How can I 100% kill my ipod touch in order to return it

layzieyez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome. FM radio. Maybe another competitor can add AM radio capability and carry it around like a badge of honor since that makes them superior to all the other digital media players that don't have it. Please. . . Get out of here with that argument.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
underpressure116 said:
1. You should have bought a decent DMP in the first place (READ: Not iPod or Zune Also Read: Something with some decent codec support).
When 99.9% of your library is mp3, why the fuck would additional codec support matter?

QUOTE said:
EDIT: Also, the Zunes' default earphones are FAR superior compared to the ipod ones. The Ipod ones are terrible in most of the aspect, but the Zune's is an IEM, and with some burn-in, it's excellent.
That's like comparing the packaging.

Sure, one may have a nicer box, but once you open the parcel its fairly irrelevant.

QUOTE said:
do you mean that apple totally ripped off the first rio players because they were first able to play mp3?
http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6450_7-5622055-1.html

QUOTEi would not say that the zune is a better mp3 player compared to the ipod. instead i would say that the zune is an equivalent to the click wheel based ipod.
Which is why nobody here is recommending the click wheel iPod.

although you might disagree, i find that the current iteration of the zune computer software is just fine.
They actually managed to make something worse than iTunes, which frankly is quite an achievement.

TaMs

Randomizer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
ScuberSteve said:
Strongbad007 said:
@whoever is bitching about Zune's sucking
More memory WRONG
better interface opinion based
wireless syncing as does the iPod touch
default headphones kick ass (doesn't really matter, but still). No they don't
Also it looks sexy. also opinion based
Actually you get alot of more memory for cheaper when oyu get zune instead of ipod. Also better interface thing is not opinion based. And you probably haven't tried zune's default headphones.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
layzieyez said:
Awesome. FM radio. Maybe another competitor can add AM radio capability and carry it around like a badge of honor since that makes them superior to all the other digital media players that don't have it. Please. . . Get out of here with that argument.

He wasn't using it to say it was a better player than the iPod, he was just saying a difference. If you noticed, his post compares the two, he doesn't say one or the other is better. What it all comes down to is opinion.

Threads like this sucks. Its filled with people who hate one thing just because they have a different one. I have an iPod, but I don't hate the Zune. Its actually pretty neat, but I don't need one because I have an iPod. I'm sure if I had a Zune I would love it just as much as I currently love my iPod. Its all about opinion, and you'll never be able to convince someone that what they have is a piece of shit (unless it really is, eg. some big brick MP3 player from 1998), so whats the point of trying.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
science said:
Its all about opinion
Sure, if you live in your own world and ignore functionality completely (which unfortunately most ignorant technophiles do).

I'm not comparing a 512 MB flash MP3 player to a 32GB iPod Touch here. An 80GB Zune and a 120GB iPod are very similar, with slight differences. These slight differences are why it comes down to opinion.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
Urza said:
science said:
Its all about opinion
Sure, if you live in your own world and ignore functionality completely (which unfortunately most ignorant technophiles do).

I'm not comparing a 512 MB flash MP3 player to a 32GB iPod Touch here. An 80GB Zune and a 120GB iPod are very similar, with slight differences. These slight differences are why it comes down to opinion.
The original baseless claim was that the Zune is somehow a superior device to the iPod Touch.

Edit: argument -> baseless claim

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Urza said:
science said:
Urza said:
science said:
Its all about opinion

The original baseless claim was that the Zune is somehow a superior device to the iPod Touch.

Edit: argument -> baseless claim

I will admit I didn't read the whole thread (I should have), but comparing the iPod Touch and the Zune doesn't even make sense. I thought the argument was between iPods and Zunes in general. If it were, I stand by my original statement.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
science said:
I will admit I didn't read the whole thread (I should have), but comparing the iPod Touch and the Zune doesn't even make sense. I thought the argument was between iPods and Zunes in general. If it were, I stand by my original statement.
And in that, you are correct.

Both are vastly inferior to many other devices on the market.

hobbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Urza said:
hobbles said:
Get a DS, get a M3, get a couple 8 gig micro-sdhc cards, go to town.
Congratulations!

You win the "worst suggestion of thread" award!

Well, hows that for hospitality. Lighten up. Instead of forcing your opinions on others, why don't you maybe go do something constructive.
Personally, I have a shuffle. It is about this big. |-------------|
It plays music.
That is all.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hobbles said:
Instead of forcing your opinions on others, why don't you maybe go do something constructive.
I'm keeping people from making stupid purchasing decisions.

That I would consider constructive.

hobbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dude, get off your horse. You are nitpicking between whether a zune or an ipod is better at playing music. Essentially. They are music players. They play music. No matter which one he purchases, it will satisfy his need for music.

You can't listen to 80 gig of music at once. Why do you care that one has 120 gig, vs the others 80?
They both fit in your pocket. Why do you care if one is very slightly smaller than the other?
They are not a god damn computer. Why do you care about the interface?

Why don't you actually do something constructive, i.e. make something NEW. Ask a meaningful question, instead of trying to answer a pointless one.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hobbles said:
Dude, get off your horse. You are nitpicking between whether a zune or an ipod is better at playing music. Essentially. They are music players. They play music. No matter which one he purchases, it will satisfy his need for music.
"hi im hobblz imma cum into yur conversatin witout readin and pozt lo"

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=104...p;#entry1390224

Your suggestion was in particular fairly stupid, use some huge fucking thing with terrible sound quality no access to the controls while its closed, and basically no searching.

in b4 pic of someone jacking off to this thread

Phillyman

Trophies
Website
www.gamingmagz.com
XP
Country
United States
ScuberSteve said:
Phillyman said:
you could buy some super strong magnets off Ebay to screw up the harddrive.
It's an iPod touch, they don't use hard drives. And since you were such an awesome tech, you'd know flash memory isn't effected much by magnets
smile.gif

True I missed that point but I was an awesome tech....thanks for the recognition! Anyways the strength of the magnets in question can hold 25 sheets of paper to a refrigerator door, so I am pretty sure that using them on ANY electronic device would cause problems.

hobbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh, i read it. And i saw how it transformed into what it is now. I don't understand what your problem is. You are obviously agitated.
Did you really think anybody would take my suggestion seriously? If you did, which I find fairly easy to believe, as you basically just flamed me for it, you probably shouldn't be giving anybody advice.

I have told you what I think without being offensive. Try a little harder next time.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hobbles said:
Oh, i read it. And i saw how it transformed into what it is now. I don't understand what your problem is. You are obviously agitated.
Did you really think anybody would take my suggestion seriously? If you did, which I find fairly easy to believe, as you basically just flamed me for it, you probably shouldn't be giving anybody advice.
At this point when someone says something stupid on this board, I assume they're just an idiot, as more than likely they are. Sarcasm is scarce in these parts.

However, instead of just leaving your sarcastic comment and criticism of my posting, why not add something useful to the conversation?

As far as being "agitated", I could just as easily assume you are far more agitated than I do to your completely content-less posting aimed at me.

But this is the internet, and chances are that's not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rn4vARy44iY