Official HID to VPAD

Discussion in 'Wii U - Homebrew' started by Maschell, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Missingphy

Missingphy Pokémon Master, Console Bricker, and more...

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Would you try emulating the Wii U gamepad with the gamepad far enough from the console so that it doesn’t sync? Today I don’t have time, so could you please try it for me? Thanks

2. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Turn off screen burn in reduction in the settings.

Missingphy likes this.
  3. UnholyVivid

UnholyVivid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    United States
    Seems to work. Goes back to Home screen and alt controller works.
    Trying to get this to work in Loadiine, that where the games are I want to use this one.
    But when I try to re-launch HBL I get black screen of death.
    I tried applying patch and then removing the controller folder (from another post) HBL give me black screen of death.

I tired making a shortcut where controller folder is suppose to be and put it in SD root (from another post) Then HID to Pad won't re-map.
    OR how do you make it link?

From another post this is built into loadiine, how to access remap while in loadiine?

4. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    does it work for you?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

it is not possible to start any other homebrew after using hidtovpad until you reboot or you enter the system settings

5. zeldaism

zeldaism GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 19, 2016
    United States
    Yeah. It fixed my issue.

6. UnholyVivid

UnholyVivid Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 22, 2019
    United States
    This version is not working with loadiine, but I just have to include the controller_patcher into loadiine. I released this version ealier because it reaches more people. After some more cleanup/testing I will commit it to my experimental branch and hopefully (and finally) to the main branch.

--> Has this been done?
    How do you use this in loadiine?
    When active, it won't let you launch HBL.
    Is there a work around?

7. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    Loading is not supported, it is not possible to start any other homebrew after using hid to vpad

8. EmulateLife

EmulateLife GBAtemp Psycho!

May 30, 2016
    United States
    This is something I never tried.

Does this work with injects that work with the gamepad? Including Gamecube (Nintendont)

Does Bluetooth work for dual shock 3 or just usb cable?

9. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    1. No, but if your inject supports gamepad it will work
    2. You can use the Mayflash Magic-NS adapter

10. MetoMeto

MetoMeto GBAtemp Regular

Dec 28, 2018
    Japan

11. Lev0104

Lev0104 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 24, 2019
    United States
    Hey I haven't used my wii u in a while and I had this installed. I then used the homebrew app store to update it. I went back to the homebrew launcher to use the app and it will either go back to the homebrew launcher or it will go on a black screen. Thanks for the help:)

12. emcintosh

emcintosh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    I’ve had a couple of problems recently with the App Store. Manual installation is quite straightforward (first page of this thread says ‘Download the zip from github and extract the wiiu folder on your sd card.’). Can you try that?

Last edited by emcintosh, Jul 6, 2019
  13. 98otiss

98otiss uwu

Aug 22, 2015
    Canada
    Metaverse
    i know this is an old thread i apologize but is there any input lag with this? for bluetooth hid or wired xinput/dinput from controllers?

14. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
  15. Ziggatron

Ziggatron Member

Newcomer
    Jul 23, 2016
    can this be put onto the main menu?

16. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    U mean Wii or Wii U?

17. emcintosh

emcintosh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    IIRC you can inject Haxchi into multiple DS games and have one of them launch this rather than the Home Menu.

Change the ‘default=‘ line of the config.txt [only for regular Haxchi, not CBHC! - you can have additional non-cold-boot copies but don’t mess with the CBHC one] - various guides will describe this, e.g. http://www.wiiubru.com/guide/haxchi/.

Last edited by emcintosh, Jul 8, 2019
  18. Missingphy

Oct 7, 2018
    Mexico
    So I can have one legit game, and do the others have to be legit too, or can they be pirated?

19. emcintosh

emcintosh Member

Newcomer
    Dec 4, 2016
    United Kingdom
    One legit, others can be anything.

You need a legitimately purchased game to launch Haxchi to get you into CFW. [Pirated games will fail to launch on the official FW, so you can’t load Haxchi from them, and ignoring all the warnings and installing CBHC in a pirated game will brick your console when next turned on]

Once you’re in CFW, you can run anything you like, including pirated games, so you can use them as additional Haxchi launchers. I’m going to try setting up a shortcut to HID to Vpad this way, using a copy of a DS game I already own as a cartridge.

20. Wakaflocka1017

Wakaflocka1017 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 16, 2014
    France
    Hi, I have a problem and I'm quite confused...
    I hacked my Wii U with Haxchi. When I use Hid-to-Vpad with my Nintendo Switch controller it works... with every Wii U games I installed EXCEPT Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD.

I tried to put the thing on controller n°2, I tried with a DualShock 3 and... nothing. It works with other games but the controller is not recognized by Twilight Princess and Wind Waker.
    Can someone help me? I find this situation to be confusing. I only use my controllers wired (without the application on PC).
    Thanks!

Last edited by Wakaflocka1017, Jul 15, 2019