Official Homebrew Launcher for WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Cyan, Feb 29, 2016.

1. pcs3rd

pcs3rd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 10, 2017
    United States
    The Absolute freak'n MIDDLE OF NOWHERE.
    May I ask how haxchi works if all apps are checked at boot?

2. pedro702

pedro702 GBAtemp Guru

Mar 3, 2014
    Portugal
    haxchi is a content app that is why it requires an officially legit owned ds vc title, basically we change the content and save file but its a legit app with legit certificate thats how it works.

3. Cyan
    OP

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    I explained it somewhere, but I don't want to search -o-

All titles on WiiU have 3 folders :
    /code/ <-- contains the executable, signed and verified.
    /content/ <-- contains addtional files (settings, binary). unsigned, not verified
    /meta/ <-- contains title info (game's title in every language, icon, background image when launching the title, etc.), unsigned, unchecked.

if you create a program, and replace it in /code/ you can't launch it without signature check function patched. for example, HBL channel has the "hbl homebrew" executed, it's not signed and need CFW to be launched.

Haxchi is a NDS modified game with some additional function added to it:
    /code/ <-- contain the NDS emulator
    /content/ <-- NDS's ROM.zip (the game binary loaded by the emulator)
    /meta/ (pictures)

Haxchi doesn't replace the emulator, but the NDS's game's ROM.
    It's exploiting a vulnerability in the (unedited, still good signed) emulator, by loading a corrupted ROM.zip it crashes and execute haxchi's code location in the ROM instead of playing the ROM original game.

if you install haxchi in a pirated (WUPinstalled) NDS game, content in /code/ is not good signed and need CFW to launch, so it can't be used by haxchi.
    you need cfw to launch haxchi to patch the console's signature check that you already have; that's useless.

if you set this NDS game as autoboot (with CBHC), you can launch it only if it's good signed, or else the emulator won't launch, and the console won't boot.

Last edited by Cyan, Sep 19, 2018
  4. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Can you help me change the bootMovie.h264 to a custom one? I already have a custom loadiine-GX Boot/splash screen with custom bootSound.btsnd that has a custom sound i created. :)

5. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Could someone made this custom Loadiine-GX forwarder work with the latest release of loadiine-GX, please?

6. camasaki

camasaki Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 11, 2018
    Switzerland
    Can I delete the following folders from /wiiu/apps/ after I've installed CBHC?
    cbhc/
    haxchi/

I've installed the homebrew launcher channel, can I then delete /wiiu/apps/homebrew_launcher?

7. Flashpass

Flashpass Member

Newcomer
    Jan 8, 2018
    United States
    Does this work for 5.5.3?
    When I try to use it I get FSGetMountSource failed error every time I boot into it, it's worked about 2 times for me

8. HunterMK8

HunterMK8 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 27, 2016
    United States
    FSGetMountSourceFailed happens when the Homebrew Launcher isn't found, whether it be because it's not on the SD card or the Wii U isnt recognizing it, I'm not sure.
    try taking out the sd card then plugging it back in as I know from experience older wii u's tend to have more unstable slots. if that doesn't work, blow out the slot with some air since that could be another issue.
    since it's worked already for you a few times, it can be safe to assume that you have the file on your sd, and that the sd you have is not corrupted yet.

Last edited by HunterMK8, Nov 12, 2018
    Flashpass likes this.