How Can I sync a Japanese Gamepad with an American Wii U?

sn00keroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I am a bit of a noob here, but I have been searching around, and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem.
My goal is to pair my japanese gamepad with my NA wii U. I have found some threads of people using something called "wii-u-kiosk-menu-on-system-nand" which I believe enables the kiosk menu on a retail Wii U. However, as far as I can tell, the download link to this tool is gone, and the channel of the creator is deleted. This tool seems to be the simplest solution for my problem.

I have also found some people using something called "system config tool" to do it, but I cannot find this software. Along with this, I am not entirely sure if it is a homebrew app, an app i would install to my system nand, or something else.

Third of all, I have seen a tool called "UDPIH" used to pair gamepads with systems out of their region, but this seems less than Ideal for me, as I think that the tool requires a raspberry pi pico, which I do not have.

any help with my predicament would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you all in advance for any tips, ideas, or info you may have.

lufeig

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
trigger udpih recovery menu on boot and choose option pair gamepad.

the process itself takes only a few seconds.

I used a modchipped Nintendo Switch to use udpih on Wii U, but there are other devices you could use too. search the respective thread here on gbatemp, all the instructions and details are there.
Post automatically merged:

AFAIK there are ready-to-use udpih files for rpi pico, rpi zero and Nintendo switch.

but technically you could use a rpi four, android phone or any Linux based machine.

Last edited by lufeig,

sn00keroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SCT is a bit dangerous, esp for n00bs. Better to use [link removed] (it's just needed for the initial pairing, after that you can use Tiramisu or stock firmware or whatever).
So I am trying this, but I am not exactly sure how to get this file from the github. It says I need to put certain files in certain places on my SD card but I am not sure where to get said files. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

sn00keroo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I am a bit of a noob here, but I have been searching around, and I cannot seem to find an answer to my problem.
My goal is to pair my japanese gamepad with my NA wii U. I have found some threads of people using something called "wii-u-kiosk-menu-on-system-nand" which I believe enables the kiosk menu on a retail Wii U. However, as far as I can tell, the download link to this tool is gone, and the channel of the creator is deleted. This tool seems to be the simplest solution for my problem.

I have also found some people using something called "system config tool" to do it, but I cannot find this software. Along with this, I am not entirely sure if it is a homebrew app, an app i would install to my system nand, or something else.

Third of all, I have seen a tool called "UDPIH" used to pair gamepads with systems out of their region, but this seems less than Ideal for me, as I think that the tool requires a raspberry pi pico, which I do not have.

any help with my predicament would be GREATLY appreciated! thank you all in advance for any tips, ideas, or info you may have.
I managed to get it working by downloading aroma CFW, using the region free gamepad plugin, pairing my gamepad while in aroma, and now the gamepad works constantly. Thank you all! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto