Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. DougRedfield87

DougRedfield87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    United States
    I have a question. does this work with WUP installed games like Metal Gear Solid The Twin Snakes and if so im trying to use my GC controller with it but im having a bit of a hard time.

2. Lyrin

Lyrin Annoying Weaboo Girl

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    It works on Wii U games and ONLY Wii U games. Gamecube games are run under vWii with Nintendont.
    To use a Gamecube Controller with Nintendont, plug in the adapter and the controller.
    You'll need a Wiimote to launch the game without it setting the Wii U Gamepad to Player 1.

3. DougRedfield87

DougRedfield87 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2018
    United States
    so I have to use nintendont in order for me to use my GC controller for those games? Isn't there a way to configure controllers for WUP games like this or no?

4. Lyrin

Lyrin Annoying Weaboo Girl

Jun 4, 2017
    United States
    "WUP games" isn't a thing. It's Wii U games, Wii games, Gamecube games, or Virtual Console games.

Gamecube games always run through Nintendont, there's no other (reasonable) way for them to be run.

5. fuctfuct

fuctfuct GBAtemp Fan

May 8, 2006
    Canada
    B.C. Canada
    Using the latest nightly and a dualshock3 i just get a black screen and have to pull the plug on my WiiU to recover. I also tried a wired Hori PS3 controller (HoriPad3 Turbo Plus) and it isn't detected by either the stable version or nightly. Any ideas? :'(
    Does one need to be in CFW for it to work? Or is just launching it with haxchi and HBL enough? I decided against cold boot. Currently my config just boots to HBL and i have to hold b to get into CFW.
    Also, does this work with the PDP Faceoff? I kinda wana buy one.

Last edited by fuctfuct, Nov 11, 2018
  6. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    can you share the profiles please?

7. PeeJay Bonobo

PeeJay Bonobo Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 10, 2014
    United States
    Far Rockaway, New York
    They (GameSirG3w_2Lights.ini and GameSirG3W_NoLights.ini) are already here.

8. kisamesama

kisamesama GBAtemp Fan

Sep 29, 2008
    United States
    thx! have you tried gamesir g3s? or gamesir t2a? I have tried both and they didn't get "detected"
    on what usb port do you connect it? on the front or back or both?

9. morpheous

morpheous GBAtemp Regular

Apr 2, 2009
    United States
    Does anyone have a hid to vpad .ini config file for the Logitech G29 racing wheel for use on a wii u? if so, could someone be kind enough up attach it for download?

10. said31

said31 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 16, 2018
    Algeria
    GREAT WORK we want this on switch :D