Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

Comrade Cough

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
Check to see if you have a shorted connection when you soldered a new battery.

If your leaving it when you charge your DS, try taking it when you do that and see if you still get a dead battery in a few days. If not most likely your DS is burning out the 3in1, that means a resistor on the board is most likely burned out. You would have to get a new 3in1 or find the bad resistor and replace it if you know how to solder SMT parts.

Pretty much told me exactly what I didn't want to hear, as I have no desire to solder a new resistor on it. Rats.

I'll try one more battery, and take the cart out when I'm not using it, see how long that lasts. After that, I guess that I'll be testing out TempShop's shipping times
wacko.gif

lonton16

Trophies
XP
Country
I've just bought an ez 3in 1 with the same version as Comrade Cough did. It only has a rumble level. I'll check to see how long the battery 'll last .^^

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I did a SRAM check with SRAM test2: http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9516
I have an EZFlash 3in1+ and I should get this screen:
IMG_130092c.jpg

However something seems not right, because I get the lines:

Nor Flash id=0x89168916
start SRAM verify
verify Err:Add=0, S=74, D=1f

Does that mean, my SRAM is broken? Or is just my battery dead?

-edit-

Never mind, my battery is dead.

darkside2205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude talk about i almost cried. First it kept getting stuck at the "gameboy"screen, then it failed the ram test. Then i went and tried to play a gba game and it didn't even load it so i figured it must have not been detected anymore so i took it out and put it back in (not easy o.O) and boom bam it worked

darkside2205

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if this has already been adressed i'm in a bit of a hurry, i've tried it and everything works the games save and are playable and all that good jazz but when i did the ran test it couldn't run the testram.gba file?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
You can't use the 3in1 for extra memory if your version of moonshell doesn't support it right out the box, moonshell has to have the code to use an expansion pack as a RAM pack.

You will have to check the changelogs in moonshell to see if it even has that feature available. If it doesn't, your answer would be no.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how_do_i_do_that said:
You can't use the 3in1 for extra memory if your version of moonshell doesn't support it right out the box, moonshell has to have the code to use an expansion pack as a RAM pack.

You will have to check the changelogs in moonshell to see if it even has that feature available. If it doesn't, your answer would be no.

ok them on of the snes emulator out there can use the extra memory right ?

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If [insert your homebrew name here] doesn't have the code to detect and be able to use the 3in1 as a RAM pack. Having the 3in1 when you run that homebrew doesn't magically make it work faster or better if the 3in1 is not supported as such.

The code is limited to the PSRAM (only the 16MB is used on the 3in1) not the NOR. Having a 3in1+ doesn't give anyone an advantage that it has 64MB of NOR when the 16MB PSRAM is used only.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Does the SCDSTWO also has an integrated loader for the Supercard Lite? Or do you advice me to take another slot-2 card for better GBA-emu on the SCDSTWO?

how_do_i_do_that

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
SC always had support for thier slot2 stuff, same as M3 with thier stuff and the same as the EZ-Flash. The only difference is that the EZ-Flash team gave source code so anybody can use the 3in1, thats why you got AKAIO and the CycloDS with 3in1 support for example.

Choices are yours to make since your the one using it. Depending on the type of games you play the SC slot2 carts would be fine for most people. For others, it just doesn't cut it for them.

Personally, I hate these "whats the best cart for me" posts. Here is why:
I don't mind read. They mostly give next to nothing on what types of games they like to play with on GBA. Weither they will ever use any homebrew or whatever that uses any particular features, etc.

Aonther thing, you said that you got a SCDS2. Most people that get that IS BECAUSE they want to move away from a slot2 usage. Are you trying to ask if you made a mistake and trying to justify it or something?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy