How can I 100% kill my ipod touch in order to return it

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Renegade_R said:
Everytime someone calls an iPod Touch an iTouch, god kills 6 kittens.
And every time someone makes a useless post like that a dozen people more intelligent than you injure themselves from a head desk.

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To add one more reason it's better:
Just the simple fact that if you can't figure it out or if you manage break it within the first year of ownership (or 3 years under Applecare), you can walk into any Apple store and they will help you out/fix it/replace it without a second thought as long as it is within warranty or under Applecare (if you were smart enough to purchase it). That shit is priceless right there. Also, the line of ipods and itunes works flawlessly if you own a Mac. Windows version of itunes is just not the same. Sorry guys.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
If you want to actually break it beyond repair, you can just microwave it for one second.

ph34r.gif

Pizzaroo

douchebag
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried out a zune yet, but I have an iPhone 3G and I love it, except for the fact that I have to completely force-restore it after downloading an app from the mobile app store (a bug that will probably never be fixed).
wub.gif
hate2.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Urza said:
Strongbad007 said:
Urza said:
Strongbad007 said:
Why not return it after day one and buy a zune?
I imagine he would want something good instead.
That's why he would buy a Zune. The superior Mp3 player. Prove me wrong.
Well, off the top of my head, the iPod Touch has...

Less weight
superior controls
a larger screen
a smaller form factor
a keyboard
a much more powerful processor
a web browser
decent games
all the major IM clients
IRC clients
a fully featured calendar app
VNC clients
RDP clients
PDF/Word/Powerpoint/Palm/Excel/txt/etc viewers
Fully-featured ebook readers
RSS clients
File system browsers
An SSH client
An SSH server
Theme support
An email client
A usable scientific calculator
Text editors
A YouTube viewer and downloader
Remotes for iTunes, Winamp, and foobar
etc

EDIT: Granted, the iTouch is not the end all be all device, as there are many other devices that offer much of this functionality. My point is that the Zune is a trendy piece of shit compared to anything useful.
You're right, the iPod touch does have all that stuff, but I fail to see how that makes it a better Mp3 player than the Zune. All those features mean nothing if you're looking for a good Mp3 player.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Strongbad007 said:
Urza said:
Strongbad007 said:
Urza said:
Strongbad007 said:
Well, off the top of my head, the iPod Touch has...

Less weight
superior controls
a larger screen
a smaller form factor
a keyboard
a much more powerful processor
a web browser
decent games
all the major IM clients
IRC clients
a fully featured calendar app
VNC clients
RDP clients
PDF/Word/Powerpoint/Palm/Excel/txt/etc viewers
Fully-featured ebook readers
RSS clients
File system browsers
An SSH client
An SSH server
Theme support
An email client
A usable scientific calculator
Text editors
A YouTube viewer and downloader
Remotes for iTunes, Winamp, and foobar
etc

EDIT: Granted, the iTouch is not the end all be all device, as there are many other devices that offer much of this functionality. My point is that the Zune is a trendy piece of shit compared to anything useful.
You're right, the iPod touch does have all that stuff, but I fail to see how that makes it a better Mp3 player than the Zune. All those features mean nothing if you're looking for a good Mp3 player.

So give me a list of all the features that make the Zune a better MP3 player.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I just like the Zune for the capacity, and the firmwares. It at least does what it's supposed to do right. I don't really need the features of the Ipod touch THAT badly, since I'm only using a Mp3 for music and videos.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strongbad007 said:
If I want to waste my money on something to only play mp3s, I'm going to choose something that's much less bulky and has better sound quality than a Zune.

Sansa's e200 series, for example.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I will add here is restore the itouch to its original un jail broken state and return it to the store etc and claim its NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE and demand your replacement under the SALE OF GOODS ACT! Tell them you KNOW YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS and its with the store and not with the manufacture as your contract is WITH THE STORE!... ie it does not do what you want it to do under the sale of goods act there is a grey area that states that you can return goods that are not fit for purpose and whats stated as in a REASONABLE time even after the usual 14 Day cooling off period or limited amount of time to return said items!

be firm with your argument and challenge them with the information you was sold the ITEM under FALSE pretense that it was something you wanted but was advised wrongly by one of their staff but cannot for the life of you remember which one it was when you inquired!

keep feeding them that you know the SALE OF GOODS ACT and what your rights are (look it up if you need too)

but this is the basics of it ..

QUOTE said:
1) Wherever goods are bought they must "conform to contract". This means they must be as described

( feed them the line that they didn't describe it to you that it wasn't what you wanted they basically spun you a lie to sell it to you)

2)as mentioned above ....

It is the seller, not the manufacturer, who is responsible if goods do not conform to contract.

3) • If goods do not conform to contract at the time of sale, purchasers can request their money back "within a reasonable time". (This is not defined and will depend on circumstances)

4) For up to six years after purchase purchasers can demand damages (which a court would equate to the cost of a repair or replacement).

note these are for UK SALE OF GOODS ACT but I'm sure a lot of them APPLY globally if you check for your own SALE of goods act I'm sure they are similar
wink.gif

just don't take NO for an answer
smile.gif

Dwight

Gawb. Gawb Bluth.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@whoever is bitching about Zune's sucking
More memory, better interface, wireless syncing, default headphones kick ass (doesn't really matter, but still).
Also it looks sexy.

S

ScuberSteve

Strongbad007 said:
@whoever is bitching about Zune's sucking
More memory WRONG
better interface opinion based
wireless syncing as does the iPod touch
default headphones kick ass (doesn't really matter, but still). No they don't
Also it looks sexy. also opinion based

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dib said:
Strongbad007 said:
Urza said:
Strongbad007 said:
Okay.

The Zune is another Microsoft entry to a market where nobody requested their presence, and only after some other company has established it: by innovating all the ideas, finding an audience, raising awareness, advertising+hyping it, and fine tuning the product over multiple iterations based upon customer feedback and analysis. Then along comes MS, rips off all the ideas and claims them as their own, sticking users with inferior product and/or software, leading to a shoddy end experience under the MS branding which detours from where the inventions were headed and generally just raises more anti MS ire and pisses people off so that ultimately you get some douchebag on a random internet forum saying "Zune is the superior mp3 player, prove me wrong". How am I doing so far?
are you saying that the ipod was original in it's gui? isn't it true that apple has paid creative to use portions of the zen gui? if you look at the zune's interface, it looks NOTHING like the ipod's. what ideas has microsft ripped off when they constructed their digital audio player? do you mean that apple totally ripped off the first rio players because they were first able to play mp3? also, how is it stealing to look at the mistakes that competitors have done to improve your own player? microsoft has improved their player from the first iteration of the zune to something that has an incredible gui and features comparable to those of equal apple offerings (clickwheel based ipods).

im not saying that apple hasn't done well, it's just that microsoft has done very well too.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, let me say:

1. You should have bought a decent DMP in the first place (READ: Not iPod or Zune Also Read: Something with some decent codec support).

2. It would technically void any warranty you have if you bricked it on purpose were they to somehow find out.

Phillyman

Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
Dont have time to read all the replies, but you could buy some super strong magnets off Ebay to screw up the harddrive. Or you can do the 9 Volt trick where you short circuit the mobo....you will need a guitar pick to open the Ipod without it looking like you did.

Working for Bestbuy for 4 years as a tech taught me these things
smile.gif

Baroque Obama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Law said:
So give me a list of all the features that make the Zune a better MP3 player.

i would not say that the zune is a better mp3 player compared to the ipod. instead i would say that the zune is an equivalent to the click wheel based ipod. the rest is just opinion.

they both offer proprietary lossless codecs.

they both offer good headphone out quality. (i personally like the zune 80 quality better, but thats merely opinion)

they both offer easy to use interfaces.

one thing that the zune has that the ipod doesn't is the FM tuner. although you might not like it, you cannot discount other people's opinions as well.

they both have very similar codec compatability.

the squircle is absolutely brilliant. the ability to use either a touch based interface (not the screen but on the squircle) or a tactile interface is awesome.

although you might disagree, i find that the current iteration of the zune computer software is just fine.

S

ScuberSteve

Phillyman said:
you could buy some super strong magnets off Ebay to screw up the harddrive.
It's an iPod touch, they don't use hard drives. And since you were such an awesome tech, you'd know flash memory isn't effected much by magnets
smile.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's against everything I've done until this point, but seeing the new ipod touch and the new prices, I'm very tempted to buy it....

And buy myself a good portable amp, and an IEM while at it....

EDIT: Also, the Zunes' default earphones are FAR superior compared to the ipod ones. The Ipod ones are terrible in most of the aspect, but the Zune's is an IEM, and with some burn-in, it's excellent.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying