Status
Not open for further replies.

txgnu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm in Russa using this ssid and get 50-80 SP in Pokemon in one night - this is not a joke. There is no difference for a streetpass relay from which country you are and even which region your console is - it just works and pokemon ORAS Demo page you just saw is only a sign that Internet is working with your connection - that is enough, no matter that it is not accessible further - Nintendo Zone and Streetpass Relay are different services. Moreover, with this SSID there is no need to set exactly the same hardwae MAC of the Nintendo Zone AP, Nintendo distributes streetpass between those SSIDs winth any MAC. But in case you have used attwifi SSID with your MAC, the cooldown was activated and you must wait for 8 hours or just change the MAC to another one.
ok but with attwifi no acess to NZ " error " no streetpass i have try many diffrent MAC

with NZ@McD1 i have acess to NZ " but blocked with german text no acess to NZ ! No streetpass i have try many different MAC

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
streetpass work for you ?
what ssid you use to streetpass ?

attwifi no longer work as Nintendo Zone, i.e. Nintendo Zone app do note detect it and do not launch, however connects and use internet and streetpass relay, but streetpasses notshared with different MACs and if AP is password protected it won't work a streetpass relay at all.
I'm using NZ@McD1 it works fine with any MACs. Yes, I have exactly the same in the Nintendo Zone application, and I already described you how it is suposed to work.
Check with anothe device if you actually changing the MAC. Try to set one of the PRIME MACs

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Intel(R) Centrino(R) wireless-N 2230 and from what I read intel does not allow mac spoofing. Is there an easy way to get around this?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a Intel(R) Centrino(R) wireless-N 2230 and from what I read intel does not allow mac spoofing. Is there an easy way to get around this?

Have you read that exactly your wireless adapter do not support MAC spoofing, or you heard just about Intel?

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the main website. http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-031081.htm

Also I can't find any options for it in my device manager. I have homepass working on an older computer but it has a different wifi adaptor.

Edit: is it also normal for a lot of mac addresses to not work or take a long time? I get about 1 every 3-4 after waiting 2-4 minutes. I think it always recognizes the nintendo zone.

Queno138

Ravens
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Got noob question here!

I got a Shiny Gengar Serial Code here,
and I'm wondering the following:

If I were to use my computer as an access point for the internet,
(for the use of the mystery gift),
is there any way to monitor which MAC address the 3DS communicates with,
So I can collect Gengars again from that mac, without serial code?

Or something along the lines that will reproduce that effect ><

FightingFerret

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got noob question here!

I got a Shiny Gengar Serial Code here,
and I'm wondering the following:

If I were to use my computer as an access point for the internet,
(for the use of the mystery gift),
is there any way to monitor which MAC address the 3DS communicates with,
So I can collect Gengars again from that mac, without serial code?

Or something along the lines that will reproduce that effect ><

You can only download one Gengar per serial code, and only one Gengar per savefile on your game, so that wouldn't work.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, It was too good to last, I guess. Modem replacement and the PoS one from Comcast doesn't allow my current router or repeater to work at all through it. (It has a built-in router I haven't been able to disable).

I'm about to just buy my own modem and take a hammer to this one but while I'm looking for my hammer I was wondering how to get at least something working.

Went from a 192.68 range to a 10.0.0 one. Suggestions?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
This is the main website. http://www.intel.com/support/wireless/wlan/sb/cs-031081.htm
Also I can't find any options for it in my device manager. I have homepass working on an older computer but it has a different wifi adaptor.
Just run
Code:
wmic nic list brief
Look for youd adapter in list and get the device id, then replace 0000 with the device id, keeping leading zeroes to form a 4-digit number and run
Code:
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000 /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d 020000000000 /f
Disable and enable wireless connection and then runonce more
Code:
wmic nic list brief
If wireless adapter MAC address did not changed, then your driver do not support MAC change and there is nothing you can do with that. However you can set SSID to NZ@McD1 and get 3 streetpasses per day.

CIH137

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just run
Code:
wmic nic list brief
Look for youd adapter in list and get the device id, then replace 0000 with the device id, keeping leading zeroes to form a 4-digit number and run
Code:
reg add HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E972-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}\0000 /v NetworkAddress /t REG_SZ /d 020000000000 /f
Disable and enable wireless connection and then runonce more
Code:
wmic nic list brief
If wireless adapter MAC address did not changed, then your driver do not support MAC change and there is nothing you can do with that. However you can set SSID to NZ@McD1 and get 3 streetpasses per day.

If I understand this correctly, my Mac address should be 4D:36:E9:72 now?

I put in the long code and it said it was successful. I clicked airplane mode waited a few seconds then switched wifi back. Then I ran the wifi list and had it had the same mac address.

syntrix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
WScript.Sleep(5000)
NetSh "start hostednetwork", True

This affects only the virtual AP start time, physical wireless interface is restarted as in the original script. If your HTPC using the same WiFi adapter as the main network connecton then it will toggle the network acccess in the same manner as before. There is no way to set the MAC of the adapter without restarting the interface. Please describe your device connection configuration first. also please provide the output from
Code:
wmic nic list brief | clip
the result will be in the clipboard, just paste in the post

My HTPC has a wired NIC it connects to the network with. The wireless interface is only used for homepass. I'm not looking to get any new functionality with your script, just the functionality I had using MACycle/macshift and Virtual Router :)

Here is the wmic output you requested:
AdapterType DeviceID MACAddress Name NetworkAddresses ServiceName Speed

0 WAN Miniport (SSTP) RasSstp

1 WAN Miniport (IKEv2) RasAgileVpn

2 WAN Miniport (L2TP) Rasl2tp

3 WAN Miniport (PPTP) PptpMiniport

4 WAN Miniport (PPPOE) RasPppoe

5 WAN Miniport (IPv6) NdisWan

6 WAN Miniport (Network Monitor) NdisWan

8 WAN Miniport (IP) NdisWan

9 Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)

Wide Area Network (WAN) 10 20:41:53:59:4E:FF RAS Async Adapter AsyncMac

Tunnel 11 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter tunnel 100000

Ethernet 802.3 12 D0:50:99:28:96:F2 Qualcomm Atheros AR8171/8175 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20) L1C 1000000000

Tunnel 13 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #2 tunnel 100000

Ethernet 802.3 14 4E:53:50:4F:4F:88 Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC RTWlanE 9223372036854775807

Tunnel 15 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter #3 tunnel 100000

Tunnel 16 Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface tunnel 100000

Ethernet 802.3 18 64:5A:04:6B:F2:DE Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network) #2 BthPan 0

Ethernet 802.3 19 4E:53:50:4F:4F:88 Microsoft Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter vwifimp 177000000

Tunnel 20 Microsoft ISATAP Adapter tunnel

and here's the output from your maccheck script, in case you want/need it:

D:\MACScript>maccheck Wi-Fi
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC,Wi-Fi,PCI\VEN_10EC&amp;DEV_8821&amp;SUBSYS_882110EC&amp;REV_00\4&amp;1FC8E566&amp;0&a
mp;00E7,RTWlanE
00000010 2
00000001 1
11111111 255
11111101 253
This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
If I understand this correctly, my Mac address should be 4D:36:E9:72 now?

I put in the long code and it said it was successful. I clicked airplane mode waited a few seconds then switched wifi back. Then I ran the wifi list and had it had the same mac address.

No, your wireless interfaca MAC address must be 02:00:00:00:00:00 aftere that commands.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Realtek Semiconductor Corp.,Realtek 8821AE Wireless LAN 802.11ac PCI-E NIC,Wi-Fi,PCI\VEN_10EC&amp;DEV_8821&amp;SUBSYS_882110EC&amp;REV_00\4&amp;1FC8E566&amp;0&a
mp;00E7,RTWlanE
00000010 2
00000001 1
11111111 255
11111101 253
This interface adapter driver can use unicast MAC [bit1=0], which is not a problem, and only local MAC [bit2=1], i.e. not hardware

This is the most common windows driver operation, my script gives only those allowed MACs for windows clients anyway, so you won't waste time changing to an unsupported MACs even if the list you choose contains it.
Please try to loweb the sleep time to 1000 ms. Please confirm that this only affects the virtual hosted AP, not the physical wireless connection. FightingFerret seems to have very similar issue but with the differend wireless adapter. I'll try to add a full hostap stop/disallow sequence and maybe this will resolve the issue.

txgnu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
attwifi no longer work as Nintendo Zone, i.e. Nintendo Zone app do note detect it and do not launch, however connects and use internet and streetpass relay, but streetpasses notshared with different MACs and if AP is password protected it won't work a streetpass relay at all.
I'm using NZ@McD1 it works fine with any MACs. Yes, I have exactly the same in the Nintendo Zone application, and I already described you how it is suposed to work.
Check with anothe device if you actually changing the MAC. Try to set one of the PRIME MACs

it does not work!

I check MAC address after you change and it seems to be good in the terminal but not in my system MAC address remains the same!

I run a wifi scanner on my smartphone and I find my SSID but with the original MAC address.
I StreetPass nothing

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
it does not work!
I check MAC address after you change and it seems to be good but I StreetPass nothing
Try with NintendoSpotPass1 SSID and with no password. Just set that ssid and change several MACS.
Maybe you have a DD-WRT compatible router, it will be easier to determine what's the problem with my script installe don router an cycling MACS.

txgnu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
already try

NOT Work !

SSID is working for NZ and i don't have message anymore like real NZ hotspot in my contry

but i don't understand why my spoof MAC Show me wrong info in terminal !?

sudo ifconfig en1 ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46
ifconfig en1 |grep ether

Terminal show me same MAC i have spoofed

I run a wifi scanner on my smartphone and I find my SSID but with the original MAC address.
same in System Preferences -> Network -> Wi-Fi, it always default original MAC address.

mac-address-mac.jpg

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
already try
NOT Work !
SSID is working for NZ and i don't have message anymore like real NZ hotspot in my contry
but i don't understand why my spoof MAC Show me wrong info in terminal !?
Terminal show me same MAC i have spoofed

Try
sudo ifconfig en1 down ether 4E:53:50:4F:4F:46 up
upd: oops, that won't work with BSD-style MAC OS ifconfig. But the only way to say if MAC was changed is to use another device with WiFi Scanner which shows the real mac of the AP

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Improved vbs script compatibility.
Also made a new MAC change check tool for Windows, would appreciate for test results. Some day NZ@McD1 may stop spreading spotpasses with no MAC lookup and several people may not be able to get a streetpass in Windows because the driver modifies the actual set MAC.

Just stop any the running streetpass, download the file http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/maccheck3.cmd , place it wherever you prefer (ex. c:\) and run from the command prompt like
Code:
c:\maccheck3.cmd
It will toggle WiFi on/off for several minutes. There is no verbal result in this version, only the numbers that I need to analyze

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, no more +1