Homebrew Official HID to VPAD

emcintosh

On the internet, everyone knows I'm a cat
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why the values should be alternating, I'm afraid.

Can you get it to show up in HID-to-Vpad when you change the VID/PID values in the config to the ones HID-Test is showing you?

You should be able to request your config be added to the repository by submitting a pull request here: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs/pulls

Everything works now! Thanks again! I attached the config file. I'm not sure how i would go about adding it to the repository. I have one more issue maybe you can help me with. I have a mayflash adapter for the N64. According to the repository it already has a config file, but it doesn't seem to work with it (no detection on HIDtoVPAD). I booted HID-test to see if it could help. I found that the VID and PID values are completely different from the repository config. It also seems no matter what input i give HID-test all of the values alternate quickly between the neutral value and the pressed value, this happens until i let go of the button. I'm not sure if this is normal behavior. Most of the values seem to be the same as the default config save for the swapped Start/Z buttons. Could these issues be from a newer revision of the adapter?

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why the values should be alternating, I'm afraid.

Can you get it to show up in HID-to-Vpad when you change the VID/PID values in the config to the ones HID-Test is showing you?

You should be able to request your config be added to the repository by submitting a pull request here: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher_configs/pulls

Changed the VID/PID values and i got it to recognize in HID-to-VPAD. The left stick is stuck moving north and west, the right stick moving north and east and the directional pad up. No input seems to work either. I'm going to test some more theories and see what happens.

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So HID-Test shows changes in the expected digits when you press each button / stick, but HID-to-Vpad still sees them as pressed when they're not?

N64 doesn't have a right stick. What input is being mapped to it - the C buttons?

And some more possible problems with the control stick - does HID-Test report it returning to the neutral position when you release it? If it doesn't quite go back to zero, you might need to increase the dead zone (range of values in the middle that are treated as zero). And are you sure the stick was in the neutral position when you connected it? Because the N64 stick measures only relative positions, and will take the position when it's plugged in as neutral, so if it was slightly SE of neutral when plugged in, when you release the stick, the actual neutral position will report as NW.

Changed the VID/PID values and i got it to recognize in HID-to-VPAD. The left stick is stuck moving north and west, the right stick moving north and east and the directional pad up. No input seems to work either. I'm going to test some more theories and see what happens.

Nemesis90

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So HID-Test shows changes in the expected digits when you press each button / stick, but HID-to-Vpad still sees them as pressed when they're not?

N64 doesn't have a right stick. What input is being mapped to it - the C buttons?

And some more possible problems with the control stick - does HID-Test report it returning to the neutral position when you release it? If it doesn't quite go back to zero, you might need to increase the dead zone (range of values in the middle that are treated as zero). And are you sure the stick was in the neutral position when you connected it? Because the N64 stick measures only relative positions, and will take the position when it's plugged in as neutral, so if it was slightly SE of neutral when plugged in, when you release the stick, the actual neutral position will report as NW.

Yes they are C buttons, i should've clarified.

Okay so this is strange, i got it to work properly but in order to do that i had to change PAD_COUNT from 2 to 1. From my understanding of the controller wiki adapters with multiple controller support can work. I'm not sure what is causing PAD_COUNT to break the config. Do i need separate configs for two controllers?

unknowwiiplayer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello!
I have a problem right now with this homebrew... I have been using hid to vpad for a long time and never had a problem, yesterday it was working properly with my dualshock 4 V1, but later that day it stopped working for no reason.
My dualshock 4 still works fine on my pc using a USB cable and charges when connected to a wall plug, the way it is supposed to do.
I think it did turn on the yellow light before when corrected to the wii u but now it plays dead, like if it weren't getting any signals from my wii u.
USB keyboards still work.
It may be a power delivery issue? I will try a externally powered USB hub, I don't have one now so I will post results once I get one.
The device's hardware id is "USB\VID_054C&PID_05C4&REV_0100", it is a legit dualshock 4 V1.
Things that I already tried:
  • Delete hid to vpad configuration file
  • Try an older version (tried version 0.9j)
  • Try a nightly version (tried version 0.9k-nightly-6e648fd)
  • Uninstall CBHC (tried launching hid to vpad without custom firmwares)
  • Different CFW (tried with mocha)
  • Different cables (different length and width)
  • Tried hid test, it doesn't recognize any interaction with my controller but does detect my keyboard properly
  • I have also tried a charge only cable, those lacks data cables and only charge devices, DS4 charges (yellow light) on pc and wall plug, no light on wii u
  • Also tried without any other USB device connected
  • Network client for some reason doesn't work but in options, info, All HIDs, it is listed as vid= 054C, pid= 05C4 as a normal Dualshock 4 V1 (full text in the spoiler)
I don't have any other dualshock 4 V1 for testing, but I can get a dualshock 3 this weekend for that.
Until then, I'd like to read what did you think about this...

HID to VPAD Network Client
Running on WINDOWS
HID Backend: PureJavaHidManagerBackend
Currently Connected.
Not Reconnecting.
Currently attached controllers:
Filtering settings:
[true, false, false, true, true, true]
All HIDs:
PureJavaHidDevice [vid= 0001, pid= 0001, path= \\?\hid#hpq6001#4&169ee9e2&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}, usage= 0001:0000, data=[]]
PureJavaHidDevice [vid= 054C, pid= 05C4, path= \\?\hid#{00001124-0000-1000-8000-00805f9b34fb}_vid&0002054c_pid&05c4#9&9159a3b&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}, usage= 0001:0000, data=[]]
PureJavaHidDevice [vid= 054C, pid= 05C4, path= \\?\hid#vid_054c&pid_05c4#6&667696f&1&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}, usage= 0001:0000, data=[]]

Thanks!

Last edited by unknowwiiplayer,

xLothwenx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Double Use" button mappings are completely broken if you ignore the default configuration and try to customize the mappings:

https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.a-Controller-|-Configurate-the-GameCube-controller#changing-the-double-used-buttons

It's too bad. Otherwise, this would be an extremely useful program. (By the way, there are errors in the examples.)

Code:
DOUBLE_USE                      =    true
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_ACTIVATOR     =    GC_BUTTON_Z

VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS                =   GC_BUTTON_START
VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS               =   GC_BUTTON_START

DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_PRESSED     =   VPAD_BUTTON_MINUS
DOUBLE_USE_BUTTON_1_RELASED     =   VPAD_BUTTON_PLUS

Both Plus and Minus are activated with Z and Start instead of exclusively.

Has anyone been able to customize "Double Use" mappings successfully? Also, this project is effectively dead in terms of developer support, right?

Ybzij

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi, I just want to say a very little problem. When I use HID to VPad to emulate the Gamepad, I can't access the e-manual (yes. I read them, idk y though). But it does work if you emulate the Pro controller.

That's all. More power to all who create and help this app and I hope I can try the Wii U plugin app. Have a nice day

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I just played Splatoon with an Xbox One controller. What a time to be alive.

I've two questions:
1) I can't use Retroarch with it, correct?
2) Is there any risk of ban if I use it to play Splatoon or Mario Kart 8 online?

Reactions: Zense

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,i actually trying to get an og gamecube controller to emulate a pro controller. The controller is a real one from an old gamecube and the usb adapter is a Yccteam 4 ports hub (best seller from amazon). My issue is : when i start hidtovpad, i click one of the 4 pro controller, press A with the gamepad then if asks to press any button on the controller. I do press all buttons on my gc controller but nothing happens.
I don't think it is related to the 3rd party adapter because it works fine with smash bros for wii u. Any idea on how to fix that?
Thanks in advance.

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I suspect that you will need to write a config file for the adapter to let HID-to-Vpad see it. There is a guide here: https://github.com/Maschell/controller_patcher/wiki/5.d-Controller-|-Adding-new-devices

The first step would be to open the included HID Test program from the Homebrew Launcher and try pressing all the buttons. If they work, you can work out what to put in the config file. If the numbers don't change when you press buttons, you might need to try something else e.g. connecting the adapter to your computer and sending the button presses over using the Network Client.

Hi,i actually trying to get an og gamecube controller to emulate a pro controller. The controller is a real one from an old gamecube and the usb adapter is a Yccteam 4 ports hub (best seller from amazon). My issue is : when i start hidtovpad, i click one of the 4 pro controller, press A with the gamepad then if asks to press any button on the controller. I do press all buttons on my gc controller but nothing happens.
I don't think it is related to the 3rd party adapter because it works fine with smash bros for wii u. Any idea on how to fix that?
Thanks in advance.

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, thanks for looking into my issue. Nothing happens when i use HID test. Do you think it would work with a 1st party gamecube adapter? I have no pc available 24/7 unfortunately :/

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That is what i was thinking, but all the people i asked to (mostly on discord server) told me it was the exact same adapter and components inside
The official one is really expensive nowadays, i honestly didn't think everyone using hidtovpad with a gc controller had it..

Last edited by Jord4n,

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If nothing shows up in HID Test, I am not optimistic about getting it to work with HID to Vpad : (. If you have some access to a PC, you could try the PC version of HID Test: https://github.com/Maschell/HIDtoVPADNetworkClient/releases
I've had better results with the nightly version.

If you can work out what bytes correspond to what button, you could make a config file and maybe it will all just work…

Hi, thanks for looking into my issue. Nothing happens when i use HID test. Do you think it would work with a 1st party gamecube adapter? I have no pc available 24/7 unfortunately :/

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks in advance.
If your adapter have different modes change to wiiu/switch and try again. PC mode is not working with hid to vpad.

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi again, think I have some great news! Juste received another adapter and this one is straight detected! Hidtovpad doesn't see it but HID test does, here is the screenshot of what it says
imgshare.io/image/img-20191218-152752.cxfec

If Thiscan help, the old one was from YCCTeam workingwith ss4,else not detected) and the new one is from Keten (working fine with Wii u, HID test AND Switch)

Last edited by Jord4n,

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So as I said I just got a new adapter which is detected by hid test, vid/pid are the same number as the official adapter but the thing is that numbers on the bottom are not changing when i press the buttons. I don't think it is the adapter's fault because I tried my switch pro controller with hid test and values don't change either, but the controller is detected by hidtovpad and works perfectly..
IMG_20191218_152752.md.jpg

img-20191218-152752.cxfec

Last edited by Jord4n,

emcintosh

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Glad to hear you've got your controller working : ).

I suspect that the buttons are changing bytes greater than 15 - the Wii U HID Test only shows 0-15, but IIRC there can be more that only the PC version will show.

So as I said I just got a new adapter which is detected by hid test, vid/pid are the same number as the official adapter but the thing is that numbers on the bottom are not changing when i press the buttons. I don't think it is the adapter's fault because I tried my switch pro controller with hid test and values don't change either, but the controller is detected by hidtovpad and works perfectly..
IMG_20191218_152752.md.jpg

img-20191218-152752.cxfec

Reactions: Jord4n

Jord4n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks, i managed to get it to work and even customize the controls lol! the double command is a really nice feature!
I have one issue still tho, when i start a wii or gamecube game it asks to select which screen to use but i have to use a wiimote to do that. The cursor of the wiimote is not working so i can't start gamecube games with the gamecube controller, kind of ironic :( Is there a way to fix that?
PS: i use teconmoon to install my games with wup installer

_Shmubby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Is this application able to make it so that a Wii pro controller would be read as a Wii u pro controller? My Brother wants to play local multiplayer on the Wii u but it doesn't support the Wii pro controller and I'm too broke to buy a Wii u pro controller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, The Doom NES cartridges, a few batches were made. One was given to AVGN as...