Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. emcintosh

emcintosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I don't know why the values should be alternating, I'm afraid.

Can you get it to show up in HID-to-Vpad when you change the VID/PID values in the config to the ones HID-Test is showing you?

You should be able to request your config be added to the repository by submitting a pull request here: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs/pulls

2. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    Changed the VID/PID values and i got it to recognize in HID-to-VPAD. The left stick is stuck moving north and west, the right stick moving north and east and the directional pad up. No input seems to work either. I'm going to test some more theories and see what happens.

3. emcintosh

emcintosh Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    So HID-Test shows changes in the expected digits when you press each button / stick, but HID-to-Vpad still sees them as pressed when they're not?

N64 doesn't have a right stick. What input is being mapped to it - the C buttons?

And some more possible problems with the control stick - does HID-Test report it returning to the neutral position when you release it? If it doesn't quite go back to zero, you might need to increase the dead zone (range of values in the middle that are treated as zero). And are you sure the stick was in the neutral position when you connected it? Because the N64 stick measures only relative positions, and will take the position when it's plugged in as neutral, so if it was slightly SE of neutral when plugged in, when you release the stick, the actual neutral position will report as NW.

4. Nemesis90

Nemesis90 GBAtemp Fan

Nov 12, 2011
    United States
    Yes they are C buttons, i should've clarified.

Okay so this is strange, i got it to work properly but in order to do that i had to change PAD_COUNT from 2 to 1. From my understanding of the controller wiki adapters with multiple controller support can work. I'm not sure what is causing PAD_COUNT to break the config. Do i need separate configs for two controllers?

5. unknowwiiplayer

unknowwiiplayer Member

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2017
    Chile
    Hello!
    I have a problem right now with this homebrew... I have been using hid to vpad for a long time and never had a problem, yesterday it was working properly with my dualshock 4 V1, but later that day it stopped working for no reason.
    My dualshock 4 still works fine on my pc using a USB cable and charges when connected to a wall plug, the way it is supposed to do.
    I think it did turn on the yellow light before when corrected to the wii u but now it plays dead, like if it weren't getting any signals from my wii u.
    USB keyboards still work.
    It may be a power delivery issue? I will try a externally powered USB hub, I don't have one now so I will post results once I get one.
    The device's hardware id is "USB\VID_054C&PID_05C4&REV_0100", it is a legit dualshock 4 V1.
    Things that I already tried:
    • Delete hid to vpad configuration file
    • Try an older version (tried version 0.9j)
    • Try a nightly version (tried version 0.9k-nightly-6e648fd)
    • Uninstall CBHC (tried launching hid to vpad without custom firmwares)
    • Different CFW (tried with mocha)
    • Different cables (different length and width)
    • Tried hid test, it doesn't recognize any interaction with my controller but does detect my keyboard properly
    • I have also tried a charge only cable, those lacks data cables and only charge devices, DS4 charges (yellow light) on pc and wall plug, no light on wii u
    • Also tried without any other USB device connected
    • Network client for some reason doesn't work but in options, info, All HIDs, it is listed as vid= 054C, pid= 05C4 as a normal Dualshock 4 V1 (full text in the spoiler)
    I don't have any other dualshock 4 V1 for testing, but I can get a dualshock 3 this weekend for that.
    Until then, I'd like to read what did you think about this...

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Thanks!

Last edited by unknowwiiplayer, Nov 21, 2019
  6. xLothwenx

xLothwenx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2017
    United States
    Has anyone been able to customize "Double Use" mappings successfully? Also, this project is effectively dead in terms of developer support, right?

7. Ybzij

Ybzij Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 31, 2018
    Philippines
    Hi, I just want to say a very little problem. When I use HID to VPad to emulate the Gamepad, I can't access the e-manual (yes. I read them, idk y though). But it does work if you emulate the Pro controller.

That's all. More power to all who create and help this app and I hope I can try the Wii U plugin app. Have a nice day

8. YukidaruPunch

YukidaruPunch GBAtemp Regular

Oct 24, 2017
    Brazil
    I just played Splatoon with an Xbox One controller. What a time to be alive.

I've two questions:
    1) I can't use Retroarch with it, correct?
    2) Is there any risk of ban if I use it to play Splatoon or Mario Kart 8 online?

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted