Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Making a fully working (minus the movies) dvd5 version of Super Smash Bros. Brawl Ntsc USA , including fully playable subspace emissary,classic mode and 3.2u update.

Update: 3/24/08 Been Busy... Here is an easy patching method just wiiscrubb your disk and apply this ppf patch
Heres vv_'s 2nd ftb.bin (also credits to abc99 for making the patch)
ppf patch here:
http://rapidshare.com/files/99581204/ssbb_...ch_2.1.rar.html

Old Method
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Step 1: Obtain a dvd9 rip of the game (I used the WIIZARD DVD9 SSBB release for this tutorial)

Step 2: Run wiiscrubber on the iso , this will result in only the first layer of the dual layer disk being turned into an iso that is 4.37GB (4,699,979,776 bytes)

Download Link: SSBB DVD5 MOD v1.1
(***updated 03/13/08; v1.1 includes the #001 error fix and fixes the "green screen" crash upon completing SSE***)

Step 3: Open the wiiscrubbed ISO with trucha signer and navigate to partition
(RSBE01) In the SYSFILES folder replace the main.dol with the main.dol file provided.

Step 4: Then navigate to the folder ROOT and then the subfolder module and replace the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel with the sora_menu_simple_ending.rel file provided. Then in the same folder replace the sora_menu_title.rel with the sora_menu_title.rel file provided. Finally replace the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel with the sora_adv_menu_ending.rel file provided.

Step 5: Navigate to the the ROOT/movie/param/us subfolder and replace each file (118 total) with the files provided to you in the (us) folder. You have to replace these one at a time so it will take a few minutes. Just take your time and make sure you replace them all.

Step 6: Right click on the partition (RSBE01) and trucha sign it!

Step 7: Close trucha signer and burn with imgburn at 4x (at least thats what I burn all my dvd's at)

dvd9 (original)iso md5 checksum: d18726e6dfdc8bdbdad540b561051087
dvd5 (modded) with v1.1 mod md5 checksum: c7ce418f409673f3fb1209f1c098e958

Note:When playing the subspace emissary just skip the movies so you dont have to watch the same movie over and over again.

***props to nehe32 and others for there work on the jp dvd5 version of the game***

Tell me how this works for you all.

wiifiend

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your on a pal system you will need to do a method to block the 3.2u ntsc usa update because I have it working on this dvd5 modified version.

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Replacing all theses pac files sure isn't fun.

Is there really a need to wiiscrub? I thought wiiscrub only changes compression and in addition it also has trouble with dual layer?

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only use wiiscruber because it gets rid of the second layer of the iso, and it will be easy for people who use the tutorial to use.

Yes replacing all those files isnt fun. But some people; like people with older argon firmware that dont support dual layer disk will go to great lengths to get there backup working. Also people who dont have access to a dual layer burner or cant get there dl backups to run will find this useful.

Reckless

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for someone to create a ppf which does the job? Would be sweet

Also I am now on 3.1E and have double channels two times from metroid prime full update and SSBB full update. If I update to 3.2E and run the update which is on the SSBB USA disc will I get the channels another time?

RyuKakashi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiifiend said:
I only use wiiscruber because it gets rid of the second layer of the iso, and it will be easy for people who use the tutorial to use.

Yes replacing all those files isnt fun. But some people; like people with older argon firmware that dont support dual layer disk will go to great lengths to get there backup working.

Yeap that's me. Burning the wiiscrubed and replaced files iso now.
I really should just update my yaosm
wink.gif

Thanks for the tutorial.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wiifiend said:

Yes replacing all those files isnt fun. But some people; like people with older argon firmware that dont support dual layer disk will go to great lengths to get there backup working. Also people who dont have access to a dual layer burner or cant get there dl backups to run will find this useful.

I don't understand though. If you get rid of the second layer using wiiscrubber then how is SSE still intact?

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The second layer of the dvd9 ssbb disk just have movies on it , wiiscrubber will cut that second layer off, then the files I have you replace relinks the movies with the intro movie to subspace emissary so that the wii will play that movie in place of other movies. Which bypasses the need for the second layer of the disk.

Sperion

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thnx gona try it tonight ^^,

btw isnt it posible to downgrade the movies and music to fit it al on a single layer? just a thought..

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You would need an account that allows posting binaries to newsgroups from a newshost such as giganews ect. Thats beyond the scope of this tutorial hehe...

But I would love to know how peoples results are ive tested my dvd5 burn fairly thoughly and besides having having the same movie over and over it works flawless (which you can skip past) , hell I usually skip past the movie scenes in games anyways lol.

Nice how quick people are to start burning i literally just made this post not even an hour ago lol. I see im not the only wiifiend. lol

Posts merged

jaxxster what speed did you burn at and what burning program. Also make sure you changed all the files I included. DRE is usually caused by a bad burn.

wiifiend

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm jaxxxter sounds like a bad burn still? maybe your media maybe your burn speed? im not sure , i have no lag on mine whatsoever. At least your not getting DRE now lol, What type of media are you using and what speed are you burning at? and are you using imgburn? choppy/laggy video gameplay has to be from a burn issue. I burn mine at 4x with imgburn and close all other programs i have running when i burn disk and never have that problem. Also what firmware is your wii running?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...