Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

kovach

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.bagra.org
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
wiifiend said:
Step 1: Obtain a dvd9 rip of the game (I used the WIIZARD DVD9 SSBB release for this tutorial)
Step 2: Run wiiscrubber on the iso , this will result in only the first layer of the dual layer disk being turned into an iso that is 4.37GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

I just made a PPF patch that you can use to skip all the steps after 2.
Basically, you just run the iso through WiiScrubber, apply this ppf on the cut iso and burn.

It also takes care of the duplicate channels update and 001 error, so you shouldn't need to do anything else except maybe change the region with RegionFrii.

Download it here.

ArvinaLove

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where can i find this key.bin file? Plz pm me or reply
smile.gif
THANKS!

Mr.SHME

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
shineget said:
Did this last night, works fine on pal wiikey latest firmwares. i have to boot the game initially in 50hrz, turn off flicker and then reboot in 60hrz but i only need to do this once. same as i had to do for the jpn release.

Now I get an error when i complete The Subspace Emissary. as soon as i kill tabu (or whatever) i get a white screen with green writing that says "an error has occurred, please eject the disk power off the console. refer to manual for more information." or something like that.
Same problem. The credits are prob cut out and it can;t find them.

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
kovach said:
wiifiend said:
Step 1: Obtain a dvd9 rip of the game (I used the WIIZARD DVD9 SSBB release for this tutorial)
Step 2: Run wiiscrubber on the iso , this will result in only the first layer of the dual layer disk being turned into an iso that is 4.37GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

Basically, you just run the iso through WiiScrubber, apply this ppf on the cut iso and burn.

It also takes care of the duplicate channels update and 001 error, so you shouldn't need to do anything else except maybe change the region with RegionFrii.

Download it here.

Rats! You beat me to it. I had a 9mb xdelta patch ready for this too. Mine covers all steps, but doesnt remove update and doesnt patch for 001 error though.

I was even making a nice info where I thank my family...
tongue.gif

I'll post my "Tested on" section for the thread. Thanks again, wiifriend!

-- Tested successfully 15min in Subspace Emissary mode and one wifi online battle using
the following:

wiikey 1.9g, shortwire install
ntsc wii, 3.2u firmware, 480p mode
olevia 32" LCD hdtv
ssmb options: all at default: deflicker: (off)
sony dvd-r, ver 2.1, burned at 4x
burner info (from imgburn): "hl-dt-st dvdrrw gwa-4166b 1I24"

r0tten1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@ wiifiend: THANK YOU, after 2 DL discs, and 4 DVD-Rs, I finally got a working DVD5 copy. Confirmed working on Wiifree if anyone cares. Gonna make a few backup copies case this one craps out sometime down the line.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

m45t3r

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Works perfectily with my Wii NTSC-U 3.2U DMS with crappy Wiican modchip. I disabled the drive check too. I finished the first level of SS emissary and works perfect.

Thanks^^...

superthamtu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

Download it here.
It seems that i can't download from rapidshare >.> Can you upload it on mediafire.com or filefront please
smile.gif

Great thanks for your effort.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I followed the steps, but my game keeps crapping out in Classic mode during the battle vs. Dedede. Bad media? Did I miss replacing a file?

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I just missed a file while replacing but after beating SSE, it gives me the green screen of death.
I assume the final movie file wasn't replaced on my end.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
WiiScrubber makes an image that is 4,435,083,264 bytes, is that why it doesn't work? How do I get it to 4,699,979,776 bytes?

Posts merged

Also, my DVD9 iso is 8,511,160,320 bytes

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
green screen after SSE for me too, i think we are missing a file somewhere, or this method wont let you beat SSE/get sonic!!

Arct1c

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did the wii scrub with the ppf patch and the disk isent even being read.

NTSC wii @ 3.2u
1.9g wiikey
verbatim -r dvd media

region override on

was playing japanese single layer fine for a month

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Arct1c said:
i did the wii scrub with the ppf patch and the disk isent even being read.

NTSC wii @ 3.2u
1.9g wiikey
verbatim -r dvd media

region override on

was playing japanese single layer fine for a month

Same situation for me

abc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I uploaded a dvd9 -> dvd5 patch I made. It only follows steps from this tutorial. It doesn't remove the update or fix the 001 drive error. The patch uses a cmd line program called xdelta. I used this as someone earlier reported that makepppf wasnt working right. See the readme for the cmd line to use to re-create the dvd5 iso.

Update: this patch does not include the SSE ending fix, sora_ending replacement file.

The download is 9mb.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0ptns1mvw4g

-- Tested successfully 60min in Subspace Emissary mode and one wifi online battle using
the following:

wiikey 1.9g, shortwire install
ntsc wii, 3.2u firmware; 480p ws and 480i 4:3 mode
olevia 32" LCD hdtv
ssmb options: all at default: deflicker: (off)
sony dvd-r, ver 2.1, burned at 4x
burner info (from imgburn): "hl-dt-st dvdrrw gwa-4166b 1I24"

-- MD5's of isos involved (obtained using OpenSSL 0.9.7e, WinXP, 32bit):
ssbb.iso (WIIZARD dvd9): a3529d34e5afbe43ac948df0770b0a02
sssb_dvd5.iso: 105cbd3ce534ce5baf8e5d3ecff31ccb

Note that these md5s do not match those of previous posters. I cannot account for that. I was very careful in
replacing the files, but I have not finished Subspace mode with this iso, so I have to admit the possibility exists
that a mistake was made.

---

I hope you all find it useful. I have really enjoyed reading all the SSBB posts recently. If the patch/iso works for you, I'd love to hear about it.

--

Thanks so much to wiifriend & nehe32 for the dvd5 rip of this. You guys saved me $50 on disks.

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fix for green screen upon completing sse

hello I need a few folks to test this fix out for the green screen upon completing sse heres the link for the download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?jzbwm3mx3mz

All the other steps are the same as in the tutorial on page 1 of http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029

Exept in step 4 also replace this modified file to the folder specified in step 4 of this tutorial : sora_adv_menu_ending.rel

Step 4: Then navigate to the folder ROOT and then the subfolder module and replace the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel with the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel file provided. Then in the same folder replace the sora_menu_title.rel with the sora_menu_title.rel file provided.**Finally replace the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel with the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel file provided.

**new step

And it should not "green screen" upon completing the SSE mode.

Let me know if it fixes the green screen , thanks in advance.

(After all these minor dvd5 bugs get worked out will update with a v2 dvd5 ssbb mod kit lol.)

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abc99 said:
-- MD5's of isos involved (obtained using OpenSSL 0.9.7e, WinXP, 32bit):
ssbb.iso (WIIZARD dvd9): a3529d34e5afbe43ac948df0770b0a02
sssb_dvd5.iso: 105cbd3ce534ce5baf8e5d3ecff31ccb

Note that these md5s do not match those of previous posters. I cannot account for that. I was very careful in
replacing the files, but I have not finished Subspace mode with this iso, so I have to admit the possibility exists
that a mistake was made.

Hmmm the first problem I see is that your ssbb.iso MD5 doesn't match mine which is d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087
I thought at first that maybe OpenSSL did it differently but I confirmed and got the same results that matched the MD5 GUI program I ran. Did you by some chance modify your DVD9?

This would explain why your final checksum doesn't match anyone else. I'm guessing if your starting image doesn't match other people's then the patch you're providing won't work?

I guess to make this complete here are the MD5 of all 3 images:

d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087 *ssbbdvd9.iso
e56e8a51148e711996bd9ffc4e779244 *ssbb(scrub).iso
a48e89fdccd65bf1f90e141436ebd354 *ssbbdvd5.iso

shyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
wiifiend said:

hello I need a few folks to test this fix out for the green screen upon completing sse heres the link for the download:

All the other steps are the same as in the tutorial on page 1 of http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=78029

Exept in step 4 also replace this modified file to the folder specified in step 4 of this tutorial : sora_adv_menu_ending.rel

Step 4: Then navigate to the folder ROOT and then the subfolder module and replace the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel with the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel file provided. Then in the same folder replace the sora_menu_title.rel with the sora_menu_title.rel file provided.**Finally replace the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel with the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel file provided.

**new step

(After all these minor dvd5 bugs get worked out will update with a v2 dvd5 ssbb mod kit lol.)

does this take care of classic mode ending, too? someone with almost complete sse test this please.

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiifiend said:

**new step

Can someone that has already grabbed the file mirror it on rapidshare/megaupload or some other alternative. Mediafire site is currently under maintenance of some sort

cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto