Homebrew Homebrew app to configure DS WiFi settings?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
Does anyone know of a homebrew app that is able to configure the Nintendo WiFi settings on a DS / DS Lite?

I realise this can be done from any game which supports Nintendo WiFi, however ill explain why that's not possible.

Someone I know has a DS which a cartridge sealed in it. He doesn't want to decrease the value of the system and break the seal to remove the cartridge, however would like to dump it so its preserved.

My idea was to use the recently released HaxxStation exploit to send Wood Dumper over to the DS via download play, then dump the cartridge over WiFi.
However I first need something I can send via HaxxStation that will allow the wireless settings on that DS to be configured.

Can anyone think of any homebrew which might be able to do this? or maybe their is even a file manager type app that could send a dump to another DS?

InsaneNutter

OP
Trophies
Website
digiex.net
XP
Country
NDSMail might work, but im not sure it will save it settings over the entire DS

Thanks for the suggestion, NDsMail seem to connect to an insure access point or load the setting for one already saved. It wouldn't save an access point globally on the DS though sadly.

Good suggestion though, I appreciate it.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
DSOrganize has a wifi setting tool (it supports the 3 systemwide standard connections, and 3 app-specific connections), doubt it will run well wirelessly though (I think it needs a folder with some external files)

He doesn't want to decrease the value of the system and break the seal
lòl collectors, I usually open all my electronics on day 2 (first one is to check any obvious faults just so I can return it without hassle)

Last edited by Ryccardo,
Reactions: Technicmaster0

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
lòl collectors, I usually open all my electronics on day 2 (first one is to check any obvious faults just so I can return it without hassle)
i am sure he got like a kiosk or thoose store event consoles+cart where nintendo putted a seal to prevent the removal of the card and you where supposed to send nintendo that thing again..
so yeah, you would want to keep the seal and sell it to a sucker for big money :C

Oleboy555

Trophies
Website
3ds.guide
XP
Country
Netherlands
DSOrganize unfortunately doesn't seem to do much without files on the SD card, however thank you for the idea!

I don't think what i'm hoping to do is possible at the moment.

woodumper also works with slot 2 carts, so if you have a slot 2 cart you can dump the slot 1 card

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Re files on SD card there are ways to bundle the would be files into a FAT image and then use that with DLDI homebrew called FCSR. Obviously write support is not there but it should matter in this instance.

https://www.chishm.com/DLDI/dldirc.html has a tool that will do it.

Similarly if you have a GBA slot device that can boot into DS mode (this might even include a 3 in 1) you could possibly use a ds homebrew that functions as a nopass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1