How can I manually back-up and restore a Switch's SD File emuMMC???

IScrewedUp

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi All;

I borked my Switches' eMMC and don't have a back-up, so now I can only use the installed CFW.

The emuMMC is an SD File (not a partition). It's too large to back-up, as it now contains a bunch of games.

So I don't totally mess it up: How can I manually back-up and restore the important bits of the SD File emuMMC???

Optional Read:
How I Screwed Up:

I'm my family's I.T. Support (because COBOL). So, my cousin asked me to jailbreak his Switch. It went well, and I had so much fun with it, that I bought myself a Switch off e-Bay.

My Switch was doing OK for a while. Until... every time I woke it up, it would process thousands of phantom button or touch-screen presses. The phantom input died down after a few minutes, then the Switch acted fine.

I didn't know if this was a hardware issue, or if I had installed some malware. I decided to use Haku33 to reset the Switch. If it was hardware, I'd return the Switch to the e-bay seller. If it was software, I'd just start over.

I turned off AutoRCM and ran Haku33: It totally screwed-up my eMMC. The Switch locks after a brief display of the Nintendo Logo. However, I was still able to use RCM to boot into the emuMMC. The good news is that it fixed the phantom input issue!

I had followed a You-Tube How-To Video to jailbreak the Switch. It did not contain a step to back-up the eMMC or emuMMC, so I don't have any back-ups. It did recommend using SD File emuMMC, so I can't use Hekate's emuMMC Back-Up process, as it's only for Partition emuMMCs.

Any advice is appreciated!

- M

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi All;

I borked my Switches' eMMC and don't have a back-up, so now I can only use the installed CFW.

The emuMMC is an SD File (not a partition). It's too large to back-up, as it now contains a bunch of games.

So I don't totally mess it up: How can I manually back-up and restore the important bits of the SD File emuMMC???

Optional Read:
How I Screwed Up:

I'm my family's I.T. Support (because COBOL). So, my cousin asked me to jailbreak his Switch. It went well, and I had so much fun with it, that I bought myself a Switch off e-Bay.

My Switch was doing OK for a while. Until... every time I woke it up, it would process thousands of phantom button or touch-screen presses. The phantom input died down after a few minutes, then the Switch acted fine.

I didn't know if this was a hardware issue, or if I had installed some malware. I decided to use Haku33 to reset the Switch. If it was hardware, I'd return the Switch to the e-bay seller. If it was software, I'd just start over.

I turned off AutoRCM and ran Haku33: It totally screwed-up my eMMC. The Switch locks after a brief display of the Nintendo Logo. However, I was still able to use RCM to boot into the emuMMC. The good news is that it fixed the phantom input issue!

I had followed a You-Tube How-To Video to jailbreak the Switch. It did not contain a step to back-up the eMMC or emuMMC, so I don't have any back-ups. It did recommend using SD File emuMMC, so I can't use Hekate's emuMMC Back-Up process, as it's only for Partition emuMMCs.

Any advice is appreciated!

- M
If you EmuNAND is RAW partition based (you say not), you can use https://github.com/TheyKilledKenny/Emutool/releases to backup https://gbatemp.net/threads/emutool...r-sd-switch-emu-type-on-sxos-and-more.550756/ to backup and restore that partition (DD on linux also work)

If your EmuNAND is File based is so simple as to backup all files on your card. I don't understand why the file is so big to be backed up. IF YOU ARE USING A EXFAT formatted SD card you will get the card corrupted soon or later. by default tlhe EmuNAND file based uses 2GB files. so almost any diskformat support them.

you can copy that files to any hard drive.

If you like to backup only the savegames, you can use JKSV https://github.com/J-D-K/JKSV/releases to do that.
If you like to backup only your miis you can use https://github.com/Genwald/MiiPort
Your games you should have your original and legal NSP and XCI acquired files if you lost them you can use NXDumpTool https://github.com/DarkMatterCore/nxdumptool/ to dump your current installed titles.

For your themes there is no way to dump them so you need the *.nxtheme files to reinstall them.

Any other "little bit" you want to backup?

BY THE WAY NEVER FOLLOW YOUTUBE VIDEOS THEY ARE ALWAYS OUTDATED, EVEN THE NEXT DAY AFTER THEY GET POST. IS A FACT.

Yo do not "jailbreak" a Nintento Switch that is a procedure reserved to ishit products. you mod the console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto