Hacking How do I change default rosalina menu combo

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know how to change the combo temporatily (Rosalina Menu > Misc. > Change button combo)
but if you reset your console it resets. I was wondering is there is a way to make the button combo stay changed through console reboots.
Thanks!!

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
I know how to change the combo temporatily (Rosalina Menu > Misc. > Change button combo)
but if you reset your console it resets. I was wondering is there is a way to make the button combo stay changed through console reboots.
Thanks!!

Hello.:)

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Rosalina

Rosalina menu
Rosalina has an easily accessible menu, triggered by pressing L+Down+Select (by default; the key combo trigger can be changed in the Miscellaneous options menu). Many features are available from this menu:

• New 3DS menu: Allows you to enable/disable the higher clock speed and extra L2 cache available on the New 3DS/2DS even in games that would not normally support it.
    • Note: Some games don't work with the extra L2/clock speed and may freeze or crash. You can enable the clock increase and extra L2 cache independent of each other, so if you run into issues try disabling one or both.
  • Cheats: A built-in cheat engine supporting Gateshark-style cheats. Please see the dedicated Cheat Engine page for more information.
  • Process List: A list of running processes. Used as a selection menu for the RAM viewer/editor and when selecting a process to attach to the debugger, if it's enabled.
    • RAM viewer: By selecting a process in the Process List, you can view/edit its RAM. Note that some processes are heapless and thus the L/R heap/code switcher will not show for them.
  • Take screenshot (slow!): As the name implies, this takes a screenshot and saves it to /luma/screenshots.
  • Debugger options: Allows for enabling/disabling the built-in GDB stub.
  • System configuration: Options to modify the system state.
    • Toggle LEDs: The power and WiFi LEDs can be toggled on/off in this menu by pressing A.
      • Note: Entering sleep mode will reset the LED state, and the power LED state cannot be changed when the battery is low.
    • Toggle Wireless: Allows you to toggle the wireless connection on/off without flipping the hardware switch (older 3DSes) or returning to the Home Menu (newer 3DSes).
  • Miscellaneous options: A sub-menu containing the misc/various options not suited for any other menu.
    • Switch the hb. title to the current app: Detailed above, switches the takeover title to the currently running application. Will change to Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader if a takeover title is already selected.
    • Change the menu combo: Allows you to change the key combination that triggers the Rosalina menu to whatever you'd like. To do this, select this option and then press and hold the keys you'd like to set as the combination.
    • Start InputRedirection: Enables/disables InputRedirection, detailed above.
    • Save settings: Saves the Rosalina key combo and takeover title to Luma's config.bin, allowing custom choices to persist through reboots.
  • Power off: Powers the system off, bypassing the "Return to Home Menu" page that pressing the power button would show.
  • Reboot: Restarts the system.
  • Battery percentage: Remaining battery percentage is displayed in the bottom right of the menu.
  • Version info: The Luma3DS version and commit hash is displayed in the bottom left of the menu.
Thank you.:)

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello.:)

https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/wiki/Rosalina

Rosalina menu
Rosalina has an easily accessible menu, triggered by pressing L+Down+Select (by default; the key combo trigger can be changed in the Miscellaneous options menu). Many features are available from this menu:

• New 3DS menu: Allows you to enable/disable the higher clock speed and extra L2 cache available on the New 3DS/2DS even in games that would not normally support it.
    • Note: Some games don't work with the extra L2/clock speed and may freeze or crash. You can enable the clock increase and extra L2 cache independent of each other, so if you run into issues try disabling one or both.
  • Cheats: A built-in cheat engine supporting Gateshark-style cheats. Please see the dedicated Cheat Engine page for more information.
  • Process List: A list of running processes. Used as a selection menu for the RAM viewer/editor and when selecting a process to attach to the debugger, if it's enabled.
    • RAM viewer: By selecting a process in the Process List, you can view/edit its RAM. Note that some processes are heapless and thus the L/R heap/code switcher will not show for them.
  • Take screenshot (slow!): As the name implies, this takes a screenshot and saves it to /luma/screenshots.
  • Debugger options: Allows for enabling/disabling the built-in GDB stub.
  • System configuration: Options to modify the system state.
    • Toggle LEDs: The power and WiFi LEDs can be toggled on/off in this menu by pressing A.
      • Note: Entering sleep mode will reset the LED state, and the power LED state cannot be changed when the battery is low.
    • Toggle Wireless: Allows you to toggle the wireless connection on/off without flipping the hardware switch (older 3DSes) or returning to the Home Menu (newer 3DSes).
  • Miscellaneous options: A sub-menu containing the misc/various options not suited for any other menu.
    • Switch the hb. title to the current app: Detailed above, switches the takeover title to the currently running application. Will change to Switch the hb. title to hblauncher_loader if a takeover title is already selected.
    • Change the menu combo: Allows you to change the key combination that triggers the Rosalina menu to whatever you'd like. To do this, select this option and then press and hold the keys you'd like to set as the combination.
    • Start InputRedirection: Enables/disables InputRedirection, detailed above.
    • Save settings: Saves the Rosalina key combo and takeover title to Luma's config.bin, allowing custom choices to persist through reboots.
  • Power off: Powers the system off, bypassing the "Return to Home Menu" page that pressing the power button would show.
  • Reboot: Restarts the system.
  • Battery percentage: Remaining battery percentage is displayed in the bottom right of the menu.
  • Version info: The Luma3DS version and commit hash is displayed in the bottom left of the menu.
yes, but changing the combonation is not permenant.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
yes, but changing the combonation is not permenant.

Then you have another Issue.:(
This works fine:

P1360263.JPG P1360264.JPG P1360265.JPG P1360266.JPG

Please do not forget to SAVE SETTINGS.

Which Luma Version did you have on your 3DS please ?

Parax342

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro