Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

Shin-Ra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
even though you only had it for 3 months, it was probably sitting on a shelf for more than a year. Just use the battery replacement guide to replace your battery. There is a link to it on the first post.
Changed the battery and nothing happened.
It didn't work, im guessing theres something wrong with the card. Guess i'll have to buy another one.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
This is for those without integrated support mostly, do you even know the difference?

Even waiting for those with integrated support, you still have the same issues like everybody else.
Well that's true. I can support rumble from the ysmenu but once the game loads, it doesn't work anymore.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Why does it matter which version we get? Am I missing something?

I'm ordering the 'new' EZFlash 3-in-1 Plus from RealHotStuff. are there any issues with it?

And is it possible to remove the 3-in-1 from its casing, and put it in the original DS Lite dust cover slot?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
This whole thread like any other is important based on when it was made. When the 3in1+ came out, there WAS an issue to define what the actual issue was and how to deal with it.

To answer your second question: That depends what slot-1 you got.

To answer the last question: NO, the screws are in difference place.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks.

And I'm using AK2i on a DS Lite
tongue.gif

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm new here, so first of all hi and thanks for a great website. Seeing as you guys are neck deep in this kind of hardware, I thought this would be a best place to ask. I have a EZ Flash 3 in 1 [plus] and I'm using it together with my R4 unit. Everything works fine - the homebrew detects the ram expansion, gba games load and the rumble feature works with ds games when I load the GBA ExpLoader first.

What I would like to know is, how do I get the rumble feature to work with original games? I have original cartridges for Viva Piñata Pocket Paradise, Diddy Kong Racing and Metroid Hunters. They all support rumble pak but they don't even see the 3 in 1. I know it doesn't get detected as the original, that's why I need the loader for roms, but what about original games?

I would appreciate your help. If there is a way to do it and it involves multiple steps, please explain them to me. Thanks

Mariko

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
the 3in1+ doesn't work with the original games, since the location in memory for detecting the rumble is not the same as the original 3in1.

You alternative is to get your hands on the M3 rumble pack, that hasn't changed since it was made and is available for under 5 bucks and is still widely available:

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.23509

There is a supercard lite with rumble, but is not available on DX at the moment.

The other answer with your rumble problem I have seen for this:
The rumble packs donot support original games.

I do not use the rumble, the above statement is not mine but someone else's so I wouldn't know if it is valid or not.

If you REALLY want to have rumble for original games, I suggest that you goto a used videogame shop and look for the legit rumble pack. You are garenteed 100% compatibility this way.

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for a speedy reply. That's too bad. I figured that since it runs ok with the NDS roms after the vibrations are set in GBA ExpLoader, it would work with the originals too. Did the older 3 in 1's got detected by original games just fine? If so, it's weird they changed it.

I'm don't have to have rumble in the games but I thought it would be nice to have the option of using it. I guess I can always download the roms for the games I own and use it with the flash cart to get the rumble function.

I'm surprised there isn't a tool that you can load from a flash card, enable the rumble like in GBA ExpLoader and then insert an original game. A program loaded into RAM does allow cartridge swap, just like when you're doing a NDS backup. You load the soft from the slot one flash and it will transfer the data to slot 2 and back to slot 1. You have to swap between original and flash in slot 1. You know what I mean.

Someone should make a tool that enables the rumble this way. Run it from slot 1 flash, when it loads, swap back for original and it will boot it.

Mariko

Mariko

Trophies
XP
Country
I did look through the download section for the third party software, and all I found were applications for activating the rumble feature in the NDS roms and allowing you to load gba games either into psram or nor.

I also read through your post on various 3 in 1 versions. That's how I knew I had the 3 in 1 plus. So I'm not lazy. I'm just new to this and it's a bit overwhelming.

I know (in theory) how to backup NDS games with the 3 in 1 and I have successfully activated vibrations in rom games. I got the RAM to work in the browser and in homebrew and the gba games work fine as well. The only thing I needed help with were vibrations in original games.

Since there are tools that support slot 1 cartridge swap, I figured that there might be a way of activating rumble using a tool that uses this method. But it would appear that either such a tool doesn't exist or I can't find it. You said it yourself that you can't get rumble to work with originals. That's why I mentioned such a tool should be made by those who coded GBALdr or ExpLoader.

Mariko

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've got some information about an unlisted board ID#

EZ5C11 (7/2007)

I bought it in late 2007.

The battery arrived DOA, and I just recently got around to replacing the battery.

Like the others it takes a CR1220.

So after picking up a new battery, I soldered it in, it worked for a few days and then died. So then I went and bought another battery, soldered that in. Dead within 2 days, and it looks like some of the chips might have heat damage (The chip under the battery, and parts of the PCB have turned partly white.)

Now I may not be to handy with a soldering iron, but I know I soldered these in right (Positive to Positive, etc. etc.), and the batteries were brand new.

I have a sneaking suspicion that this card might be a fake, but I've seen it posted about (Same ID#) on GBAtemp before. So I have no idea, but even the case is a bit shoddy, when I opened it the first time I noticed the two clips on the inside were snapped (And I know it wasn't me, since I didn't force it open.)

I'm getting a few more CR1220 /w Tabs in the mail (Tracking lists it as being in the next town over ATM, so either later today, or tomorrow.) And I'll try this whole charade over again.
But so far this 3in1 has been nothing but a waste of time, trouble and worst of all: Money. I think I'm just going to have to buy a new one (From TempShop of course.).

Anyone else have problems with this particular board?

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Check to see if you have a shorted connection when you soldered a new battery.

If your leaving it when you charge your DS, try taking it when you do that and see if you still get a dead battery in a few days. If not most likely your DS is burning out the 3in1, that means a resistor on the board is most likely burned out. You would have to get a new 3in1 or find the bad resistor and replace it if you know how to solder SMT parts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs