Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    hello there :) are you selecting to emulate the wii u GAMEPAD or wii u pro controller? if you are selecting wii u pro controller, that might be the issue

if that still doesnt work then you only have 2 options:

1. install the network client on a pc, at the cost of a lot of input lag. i lost an online smash game because the controller disconnected. (outdated option)
    2. spend $20 and follow this tutorial, that is guaranteed to work with no lag, i just tested both of the games you have problems with, and they work. (up-to-date and recommended option, despite of having to make a purchase).

Last edited by Missingphy, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Wakaflocka1017

Wakaflocka1017 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2014
    France
    I managed to solve my problem by pressing the "TV" button on the Gamepad. I did for Twilight Princess HD, I haven't tried with Wind Waker.

I found the solution on github.

emcintosh and Missingphy like this.
  3. 98otiss

98otiss uwu

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    anyone know how to get this to work with sdcafiine, they cancel each other out

4. emcintosh

emcintosh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    Maschell’s Wii U Plugin System can load versions of both simultaneously: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-plugin-system.496659/

I haven’t yet found a need to load more than one, so I’m still using the standalone version. If you try the WUPS version, do say how it compares.

5. Mikitok

Mikitok GBAtemp Regular

Jan 14, 2019
    New Zealand
    Its posible turn off wii u gamepad when I use a ps3 controller?

6. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Yes. After applying the patches, take it far enough from the Wii U si that it loses connection.

Mikitok likes this.
  7. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Works on Gamecube injects, but every time you run one you have to re-activate hid to vpad after exiting which is kinda annoying (I'm sure it's because they force a reboot when you exit them) but it appears HID to VPAD doesn't work with Triforce games that I injected for some reason. Odd because my Triforce injects work fine with gamepad. Both Triforce games and Gamecube games use Nintendont so I'm not sure of why Triforce games do not work. Luckily it's only two games for me that are Triforce Mario Kart Arcade GP 2 and F-Zero AX.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 1, 2019
  8. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Hid to vpad mixed with Wii? Never thought that was possible

9. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
  10. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Could someone make me a configuration file to get dual shock 3 to work wirelessly with Mayflash Magic NS. I would but don't know how. :(

11. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    This is an old post but I have screen burn protection disabled and it still goes dim playing BOTW with Dualshock 3 wirelessly using Mayflash Magic NS Adapter which works perfectly otherwise.

12. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Has anyone tried to play Paper Mario Color Splash with a Hid to Vpad controller? It just keeps on the launch screen and music keeps looping repeatedly, and I have to turn off the console on the system itself. Tried it without Hid to Vpad works fine. I guess it's the only game I've found with compatibility issues with Hid to Vpad unless it's just me that it happens to.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 26, 2019
  13. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I've a question. Is there any way to use this to play DS games on my Wii U Pro Controller instead of Gamepad? Don't like using the gamepad and this specific game doesn't even have touchscreen features.

14. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    I cannot say for sure a Pro Controller would work, but I use a Dualshock 3 wirelessly with Mayflash Magic NS adapter and it works with DS games. So if a Pro Controller does work at all with hid to vpad it will work with DS games.

The odd thing is I know a Switch Pro controller would work but don't know if Wii U Pro would work. I think it's meant for other controllers that aren't native to the Wii U.

Last edited by EmulateLife, Aug 27, 2019
  15. YukidaruPunch

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    That's the thing. I don't have any other controllers that are not compatible with the Wii U. Wii U Pro is all I have. ):

16. EmulateLife

May 30, 2016
    United States
    Well your options are

1. get one
    2. use the gamepad

17. emcintosh

emcintosh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    You should be able to map the Pro Controller to the Gamepad. Connect the controller, open HID to Vpad, click on the gamepad tab and press any button on the Pro Controller when prompted.

Someone asked about this on the Network Client thread and it seemed to work for them. Otherwise you could force the Pro Controller to appear as an Xinput controller using WiinUPro on your PC, and connecting using the Network Client.

Last edited by emcintosh, Aug 28, 2019
    YukidaruPunch likes this.
  18. YukidaruPunch

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I'll give it a try, thanks!

19. cueropedo

cueropedo Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    United States
    Hello, I see that the Mayflash Magic NS works with HID To VPAD, just a question, will the version for PS4 (Mayflash Magic S) work? because I'm considering buying that for my PS4 too, did anyone have experiencie with this?
    Thanks in advance!.

20. Spawn420

Spawn420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Can someone create a config file for the GameCube adaptor. It’s the Hyperkin model but it appears to read as the official one on hid test. But I have two issues. The main issue is the left stick. I noticed while testing wind waker hd you cant gain momentum in the straight left or south direction. It lets you walk in all directions but not run left or down. If someone could incorporate a dead zone fix to that it would be appreciated. Also for some reason I always have to run hidtovpad twice before it registers the GameCube adaptor/controller.