Hardware Homebrew How does rosalina's menu know the temperature of the 3DS?

Ghegghi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Today I asked myself: but how does Rosalina's menu know the precise temperature of the 3ds? Because as far as I know it doesn't have a temperature sensor installed in the hardware so I have no idea how it does it. So I was just curious if anyone wanted to reply to me.

Sono

cripple piss
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Today I asked myself: but how does Rosalina's menu know the precise temperature of the 3ds? Because as far as I know it doesn't have a temperature sensor installed in the hardware so I have no idea how it does it. So I was just curious if anyone wanted to reply to me.

There are actually two temperature sensors, but I haven't seen or heard anyone use it.
Edit: I did actually use these, but they are extremely inaccurate, both in resolution (I barely get ~1.8C resolution), and in temperature measurement (it's sometimes off by like 20C).

As for the battery, there should be a thermistor inside of it, and the MCU can read that, processes it, and then Luma reads this processed value.

Last edited by Sono,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...