Hacking How to tell which version of the 3in1 you have.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how_do_i_do_that said:
SC always had support for thier slot2 stuff, same as M3 with thier stuff and the same as the EZ-Flash. The only difference is that the EZ-Flash team gave source code so anybody can use the 3in1, thats why you got AKAIO and the CycloDS with 3in1 support for example.

Choices are yours to make since your the one using it. Depending on the type of games you play the SC slot2 carts would be fine for most people. For others, it just doesn't cut it for them.

Personally, I hate these "whats the best cart for me" posts. Here is why:
I don't mind read. They mostly give next to nothing on what types of games they like to play with on GBA. Weither they will ever use any homebrew or whatever that uses any particular features, etc.

Aonther thing, you said that you got a SCDS2. Most people that get that IS BECAUSE they want to move away from a slot2 usage. Are you trying to ask if you made a mistake and trying to justify it or something?
I was just wondering and don't need to justify anything. I did not made a mistake. I actually like my SCDS2 very much, I just want to use a slot-2 card in combination with it. I checked your first post on this topic and it said nothing about SCDS2 compatibility with slot-2 cards. Only thing I could find was this:

slot1 integrated loader for the Supercard lite/slot2:
Supercard DS1/i

Maybe you could add SCDS2, so no one else will bother you with their questions. I want to use this slot-2 card for GBA and internet (Operabrowser I guess) on my DSlite. Is there any GBA homebrew that's worth the effort?

Thanks for the quick response!

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Those are already built into the SC firmware (you have to turn it on to use it), you only need to have the slot2 SC in the DS and run the browser.

There is already generic browser patch that can detect the SC slot2 on filetrip somewhere in that jumbled mess section for slot2 stuff.

As for adding the SCDS2, not really. They stopped supporting the slot2 stuff, as in no more updates. The slot2 plugin is pretty much all your going to get in the way of SCDS2 doing any updates from now on. The majority of actual SC slot2 flashcarts have nearly disappeared from the majority of online shops.

HeadHunt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
how_do_i_do_that said:
As for adding the SCDS2, not really. They stopped supporting the slot2 stuff, as in no more updates. The slot2 plugin is pretty much all your going to get in the way of SCDS2 doing any updates from now on. The majority of actual SC slot2 flashcarts have nearly disappeared from the majority of online shops.
Is this the right one?
http://www.gbashop.eu/product_info.php?cPa...tm53oe0n666vah2
Do you think I shouldn't get this slot-2 card? Could you tell me which features this slot-2 card would add?

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hello hello. I have a question! I recently obtained a 3in1, opening it up indicated it's the "EZ5C11" version. 2/3rds of the card works fine, I can play GBA roms (usual save issues aside), and homebrew detects and utilises the extra memory just fine (although selecting the "EZ 3in1" option doesn't seem to work, but auto detecting does work. I'm having a problem with the rumble, however. I can't get into the rumble/memory section of GBA ExpLoader at all, it just gives me NOR and PSRAM options, no games detect it.

Comparing the pictures of the device at the start of this topic, I believe mine may be faulty. The cables from the rumbler are soldered into the wrong places. In the image[1] they go red-blue from left to right on the circuit board, in mine they go blue-red. Would this stop the rumble feature from being detected at all?

I admit this isn't a major issue to myself, as I bought it for the GBA ability and exp memory, rumble was just a nice addition, but I'd like to know it works. What's the best way to test the rumble to see if it actually works?

I am using what I believe to be the last ver of GBA ExpLoader (0.58b0 according to the screen).
I am using an R4 SDHC slot-1 device, with latest firmware.

Thanks in advance.

[1] http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x151/tr...Z5C11_front.jpg

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Of ExpLoader? Which version do I use? I tried all the .58s I could find and a .57. Still the same result.

The faq suggests 0.58b but I still can't access the 3rd ExpLoader screen

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
how_do_i_do_that said:
This is a quick reference for finding out what 3in1 version you have. you will have to open the 3in1 and look on the back of the PCB to find out which version you have. In GBA ExpLoader it is as identified as such will be used as reference.

This is the new 3in1, identified as New3in1 by exploader:

v2_frontside.jpg

version2.png
Hi guys. Today i have receive four EZ IV Lite DX. I found a tips. With GBA ExpLoader 0.58b0_MX you can access to NOR Flash
biggrin.gif
The card is recognized as New3in1 in GBA ExpLoader. I will make photo of the four card i have.

EDIT: ok the PCB as the ref "EZ414" 200608

syrusch

Trophies
Website
www.stut.ch
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes i've read the entire post but yours is EZ IV mini SD. This one have 16MB PSRAM an 32MB NOR. EZ IV DX has 32MO PSRAM and 48MB NOR. And cos i have four of them, i will contibut to you post. This way you could also ad info about PCB rev for the EZ IV too.

Sorry about that but i haven't found another topic like yours in the forum. I have read the review but they don't talk about PCB rev and with GBA ExpLoader it's a little confusing when you don't know anithing about EZ card series (EZ IV, IV DX, 3in1, etc...).
smile.gif

EDIT: for the EZ IV DX and GBA EXP: For NOR you have to use 0.58b0_MX. For PSRAM you have to use 0.58a. 0.58b doesen't work with.

rehevkor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think I figured out what was causing the issues I was having in the above posts, I was using an R4 SDHC (some sort of clone) which seemed to be having compatibility issues of varying types. I have since replaced it with an Acekard 2i (a seemingly legit one) and it's worked like a charm.

Running through akAIO's built in GBA support, it's worked like a charm. Exploader seems to work correctly, but not tested much.

Hope this is of use to anyone using an R4 SDHC, which is a bit crap.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Very useful thread! I have three 3in1s but I didnt know what versions they were. Two turned out to be EZ5C13 and one was EZ5C11.
The question is, if I buy a 3in1 now, which version am I most likely to get?

If it's not EZ5C3, any idea where I can get that?
Also, might be a long shot, but interested in the EZ5C10 as well..

caribou007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is this 4th version like the predecessors to the +, without the issues that the + had/has?

What issues are still around between the 3in1+ and AK2i?

Edit: Just read more into the topic. I see the v4 is actually the worst now, with no rumble or ram mode, and possibly a high failure rate. =(

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
OP
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is this 4th version like the predecessors to the +, without the issues that the + had/has? Already answered that in the Q&A section.

What issues are still around between the 3in1+ and AK2i? None, since it is not widely available anymore. Whatever issues it has/had is an AKAIO problem at the time the 3in1+ came out.

Edit: Just read more into the topic. I see the v4 is actually the worst now, with no rumble or ram mode, and possibly a high failure rate. =(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    @The Real Jdbye, I thought about that and I have blank DVD's and Blurays but honestly after like 90 songs I just listen to it a couple of hundred times toss it out and burn something else or have like 2-3 CD's. Florida here the heat in the car tends to ruin the CD's after like a few months even commercial pressed ones don't last too long.
    my music collection is just too big, i require variety
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: my music collection is just too big, i require variety