How to find battery level when playing GBA VC

j120h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am playing some GBA games created using VC inject on a CFW 3DS. I understand the home menu and ordinary 3DS functions are inaccessible while in this mode. Is there any way to view my battery level? It's uncomfortable to have no idea if my 3DS is about to die! The only suggestion I could find was the Rosalina menu (L + Down + Select) but this doesn't work in GBA mode.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No, there’s no way of knowing. Any function of the 3DS that would read the battery is inactive like you said, so you just have to live with the uncertainty I’m afraid.

j120h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, there’s no way of knowing. Any function of the 3DS that would read the battery is inactive like you said, so you just have to live with the uncertainty I’m afraid.
That's too bad. I'll just have to be vigilant about charging. Thank you for taking the time to reply.

Maximumbeans

3DS is love, 3DS is life
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That's too bad. I'll just have to be vigilant about charging. Thank you for taking the time to reply.
No problem. The only thing I can suggest is maybe making a note of your charge at at any given point, playing a GBA title for 15 minutes, then checking again to get a rough idea of the rate it depletes your battery. Might help you keep an estimate.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The battery light should still be an indicator/warning. Depending on your brightness, power save setting, and battery health you should still have time to save and turn off once the light turns red.

Reactions: The Real Jdbye

burningup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am playing some GBA games created using VC inject on a CFW 3DS. I understand the home menu and ordinary 3DS functions are inaccessible while in this mode. Is there any way to view my battery level? It's uncomfortable to have no idea if my 3DS is about to die! The only suggestion I could find was the Rosalina menu (L + Down + Select) but this doesn't work in GBA mode.
I’m afraid GBA mode is completely seperate from the actual 3DS OS which is why it takes that long to get there, it has to reboot into said mode

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The power LED should still turn red when your battery is low. That gives you plenty of time to save, or plug in a charger.

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
That's actually not true. 3DS mode hardware is still running but they decided not to show the battery level even if you press HOME for unknown reasons.

j120h

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you to those who suggested the battery LED, that's a good point. It's too bad Nintendo omitted what seems like an easy feature to include...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto