i can play GBA game roms from my sd card thats inserted in my cyclods .........but the DS browser still says i need to insert the expansion pack, because it does not recognize that the expansion pack is in the slot..

KatieCat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope I don't get flamed for this but was there a final resolution to version 0.40 of Rudolph's backup tool stating "reading file list" when trying to backup carts with a 3in1+?

I've searched the posts and read all I could on the subject then eventually used the WIFI tool to backup my ROMS (painfully slow). My config is

DSL
FLASHME'ed
EZVI
Upgraded to OB9
Upgraded the EZ5FW (Found on a Chineese site)
3in1+

The first time I used the 0.40 tool it looked like it might work but hung in the FLASH copy phase. After that it always says "reading file list" after I swap the EZVI with the ROM and press the contimue button...

I'm able to load a GBA game to the FLASH via GBAEXPloader 0.58b

I'm assuming the answer is just wait for the EZ_Team to realeas OB10

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i got the browser working without using any type of patch.. i went to cyclo's site and downloaded the 1.54 beta3 and it fixed it..The DS still saying the GBA slot is empty but it seems to all be working now.

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my CycloDS in the mail today. Once again, I am using the Ez Flash 3in1+ or v3. So far, with CycloDS Firmware update 1.54 Beta 4, I have gotten the rumble working, the Opera and Linux to read the Ram WITHOUT patching, and play GBA games without using anything except opening it from the CycloDS menu. The thing I haven't gotten to work is the NDS Backup Tool Slot 2 v0.4 by Rudolph. I can get it to read the cartridge but when I try to backup the save or the rom from a slot 1 card, it freezes at 0%. Any ideas?

Spartan117H3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try manually making the folders in the ini file on the microsd. if your still having problems try the wifi dump method, it doesn't require a 3in1.

Yeah, I have the Wi-Fi tool working on one of my other computers but one that currently isn't working too well as the laptop monitor broke. It's a pain to set it up. I can't use it on my new computer because it can't find the temp folder in C:\. I assume the problem is because of the partition. Anyways, I figured out what was wrong, it's just insanely slow, it wasn't frozen at 0%. Manually making folders in an ini file? Aren't ini files txt. format?

Looks like because of M3 users that released the exclusion patch, screwed everyone else over. Roudolph has stopped development and has removed the links.

Looks like everyone is stuck with halfway support.

http://kotei.blog.so-net.ne.jp/

Hmm, I found a few links on his site but you can always google it.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Some people are reporting faulty batches of 3in1+ (v3) with non functional rumble. I'll post pictures of the other side of the PCBs when I can get around to it. I don't have enough information on this issue.

If you got issues about it, post both sides of the PCB (has to be clear to see all the print, no fuzzy crap) before you guess about it being defective and why you think it is defective. otherwise I will ignore it.

Shin-Ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3in1 (the second version on the pictures of the first post) doesn't save games anymore and i only had it for 3 months!
However I opened it and measured the voltage on the battery contacts with a tester and it has 3V or even a little more.
Any tips?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste