Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Quick question but for odd reasons when I want to use HIDtoVpad's network client it does not detect my Xbox One controller except for the nightly version. But when booting HIDtoVpad on the Wii U and applying the patches the screen just remains black forever which probably means it crashed. Any idea why this happens? I also changed the HIDtoVpad on the Wii U just in case if the versions need to match so it can work. I have attempted to use the stable version but same issue occurs.

Make sure to use the HBL 1.4 compatible exploit to load HID to VPAD.
For the browser this would http://u.wiidb.de/
Haxchi should also be fine. All other browser exploit probably WON'T work.

Zambo91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
U should first test with HID test if the adapter is recongnized and take note of both PID and VID. Next on the sd browse to wiiu/controllers and check if there is a configuration file for the pid=[PID], vid=VID
if not then u should create a configuration file using this readme:
I'm currently trying to configure a tirthparty 4port wii u gamecube port adapter. Its recognized but not fully working (yet), when i'm done i'll add it to the repo

Hi earithramir
Thank for your message
I found the main issue: mine 4port wiiu gamecube adapter is also a third party one...I will try to create my own ini file...if I will succeed I will also upload it to github
Anyone else that has a 3rd party adapter and would like to share the .ini file?
Thank you in advance

lama89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello guys,
Is it possibile to use this homebrew to remap the wiiu gamepad (or any "HID to VPAD compatible" gamepads) to invert "y axis" on the right joystick?
Basically, I would like to use this tool to reverse the y axis visual for videogames (e.g. Zelda Wind Waker HD) where you can't reverse y axis in game.
Do i have to edit the config file of my controller before launching the tool?
Thanks again.

lama89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm using the gamecube adapter, everything works fine but the left stick makes the character walk slow (tried with Breath of the wild and Bayonetta), I tried different Gamecube controllers with the same result. I made an ini file but it doesn't seem to apply the changes. Any idea how i could make the characters walk normally?

I have it like sd:/wiiu/controller/GC Pad.ini

and to test I added the lines from the wiki:

[vid=0x057e,pid=0x0337]
VPAD_R_STICK_Y_INVERT = true

And had no effect.

Have you finally managed to invert y axis on right stick? If so, How have you edited the config.ini for the gamepad? thanks

D

Deleted User

Guys I am having a problem. I am using a new model DualShock 4 with the network client via Bluetooth. But when I press a on the game pad for it to emulate the pro controller, a bunch of random buttons are pressed! Is there a solution for this?

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I am having a problem. I am using a new model DualShock 4 with the network client via Bluetooth. But when I press a on the game pad for it to emulate the pro controller, a bunch of random buttons are pressed! Is there a solution for this?

This sounds like the config file doesn't match what your controller is outputting. They are reasonably straightforward to make (https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices)/edit. You will need to get the PC version of HID Test and check that the byte that changes when you press each DS4 button is the one listed in the config file for the relevant WiiU button (and that the VID/PID match).

D

Deleted User

This sounds like the config file doesn't match what your controller is outputting. They are reasonably straightforward to make (https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices)/edit. You will need to get the PC version of HID Test and check that the byte that changes when you press each DS4 button is the one listed in the config file for the relevant WiiU button (and that the VID/PID match).
Problem solved thanks, but I cannot use it for nintendont as well. Any solution? Here is my thread: https://gbatemp.net/posts/8511048/

jules3324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi, folks. I've been rummaging through the thread to see if there is a solution to the left stick issue, where it won't register forward properly. Any luck with that? I really want to use my Switch pro with BotW, and I'm not buying it again on the Switch, lol.

D

Deleted User

Hi, folks. I've been rummaging through the thread to see if there is a solution to the left stick issue, where it won't register forward properly. Any luck with that? I really want to use my Switch pro with BotW, and I'm not buying it again on the Switch, lol.
Get the .ini file from the repo it may be corrupted

Last edited by ,

jules3324

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Get the .ini file from the repo it may be corrupted
That's the one I tried, though. No luck.

EDIT: I messed around with the values and sort of got it to work, but still gives me pause, 'cause sometimes it'll still say I'm holding the stick back in the app, when it's in neutral position.

Last edited by jules3324,

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Unfortunately, I think you’re out of luck. The guide to editing controller config files https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.c-Controller-|-Configurate-the-Dualshock-4-controller says that the newer DS4 model doesn’t work over USB. The alternative is the Network Client, but this only talks to HID to VPAD, not to Nintendont.

There might be a hardware solution like Cronus, MagicNS or one of Brook’s Super Converters - they can emulate other controllers that should connect, but you should check whether they claim compatibility with the newer DS4 before buying.

Problem solved thanks, but I cannot use it for nintendont as well. Any solution? Here is my thread: https://gbatemp.net/posts/8511048/

Last edited by emcintosh,
D

Deleted User

Unfortunately, I think you’re out of luck. The guide to editing controller config files https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.c-Controller-|-Configurate-the-Dualshock-4-controller says that the newer DS4 model doesn’t work over USB. The alternative is the Network Client, but this only talks to HID to VPAD, not to Nintendont.

There might be a hardware solution like Cronus, MagicNS or one of Brook’s converters - they can emulate other controllers that should connect, but you should check whether they claim compatibility with the newer DS4 before buying.
Which one would work for Mario kart Wii? I want it to emulate a classic controller

D

Deleted User

Reactions: Gameplayernumber1

Gameplayernumber1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
D

Deleted User

Magic-NS is probably your best bet - looking on Amazon, it seems to be cheaper than any of the specific converters, and it can emulate the Switch Pro Controller. There is a config file for Switch Pro Controller here https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs, so it should work with Nintendont.
But if magic ns emulates a switch pro, then how am I supposed to use this with Mario kart Wii on vwii mode? I understand that it would work with nintendont because it has support for switch pro but Mario kart Wii?

Last edited by ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn