Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Spawn420

Spawn420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Ended up creating a ini file and only adding the left stick VPAD settings from the magic_joy_box_gamecube ini you’ve provided in the nightly build. Feel like this should be incorporated into the controller folder for the nightly build or a default layout of a gamecube controller ini for people to go off of. I’d post one myself if I had the know how. The tutorial is very convoluted. Especially for someone who doesn’t understand dead zones and min-max etc. just a little description of what it’s sctually changing, and an example 5 with a default layout would help a lot.

2. RacsoSakuraba

RacsoSakuraba GBAtemp Regular

Mar 13, 2016
    Venezuela
    Is it possible to use this tool without having the gamepad? (For example: Using a Wii Remote) That of a friend has battery problems so I wonder that and since I have no wii u so I ask for him

Last edited by RacsoSakuraba, Sep 11, 2019
  3. JCog

JCog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2019
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I've been digging around but can't quite seem to find what I'm looking for. How often exactly does the HID controller get polled/the VPAD data get updated? Is that defined somewhere in the app, or is that controlled by the console itself?

4. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    No because you have to hit a on the gamepad and then start on the gamepad to make the controller work. The only thing that might work is a Pro controller, I say might because I don't have one to try it.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have no idea what you're asking, please clarify. Polled? data get updated?

5. JCog

JCog Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2019
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    Basically, how many times per second does the game loop through checking what buttons are currently pressed? Bare minimum it'd be 60 times per second to keep up with 60 fps games. And more specifically, what controls that?

6. Spawn420

Spawn420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    A lot of 60 fps games on the Wii U?.....think you may have to message the developer on this one. Couldn’t find anything on it myself. My guess is 30 since that’s what Wii U games run at and based on what you said with the 60

Last edited by Spawn420, Sep 12, 2019
  7. Spawn420

Spawn420 Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2017
    United States
    Can anyone tell me what specific setting needs to be added or altered in the config to adjust how hard the joystick needs to be pressed before it registers a hard direction press. Seems like I have to push kinda hard to get link to run in most directions.

8. Dry18

Dry18 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Ecuador
    Can you emulate up to 8 wii u pro controls to play the super smash bros brawl for wii u?

9. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    *facepalm*

-Wii games arent even supported by this
    -Brawl doesnt even support 8 players

10. wolf-snake

wolf-snake GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 5, 2009
    Mexico
    I think he meant Smash 4... as for why he said brawl? Latin Americans tends to do stuff like this with Videogame related stuff names all the time, like referring to Mario the character as Mario Bros.

11. Dry18

Dry18 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 3, 2019
    Ecuador
    Can you emulate up to 8 wii u pro controls to play the super smash bros for wii u?
    I used to play in the Wii, so I keep the previous name

12. jesus96

jesus96 Pinkboi

Sep 2, 2015
    Mexico
    you can make the gamepad emulate as a pro controller?

for example to play NSMBU Multiplayer without that boring bost mode

13. infring

infring Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United Kingdom
    I'm going to ask a dumb question that's probably been answered before but i have searched for it and i cant find anything =/ . is there a way to make hid to vpad work with Loadiine gx 2 games? sorry for asking dumb noob questions :c

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted