Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because we can not use an Xbox One controller over the USB, I edited the ds4new .ini file to remap the front buttons on an old DualShock4 but whatever I do it does not work properly. I followed the guide and wrote the following. What am I missing?

[vid=0x054c,pid=0x05c4]
[IgnoreDefault] //Ignoring the built in default values
//Settings buttons
VPAD_BUTTON_A = DS4_BUTTON_CROSS
VPAD_BUTTON_B = DS4_BUTTON_CIRCLE
VPAD_BUTTON_X = DS4_BUTTON_SQUARE
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = DS4_BUTTON_TRIANGLE
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = DS4_BUTTON_SELECT
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = DS4_BUTTON_START
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = DS4_BUTTON_L3
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = DS4_BUTTON_R3
//Setting dpad
DPAD_MODE = DS4_DPAD_MODE
VPAD_BUTTON_LEFT = DS4_BUTTON_LEFT
VPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT = DS4_BUTTON_RIGHT
VPAD_BUTTON_UP = DS4_BUTTON_UP
VPAD_BUTTON_DOWN = DS4_BUTTON_DOWN
//Setting the sticks
VPAD_L_STICK_X = DS4_STICK_L_X
VPAD_L_STICK_Y = DS4_STICK_L_Y
VPAD_R_STICK_X = DS4_STICK_R_X
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = DS4_STICK_R_Y
//Setting the trigger
VPAD_BUTTON_L = DS4_BUTTON_L1
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = DS4_BUTTON_L2
VPAD_BUTTON_R = DS4_BUTTON_R1
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = DS4_BUTTON_R2
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = 0x05,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = 0x05,0x10
//VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = 0x01,0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_L = 0x05,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_R = 0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = 0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = 0x05,0x80
//The "value" is a deadzone in this case
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = 0x05,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = 0x05,0x08
DPAD_MODE = DPAD_HAT
DPad_MASK = 0x0F
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N = 0x04,0x00 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE = 0x04,0x01 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E = 0x04,0x02 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE = 0x04,0x03 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x03
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S = 0x04,0x04 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW = 0x04,0x05 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W = 0x04,0x06 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW = 0x04,0x07 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x07
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_Neutral = 0x04,0x08 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x08
VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x00,0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_L_STICK_X_DEADZONE = 0x04

VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x01,0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = true
VPAD_R_STICK_X = 0x02,0x80
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_X_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = 0x03,0x80
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = true
//This device is no adapter that can't have more than 1 pads.
PAD_COUNT = 0x01

The guide uses a different code (above), I also tried the stock code (below) and swapped the front buttons, but this not work either:

[vid=0x54c,pid=0x09cc]
[IgnoreDefault] //Ignoring the built in default values
VPAD_BUTTON_A = 0x04,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_B = 0x04,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_X = 0x04,0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_Y = 0x04,0x80
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS = 0x05,0x20
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS = 0x05,0x10
//VPAD_BUTTON_HOME = 0x01,0x10
VPAD_BUTTON_L = 0x05,0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_R = 0x05,0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L = 0x05,0x40
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R = 0x05,0x80
//The "value" is a deadzone in this case
VPAD_BUTTON_ZL = 0x05,0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_ZR = 0x05,0x08
DPAD_MODE = DPAD_HAT
DPad_MASK = 0x0F
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_N = 0x04,0x00 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x00
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NE = 0x04,0x01 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x01
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_E = 0x04,0x02 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x02
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SE = 0x04,0x03 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x03
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_S = 0x04,0x04 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x04
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_SW = 0x04,0x05 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x05
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_W = 0x04,0x06 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x06
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_NW = 0x04,0x07 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x07
VPAD_BUTTON_DPAD_Neutral = 0x04,0x08 // postion: 0x05, value: 0x08
VPAD_L_STICK_X = 0x00,0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_L_STICK_X_DEADZONE = 0x04

VPAD_L_STICK_Y = 0x01,0x80
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_L_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert = true
VPAD_R_STICK_X = 0x02,0x80
VPAD_R_STICK_X_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_X_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPAD_R_STICK_Y = 0x03,0x80
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_MINMAX = 0x00,0xFF
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_DEADZONE = 0x05
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert = true
//This device is no adapter that can't have more than 1 pads.
PAD_COUNT = 0x01

Last edited by Waveracer,

Waveracer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@Maschell I made a config file for the Gamepad if you want to add the link to the OP.

This file swaps A for B and X for Y to match Xbox layout. Users can edit it and change whatever they want though.

For instance, they can write

VPAD_BUTTON_B = VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L

This would let them run with the left stick button on Breath of the Wild but it will be used for cancelling menu options too.

I wonder if we can also remap the Wii U pro controller?

Last edited by Waveracer,

Immortallix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my pro controller working, but 8bitdo nes30 pro 2 in switch pro mode is recognized but goes to a black screen when patches applied. Unplugging controller reboots system. Anyone else had any luck with 8bitdo? I can't imagine they'd need their own config file if they're recognized by the app as a switch pro controller.

Hambrew

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compatibility with my only controller, the Logitech Dual Action is pretty iffy. It WORKS, but the left joystick's Y-axis is inverted, for no reason. I'm pretty sure though that issue can be fixed in-game.

ramter15

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
the switch wired fight pad work?
this one
upload_2018-12-24_14-41-8.jpeg

ramter15

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i dunno. maybe it would if somebody made the controller "drivers" for use with HID2VPAD.
also, usb or not???
the controller also works whith the pc but i dont know how to make the drivers for HID2VPAD.

some one can make the drivers for me? i dont understand how to make it work

KoNeko1192

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! So I've been having an issue recently with a First-Party Switch Pro Controller. Every time I connect it via the USB-C before HID to VPAD starts, it won't boot-up unless I unplug the cable and re-plug it in. Then, when I try to press the A button to confirm which controller I'm going to input over, it automatically selects it even though I never pressed the button A. Futhermore, it shows the 2 analog sticks being pressed in an upward manner and the up d-pad being pressed. Even though no buttons were being touched.

I've tried it on three separate builds. One nightly, the latest nightly and the latest stable version. Any idea of a potential fix or has this issue cropped up at all before?

I have even tried plugging it into other ports, but to no avail.

I did try searching around and couldn't really find anything, so I'm hoping to shed some light on this issue.

I'm having this same issue not only with my Switch Pro controller, but also my 8bitdo USB Wireless Adapter which connects to a variety of controllers and "replicates" the inputs from a Switch Pro controller. Not sure if anyone knows a solution to this, but I also plugged in the controller and ran HIDtest and got the results attached in this image. Nothing changes on the HIDtest no matter what I press.

I've tried adding the switchpro.ini from the repo, and also modifying the switchpro.ini file to match the VID and PID shown in the image I attached. Same results every time. Any thoughts?

Attachments

• hidtovpad.jpg
    hidtovpad.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 345

earithramir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Just wanted say, THANKS!
This was exactly what i was looking for.
Bought some N64 USB gamepad to be able to play my n64 games like they should :)
Just a little work was needed thanks to you!
Great work!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I'm having this same issue not only with my Switch Pro controller, but also my 8bitdo USB Wireless Adapter which connects to a variety of controllers and "replicates" the inputs from a Switch Pro controller. Not sure if anyone knows a solution to this, but I also plugged in the controller and ran HIDtest and got the results attached in this image. Nothing changes on the HIDtest no matter what I press.

I've tried adding the switchpro.ini from the repo, and also modifying the switchpro.ini file to match the VID and PID shown in the image I attached. Same results every time. Any thoughts?

Did you try connecting the controller before turning on the the WiiU
If no input is shown when pressing buttons on HID test then the HID to VPAD will not work.
The first step is to get that working, do you have any other controller that u are able to test?

These are the steps u want to take to get it working.
1) connect controller (only the controller u want to test, when connecting multiple the HID test could fail)
2) power on wii and start HBL
3) test device with HID Test, if the input is registered go to the next step (some number on the screen change when pressing buttons)
4) take note of the PID/VID and note all the input you want to assign to a button.
5) Use the readme (https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices) to create a ini file that you must place on SD:/wiiu/controllers/[your.ini]
6) Start the HID to VPAD and add a controller by following onscreen instructions.
7) Test your configuration by looking ad the wii u pad to check if the registered keypresses are like intended.
8) enjoy!

Make sure that the controller u want to configure is the only thing connected to the UBS ports (just to make sure your debugging the right device) if its configured/tested then it will function with multiple connected. Tested it myself with a USB drive + PS4 controller and 4 USB n64 controllers.

Iska

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Many thanks for this awesome piece of software (and this forum in general tbh). Hopefully, someone can help me with the following:

I've managed to configure the apps correctly so that my wireless xbox 360's are interpreted correctly in the WiiU app. The GUI shows that the response to button presses is quick and accurate. However, when I apply the controller bindings and start a game (Mario Bros U, Mario Kart 8), the input becomes very laggy. The delays are between a few hundred ms and a second, and sometimes the inputs are lost completely.

I've checked the following:
- Connecting the laptop via wire to minimize packet loss. Its below 1%. Ping < 20 ms.
- HID to VPAD WiiU GUI shows the inputs are being received, both fast and accurately.

Is there something I can do to increase the priority of the HID to VPAD thread? It seems that the problem is not network or PC related, but originates within the WiiU.

Zambo91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good afternoon to everyone
I'm having a big trouble with HidtoVpad
I have 4 gamecube controllers and the wiiU gc Usb adapter and I can't make them work with the homebrew.
after i plug everything in (ccntroller-->adapter-->usb) and than i launch the homebrew and I press classic controller 1,2,3,4 and i select one to configure them nothing happens, no input gets detected.
I tried different version of the homebrew (right now i tried 0.9k no nightly) and i cant make it work.
Am I missing something?
Is anyone using this configuration? I would love to play MK8 with friends.
Last thing to say:
I tried all the setup with super smash bros wiiu and everything works flawlessly (i know that game is officially supported and does not require homebrew but now i know that none of the controller/usb adapter is broken).

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by Zambo91,

earithramir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good afternoon to everyone
I'm having a big trouble with HidtoVpad
I have 4 gamecube controllers and the wiiU gc Usb adapter and I can't make them work with the homebrew.
after i plug everything in (ccntroller-->adapter-->usb) and than i launch the homebrew and I press classic controller 1,2,3,4 and i select one to configure them nothing happens, no input gets detected.
I tried different version of the homebrew (right now i tried 0.9k no nightly) and i cant make it work.
Am I missing something?
Is anyone using this configuration? I would love to play MK8 with friends.
Last thing to say:
I tried all the setup with super smash bros wiiu and everything works flawlessly (i know that game is officially supported and does not require homebrew but now i know that none of the controller/usb adapter is broken).

Thank you so much for your help!
U should first test with HID test if the adapter is recongnized and take note of both PID and VID. Next on the sd browse to wiiu/controllers and check if there is a configuration file for the pid=[PID], vid=VID
if not then u should create a configuration file using this readme: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices
I'm currently trying to configure a tirthparty 4port wii u gamecube port adapter. Its recognized but not fully working (yet), when i'm done i'll add it to the repo

Last edited by earithramir,

Logicalityz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know any decent configs they could tell or send me for the left DS4 stick? (Ds4new) It works for me but not very accurately I'd say.

Rechwa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm having some trouble connecting my DS4 using the network client. Whenever I attempt to connect to my Wii U, I keep getting the same "Error while connecting: connect timed out" message. I only started getting the error recently. I am using the latest nightly builds for both HID to VPAD and the network client.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    20 KB · Views: 112

SudoNara

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I'm having trouble with my dual shock 4 controller whenever I connect through the network client. The game pad screen shows the all of the controller's buttons being pressed at the same time. I thin someone previously asked about the same thing, but no solution.

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
I've seen this issue been posted on Github and other places with no reply so I will try here.

https://streamable.com/lnqc3

As you can see in the linked video, the sensitivity on my Switch Pro Controller (connected via HID2VPAD and emulating a Wii U Pro Controller) isn't the same as the GamePad and as such doesn't register my input the same way. I tried emulating the GamePad itself and I ran into the same issue. Does anyone have any idea of how to fix it?

Orange_Juice

Trophies
XP
Country
Aruba
Quick question but for odd reasons when I want to use HIDtoVpad's network client it does not detect my Xbox One controller except for the nightly version. But when booting HIDtoVpad on the Wii U and applying the patches the screen just remains black forever which probably means it crashed. Any idea why this happens? I also changed the HIDtoVpad on the Wii U just in case if the versions need to match so it can work. I have attempted to use the stable version but same issue occurs.

Last edited by Orange_Juice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: By then I'll have some little mini pc anyway