Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
It was misleading as to how the M3 group named the bundle at the time. I believe the name at the time was "M3 DS Real perfect bundle" or something similar.

I don't have the SD version or the CF version of the M3 perfect (GBA flashcart, not a GEP). I have the microSD version of the M3 perfect. They should all work the same as a GEP if you use GBA ExpLoader, you might erase your game data in SRAM using GBA ExpLoader. I have used it a few times as a GEP without any ill effects to it operating as a standalone GBA flashcart.

The M3 perfect is not a GEP, but can work like one.

---

The reason I listed it as "all versions" is because on the PCB, it suggest that there was more than 1 version of the GEP.

Reactions: migles

Mamothstard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Edit : Nevermind my previous comment.
So what would be the best method of enabling all the features of the 3in1? Acekard or Wood?
I'm asking because even with GBAexploader I can't make use of the expansion features.
But I'm using a DSTWO+ so that may be related.
I have no problem flashing PSRAM or NOR though.
Battery is dead yet again and I need to source another replacement but that shouldn't be a problem.

Last edited by Mamothstard,

SonicRings

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If your save is getting erased after every reboot, it means you need to replace the battery. Otherwise it really doesn't matter if you get an error or not.
I recall having the same issue all those years ago. Replacing the battery will not help a failed SRAM chip. Even soft-resetting will wipe any progress on any game. My only option was to buy another EZ Flash V 3in1, one with a working SRAM.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
I recall having the same issue all those years ago. Replacing the battery will not help a failed SRAM chip. Even soft-resetting will wipe any progress on any game. My only option was to buy another EZ Flash V 3in1, one with a working SRAM.
The only limiting factor on a 3in1 is the write limit to the NOR. The RAM is suppose to have nearly unlimited READ/WRITE. I've seen a few people with 3in1's that fail the SRAM test but still work fine. If I would have to guess, the solder contacts probably separated from the PCB, U2 and/or U4. Visual inspection of U3 should be easy since contacts for those are on the sides of the chip.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/sGvT5FKSiyk?si=TYqsdjjbF-4N8Xc8