Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So I just have to put that fragment of code on a ds4.ini and that's it?
Yes, with the values you want to overwrite. You can use the HIDTest App to see how much your stick are off from the neutral position

I'm using the values given by the hidtest app. How are they not right?
You have to put "pressed value" - "unpressed value" into the .ini
So when the byte is 0x40 without pressing anything, but turns to 0x48 when you press A, you write 0x08 into the config

Last edited by Maschell,

Oshidoni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry guys, I figured out what I did wrong, the default GC config works after all with zelda. Turns out I didn't have to hold the button. That solved it. Sorry for the misinformation

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking through this thread and I'd really like to use my old ds4 to play botw on my wii u.

If I hack it right now (mine is still on vanilla 5.5.1) can I get this to work on my original game disc? Will installing cfw kill my saves etc? I'd like to continue playing where I left off on the retail disc, I can still do that on cfw right?

Just need a confirmation before I dive in, I know where to find the info for installing cfw :)

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been looking through this thread and I'd really like to use my old ds4 to play botw on my wii u.

If I hack it right now (mine is still on vanilla 5.5.1) can I get this to work on my original game disc? Will installing cfw kill my saves etc? I'd like to continue playing where I left off on the retail disc, I can still do that on cfw right?

Just need a confirmation before I dive in, I know where to find the info for installing cfw :)
CFW will not effect anything on your console.

Reactions: ayanekochan

Yupitsjace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ayanekochan, you don't need CFW to use your old DS4 Controller. You just need some files on a SD card, and use the wii browser to connect to a site to activate the homebrew channel. No CFW needed. Using my Ds4 right now on Vanilla 5.5.1 with my retail disc. :)

((You will need to disable screen dim and power save modes because the console wont think your doing anything when using the DS4 controller.))

Last edited by Yupitsjace,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Ayanekochan, you don't need CFW to use your old DS4 Controller. You just need some files on a SD card, and use the wii browser to connect to a site to activate the homebrew channel. No CFW needed. Using my Ds4 right now on Vanilla 5.5.1 with my retail disc. :)

((You will need to disable screen dim and power save modes because the console wont think your doing anything when using the DS4 controller.))

whoa that sounds even better! I'm gonna give that a shot! Did you have to modify the config for the DS4 at all? I'm planning on swapping two buttons to make my life easier too.

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, with the values you want to overwrite. You can use the HIDTest App to see how much your stick are off from the neutral position

So when the byte is 0x40 without pressing anything, but turns to 0x48 when you press A, you write 0x08 into the config

Okay, so my DPAD unpressed value is 0x08 and the pressed values are 0x04, 0x00, 0x06 and 0x02. What do I put in the config for these values?

So the original value is 0x08. What do I input in this form to get the OR ?

http://www.miniwebtool.com/bitwise-calculator/

Last edited by cots,

cots

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the data I got from your program. I don't know how to convert it using bit OR and your link to the BIT OR doesn't really explain how it works. Anyway, here is the raw data. I'm not even sure why your hidtest doesn't just give you the values needed without having to mess with them. It would make things a lot easier.

Key = Gamepad Key
POS = POS from hidtest
Static = unpressed
Value = pressed

Last edited by cots,

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've got the app to load via hbl, but it's not detecting my config files. I've placed them in SD/wiiu/controller and named them to ds4.ini and gamepad.ini. Am I missing something? The contents of both files look like this:

for ds4.ini

[vid=0x054c,pid=0x05c4]
VPAD_BUTTON_X = DS4_BUTTON_L1
VPAD_BUTTON_L = DS4_BUTTON_TRIANGLE

for gamepad.ini

[gamepad]
VPAD_BUTTON_X=VPAD_BUTTON_L
VPAD_BUTTON_L=VPAD_BUTTON_X

I'm using the latest release 0.9b from the github repo.

ayanekochan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah I was hoping to save myself some hand cramping so I can run while moving the camera.

Anyone else have this issue of not getting the config file recognized? I tried changing my SD card too and it's still the same. Otherwise game is running great with the DS4.

SlyChoober

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone I'm new here and just installed Homebrew Launcher today and came across this application. Using a launch DS4 with Zelda:BOTW and absolutely no issues so far. Just be sure to turn off screen burn in reduction and power save mode, I learned the hard way. Was fighting a boss and was a few hits away when the console turned off.

Maschell

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not even sure why your hidtest doesn't just give you the values needed without having to mess with them. It would make things a lot easier.
The tools simply displays the data the WiiU gets via USB from the controller. It's hard to parse this automatically.
When you look the value bit-wise, you'll notice, that each buttons is for one button. The hex format is only an other form of representation

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the default values for the DS3 in BotW. Everything works fine except for the left analogue stick. It seems like the y-axis on my DS3 controller is mapped to the x-axis of the vpad. I tried to swap the x and y axis for the left stick but it didn't work.

My attempt:
[vid=0x054c,pid=0x0268]
//Setting the sticks
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_X = DS3_STICK_L_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_Y = DS3_STICK_L_X

I also have a DS4 (new version). But that one doesn't work at all.

I also bought a generic bluetooth USB adapter from ebay. Is it possible to get that to work? Do I need to find the correct 'vid' and 'pid' for the bluetooth controller en map the buttons?

I have exactly the same problem. My DS3 (CECHZC2J) works fine except for the Left stick which has the axis swapped. I tried exactly the same thing as Alchemist_Koen and overrode the sticks using this ini:

Code:
[vid=0x054c,pid=0x0268]
[IgnoreDefault] //Ignoring the built in default values

//Settings buttons
VPAD_BUTTON_A                   =   DS3_BUTTON_CIRCLE
VPAD_BUTTON_B                   =   DS3_BUTTON_CROSS
VPAD_BUTTON_X                   =   DS3_BUTTON_TRIANGLE
VPAD_BUTTON_Y                   =   DS3_BUTTON_SQUARE
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS               =   DS3_BUTTON_SELECT
VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS                =   DS3_BUTTON_START

VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_L             =   DS3_BUTTON_L3
VPAD_BUTTON_STICK_R             =   DS3_BUTTON_R3

VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_X            =    DS3_STICK_L_Y
VPAD_BUTTON_L_STICK_Y            =    DS3_STICK_L_X
VPAD_BUTTON_R_STICK_X            =    DS3_STICK_R_X
VPAD_BUTTON_R_STICK_Y            =    DS3_STICK_R_Y

//Setting dpad
DPAD_MODE                       =   DS3_DPAD_MODE
VPAD_BUTTON_LEFT                =   DS3_BUTTON_LEFT
VPAD_BUTTON_RIGHT               =   DS3_BUTTON_RIGHT
VPAD_BUTTON_UP                  =   DS3_BUTTON_UP
VPAD_BUTTON_DOWN                =   DS3_BUTTON_DOWN

//Thumbsticks
VPad_L_Stick_X          =   0x07,0x80 // postion: 0x03, neutral value: 0x80
VPad_L_Stick_X_MinMax   =   0x00,0xFF // min value: 0x00, max value: 0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_X_Deadzone =   0x0A      // deadzone: 0x0A

VPad_L_Stick_Y          =   0x06,0x80 // postion: 0x04, neutral value: 0x80
VPad_L_Stick_Y_MinMax   =   0x00,0xFF // min value: 0x00, max value: 0xFF
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Deadzone =   0x0A      // deadzone: 0x0A
VPad_L_Stick_Y_Invert   =   False     //invert Y-Axis

VPad_R_Stick_X          =   0x08,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_X_MinMax   =   0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_X_Deadzone =   0x0A     

VPad_R_Stick_Y          =   0x09,0x80
VPad_R_Stick_Y_MinMax   =   0x00,0xFF
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Deadzone =   0x0A     
VPad_R_Stick_Y_Invert   =   True

but nothing changes. The only thing I can think of is that our DS3 controllers have different vid/hid IDs and thats why the ini override does nothing? I tried running the HIDTest app but that doesn't do anything. If HIDtoVPAD isn't already loaded I just get the HID-Test title with "Press Home to return" at the bottom and nothing else. If I load HIDtoVPAD first then HIDTest, the WiiU just freezes on a black screen.

tajrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

is there anyway to get the new slim ds4 working with ini file? im geting hand cramps with the dam gamepad playing botw.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz