Hacking How to create dvd5 SSBB NTSC-USA with fully playable SS emissary.

jboy41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read the instructions thoroughly and searched but I'm having trouble getting my Wiizard file to shrink to 4.7 gb. I verified I have the proper file and ran wiiscrubber. Then took that image and "added to archive" with winrar making it a .rar file. Then when I extract that file it is still like 7 gb and change.

What am I missing here? It seems like it should be really easy. Here is a screenshot of what I see before I hit scrub. Am I supposed to remove partitions from this first?

Thanks

wiiscrubber.jpg

bbman233615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jboy41 you have to use wiiscrubber 1.0a, which only use the first layer of the disc. The above version won't work. I just made one by myself, i going to upload it this week, if anyone would like to have it...

jboy41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks that explains a lot!

i was having problems getting my computer to open wiiscrubber 1.0a saying it could not find the path specified and AVG was saying it was a trojan (obviously isn't) so I clicked ignore.

Solution was to turn AVG off and it opened up with no problem.

jboy41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to make the ssbb DVD5 iso with the matching md5 from the Wiizard dvd9, but i'm having problems getting it to play. I used the ppf method

I have Wii software 3.3u and had twilight hacked it. HBC says I am running IOS36. Also, I have installed two different versions of Gecko OS and get both get a "no DVD" error when I try to boot up my disc on either of the two.

Any suggestions? Thanks

Matt93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This method did not work with my own homeade DVD9 rip of SSBB. I guess it only does with the WIIZARD DVD9 release. So I had to download a pre-made DVD5.

bbman233615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jboy41 said:
I was able to make the ssbb DVD5 iso with the matching md5 from the Wiizard dvd9, but i'm having problems getting it to play. I used the ppf method

I have Wii software 3.3u and had twilight hacked it. HBC says I am running IOS36. Also, I have installed two different versions of Gecko OS and get both get a "no DVD" error when I try to boot up my disc on either of the two.

Any suggestions? Thanks
do you have a mod chip? if not, you might have to downgrade to 3.2
Gecko OS won't work on backup launcher ...

jboy41

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No I don't have a modchip. Sorry I'm new to this and I've been looking all over for information. Gecko OS only works if you have a modchip?

Correct me if I'm wrong. If I don't have a modchip, then Backup Launcher is what I should use to launch games. And because I have 3.3u I need to downgrade if I want to use trucha signed games.

bbman233615

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jboy41 said:
No I don't have a modchip. Sorry I'm new to this and I've been looking all over for information. Gecko OS only works if you have a modchip?

Correct me if I'm wrong. If I don't have a modchip, then Backup Launcher is what I should use to launch games. And because I have 3.3u I need to downgrade if I want to use trucha signed games.
"If I don't have a modchip, then Backup Launcher is what I should use to launch games. And because I have 3.3u I need to downgrade if I want to use trucha signed games."
Yes
I am new too, i not sure, but i heard that Gecko OS won't work on backup launcher( google it" No dvd error on Gecko OS")
I guess you need to downgrade...

Icefrio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm fairly new it this. If I managed to get myself a dual-layered DVD-R+, will IMG burn allow me to burn the full, regular ISO to the disk? Will it even run?

And let's say that instead, I patch my iso to work on a 4.7GB DVD-R+, will I be able to use the GeckoOS function with the Wiigator backup launcher to run codes for the game?

If not that, would I at least be able to hack the iso and put my textures and other such things into the iso, or will that run the risk of exceeding the iso's capabilities?

Thanks to whoever can answer!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte