Official Homebrew Launcher for WiiU

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Cyan, Feb 29, 2016.

1. scrappysphinx

scrappysphinx Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 30, 2010
    Hi, thanks for the reply. I didnt realise the gamepad had a sensor built in, thank you for the info. I paired a remote up and its seen in the home menu however again i couldn't click the load button in the homebrew launcher. I have now found the patched version for Wii U Pro controllers and gamepad and used that. I now have haxchi installed and working. Time for some reading and research into how to load up the wii with some stuff now. Thanks for your help :)

lordelan likes this.
  2. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    Good to hear you got it working. ;)
    For hacking the vWii look for WUPhax but I guess you'll look up some guides nonetheless. Good luck.

3. rix_20

rix_20 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2019
    Chile
    Hi everyone! I have a problem that even reading the whole thread I couldn't find anything similar, My wii u is on 5.5.3 and I use mocha through web exploit on loadiine.ovh and from one moment to another HBL stopped working entirely, it just remains frozen on the apps list, loud buzzing and no apps or animations visible at all. Making it so web exploit loads Mocha directly in order to open the channel version results in the same freeze. Is there any reason to it that I missed? I just don't know what it could be anymore.

Attached Files:

4. fernan1234

fernan1234 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    United States
    After not using my WiiU for a while and coming back to it, I found that any .elf app that I try to launch through the homebrew launcher (current 2.1) fails to launch and simply returns to the homebrew launcher. It looks like I can launch .rpx apps fine (retroarch cores), but not any of the .elf apps I used to launch without problems like tcpgecko, saviine or wup installer y mod. A lot of these apps don't seem to have rpx replacements. Any suggestions?

Last edited by fernan1234, Mar 17, 2019
  5. DarkDelta

DarkDelta Newbie

Newcomer
    May 10, 2018
    United States
    Hello everyone. I hope you can help me. I'm trying to install some games on my Wii U. A year ago I succesfully installed coldboot haxchi and everything went fine. The problem is, that was a year ago, and now im trying to install some more games and it seems I don't have the files needed in the SD Card (I have the 2 ... When I try to open haxchi, it always says "-3". I have formatted the SD Card and nothing changes. I tried to download the same files from the tutorial I followed but they have been eliminated... I'm not sure if everything is fine within the "wii u" and the "install" files.

6. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    You need to have the HBL on the SD card.
    Games go to
    SD:\install\gamename\[multiple files]
    and are installed with WUP Installer GX2.

7. CreeperMario

CreeperMario GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 18, 2016
    Australia
    Adelaide, South Australia
    I believe -3 is the error code for "FSGetMountSource failed" which means that the console does not think an SD Card is inserted, or that it is not formatted correctly. I find that sometimes I need to remove and re-insert the SD card a few times before my console will recognise it.

A trick I always use to find the source of SD card troubles is to open Mii Maker and try to save a picture of my Mii to the SD card - if there's a problem, Mii Maker will return an error message that may be more descriptive than "-3".

8. IvanB

IvanB Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 7, 2015
    I'm new to Wii U homebrew I installed Haxchi just fine I'm not using cold boot. How do I run homebrew from my SD card though ? What I mean I can only run things like RetroArch through the homebrew channel. I want to install Not64 how do I make them show up on my home menu etc. I think my console is on 5.5.3. When I installed homebrew launcher it open but nothing happens it goes back to homebrew channel.

9. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    Japan
    My WiiU is 5.5.3E, will HBL work?

I bought mu WiiU yesterday. Never saw WiiU before or tried it. I have more experience in hacks for wii and console it self. Are Wii and WiiU similar in that regards?
    Im just confused looking at it, sorry xD

I bought used one, so it has some hack i think....

Last edited by MetoMeto, May 20, 2019
  10. Cloud9Skywalker

Cloud9Skywalker Pokémon Trainer

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    My Homebrew Launcher is a .elf file and it is outdated, I am currently using v1.4 could I replace it to update it with the .rpx file?
    I am not booting through cbhc I am using Haxchi.

11. robco7

robco7 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2017
    United States
    So is it impossible to launch Homebrew/Haxchi without a gamepad? I was having problems with my gamepad, which inexplicably fixed itself, about a week ago and when I tried to launch the CFW ticket thing you need for games, it said I needed to turn on the gamepad. That makes it seem like anything that requires a CFW would be unplayable without the gamepad.

12. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    I believe there's a version that works without the gamepad, but you've gotta find it on the internet.