• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah I uninstalled that last night and def not running MACCycle at the same time. The scheduled task is running every minute with no error code (0x0). Seems to have something to do with the length of time it takes to disable and re enable my wireless interface.. I noticed if I added:
WScript.Sleep(5000)
NetSh "start hostednetwork", True
at the end of the Select Case strArg block it would work for the most part.. but this was causing performance issues (notable jerks in video playback on the htpc this runs on when the wireless interface would bounce).

Everything seems to work with your default script on my htpc besides the netsh wlan start hostednetwork call.. :/

I love the idea of having this always on running on my fairly beefy htpc instead of rdp'ing into it and starting two applications to start homepassing but it skips the video playback, that won't do!

Code:
WScript.Sleep(5000)
NetSh "start hostednetwork", True

This affects only the virtual AP start time, physical wireless interface is restarted as in the original script. If your HTPC using the same WiFi adapter as the main network connecton then it will toggle the network acccess in the same manner as before. There is no way to set the MAC of the adapter without restarting the interface. Please describe your device connection configuration first. also please provide the output from
Code:
wmic nic list brief | clip
the result will be in the clipboard, just paste in the post

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apologies for this, but I'm having trouble getting StreetPasses with the Windows 7 setup combined with MacCycle. I'm using the NZ@McD1 SSID, and my 3DS connects and shows a Nintendo Zone just fine. I was able to get it to receive 5 streetpasses using the "only prime macs" setting on MacCycle, just to see if it worked, but after switching to have it cycle through every mac available I've gotten none since then.

I don't understand what is wrong, as back before the 9.0 firmware update I was able to get streetpasses constantly using the same method. Are the MACs included in MacCycle just outdated, or am I doing something wrong?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I don't understand what is wrong, as back before the 9.0 firmware update I was able to get streetpasses constantly using the same method. Are the MACs included in MacCycle just outdated, or am I doing something wrong?
MACCycle and macshift which is exploited by MACCycle is not aware of the windows driver limitations, so it can looks like to change MACs but in fact the MACs you are using just can't be properly set by your wireless adapter deriver.
Just give it up with MACCycle and follow "Before your tried anything else" link at the first page of this topic.

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MACCycle and macshift which is exploited by MACCycle is not aware of the windows driver limitations, so it can looks like to change MACs but in fact the MACs you are using just can't be properly set by your wireless adapter deriver.
Just give it up with MACCycle and follow "Before your tried anything else" link at the first page of this topic.

I started to follow the guide, and after a successful streetpass using it, I noticed it shut off my wireless adapter, which doesn't come back on at all unless I manually restart it with the normal cmd prompt input (netsh wlan start hostednetwork).

Did I mess it up somehow?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I started to follow the guide, and after a successful streetpass using it, I noticed it shut off my wireless adapter, which doesn't come back on at all unless I manually restart it with the normal cmd prompt input (netsh wlan start hostednetwork).
Did I mess it up somehow?

You should've contact me ASAP afteer this issue :)
Sounds very similar with the syntrix issue
I need the result of running maccheck.cmd, link is available in the guide. And I need the output for
Code:
Just run and paste in the reply as the result will be already in the clipboard.

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should've contact me ASAP afteer this issue :)
Sounds very similar with the syntrix issue
I need the result of running maccheck.cmd, link is available in the guide. And I need the output for
Code:
Just run and paste in the reply as the result will be already in the clipboard.

Very sorry, but how would I go about getting the results of running macccheck.cmd? Whenever I try opening it, my screen flashes for a second, then nothing happens. Where do the results go?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Very sorry, but how would I go about getting the results of running macccheck.cmd? Whenever I try opening it, my screen flashes for a second, then nothing happens. Where do the results go?

You can run maccheck.cmd "wifi connectin name" | clip, the result will be placed in the clipboard

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a galaxy S3 sch-I535 ver. 4.4.2 kernal 3.4.0 and I think I did the hex editor correctly. I edited efs wifi mac info changed my phone to attwifi and no pass. The file kept changing back to the original but it seemed when i went right there after reboot it didn't help or right after changing the file. I also tried Streetpass Rillay Andriod Pass. Any other ideas or am I missing something?

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Results of both checks under here. Thank you for the assistance.

Results of running maccheck:
Code:
AdapterType    DeviceID  MACAddress        Name                                                    NetworkAddresses  ServiceName  Speed             

0                            WAN Miniport (SSTP)                                                      RasSstp                         

1                            WAN Miniport (IKEv2)                                                      RasAgileVpn                     

2                            WAN Miniport (L2TP)                                                      Rasl2tp                         

3                            WAN Miniport (PPTP)                                                      PptpMiniport                   

4                            WAN Miniport (PPPOE)                                                      RasPppoe                       

5                            WAN Miniport (IPv6)                                                      NdisWan                         

6                            WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)                                            NdisWan                         

8                            WAN Miniport (IP)                                                        NdisWan                         

Ethernet 802.3  9        F4:B7:E2:AD:E8:AA  Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)                                  BthPan        0                 

10                          RAS Async Adapter                                                                                         

Tunnel          11                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter                                                  tunnel        100000           

Ethernet 802.3  12        90:B1:1C:9D:B5:21  Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller                                        RTL8167      1000000000       

Tunnel          13                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2                                              tunnel        100000           

Tunnel          14                          Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface                                        tunnel        100000           

Ethernet 802.3  15        30:46:9A:27:25:A5  NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter                    BCMH43XX      9223372036854775807

Tunnel          16                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3                                              tunnel        100000           

17                          Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter                                                                   

Tunnel          18                          Microsoft 6to4 Adapter                                                    tunnel        100000           

19                          Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter                                                                   

Ethernet 802.3  20        30:46:9A:27:25:A5  Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3                                vwifimp      9223372036854775807

Tunnel          21                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4                                              tunnel        100000

-----------------------

Results from the second code you asked:
Code:
AdapterType    DeviceID  MACAddress        Name                                                    NetworkAddresses  ServiceName  Speed             

0                            WAN Miniport (SSTP)                                                      RasSstp                         

1                            WAN Miniport (IKEv2)                                                      RasAgileVpn                     

2                            WAN Miniport (L2TP)                                                      Rasl2tp                         

3                            WAN Miniport (PPTP)                                                      PptpMiniport                   

4                            WAN Miniport (PPPOE)                                                      RasPppoe                       

5                            WAN Miniport (IPv6)                                                      NdisWan                         

6                            WAN Miniport (Network Monitor)                                            NdisWan                         

8                            WAN Miniport (IP)                                                        NdisWan                         

Ethernet 802.3  9        F4:B7:E2:AD:E8:AA  Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)                                  BthPan        0                 

10                          RAS Async Adapter                                                                                         

Tunnel          11                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter                                                  tunnel        100000           

Ethernet 802.3  12        90:B1:1C:9D:B5:21  Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller                                        RTL8167      1000000000       

Tunnel          13                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2                                              tunnel        100000           

Tunnel          14                          Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface                                        tunnel        100000           

Ethernet 802.3  15        30:46:9A:27:25:A5  NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter                    BCMH43XX      9223372036854775807

Tunnel          16                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3                                              tunnel        100000           

17                          Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter                                                                   

Tunnel          18                          Microsoft 6to4 Adapter                                                    tunnel        100000           

19                          Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter                                                                   

Ethernet 802.3  20        30:46:9A:27:25:A5  Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter #3                                vwifimp      9223372036854775807

Tunnel          21                          Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #4                                              tunnel        100000

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second din't work.
Run it from the command prompt please (Start - All Programs -Acessories - Command Prompt) please

I did, and upon giving me another try it gives the same result. Entering the command in the command prompt causes a slight pause, then it begins a new line for me to input more commands. I'm extremely sorry, is there another way to get the result you're after?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I did, and upon giving me another try it gives the same result. Entering the command in the command prompt causes a slight pause, then it begins a new line for me to input more commands. I'm extremely sorry, is there another way to get the result you're after?

In command prompt just type
maccheck.cmd "wifi connection name" <Enter>
If should work wor a while and give you result

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In command prompt just type
nzone.cmd "wifi connection name" <Enter>
If should work wor a while and give you result

Hopefully this is correct. I'm very sorry for wasting so much of your time so far. :(

Code:
4E:53:50:4F:4F:40
4E:53:50:4F:4F:41
4E:53:50:4F:4F:42
4E:53:50:4F:4F:43
4E:53:50:4F:4F:44
4E:53:50:4F:4F:45
4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
x4E:53:50:4F:4F:47
4E:53:50:4F:4F:48
4E:53:50:4F:4F:49
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4A
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4B
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4C
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4D
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4E
4E:53:50:4F:4F:4F

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tun the check script, I didn'ask you conntent of nzone.macs :)
Sorry for the type it must be
maccheck.cmd "wifi connection name"

I apologize for the mixup.

Running the command spits out this blurb before shutting the command prompt:
U0L0x3r.png

Then it shuts down my wireless adapter and doesn't bring it back up.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I apologize for the mixup.

Running the command spits out this blurb before shutting the command prompt:
Then it shuts down my wireless adapter and doesn't bring it back up.

Just be patient it works for 3 minutes!
You must specify PHYSICAL WiFi adapter connection name, not the virtual one!

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just be patient it works for 3 minutes!

Very sorry, it's been longer than the three minutes and nothing has happened. Adapter is still offline, there is nothing to paste from my clipboard, and no new files have been generated in C:\ where the scripts are.

Are the results supposed to pop up anywhere in particular? The instructions on the guide for this portion weren't clear, and I'm very confused...

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Very sorry, it's been longer than the three minutes and nothing has happened. Adapter is still offline, there is nothing to paste from my clipboard, and no new files have been generated in C:\ where the scripts are.

Are the results supposed to pop up anywhere in particular? The instructions on the guide for this portion weren't clear, and I'm very confused...

You specified virtual AP connection name insted of physical one! Just use the physical wireless connection name.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

The check script must output the string like before but with the real WiFiadapter name, NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter in your case, and some additional driver info.
And then it will switch off and on wireless connection changing the MAC severla times outputting 2 to 4 lines of eight one-zero sequences with a decimal mask value at the end of each line.
And then the text description of the result.
There is only one possibility if youd wireless adapter driver do not come up with the not allowed mac address. In that case there is nothing you can do with the homepass MAC changing. You can however get a streetpass witn
NZ@McD1 ssid because unlike US with rare streetpass weekends, in Europe Nintendo seems to distribute streetpass relay data between all zones permanently.

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The check script must output the string like before but with the real WiFiadapter name, NETGEAR WNDA3100v2 N600 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter in your case, and some additional driver info.
And then it will switch off and on wireless connection changing the MAC severla times outputting 2 to 4 lines of eight one-zero sequences with a decimal mask value at the end of each line.
And then the text description of the result.
There is only one possibility if youd wireless adapter driver do not come up with the not allowed mac address. In that case there is nothing you can do with the homepass MAC changing. You can however get a streetpass witn
NZ@McD1 ssid because unlike US with rare streetpass weekends, in Europe Nintendo seems to distribute streetpass relay data between all zones permanently.

I managed to get it to display two lines of zero sequences, but no text description of the result came up. The command prompt just closed. :/

I'm not understanding why this is a problem now... I was able to cycle MACs and do HomePass just fine under the old system until the new firmware change...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: :shit: +1