Gaming hey wii u owners, how do you feel knowing that BotW...

• Thread starter Gadd
  • Start date
  • Views 6,338
  • Replies 74
  • Likes 4

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I don't know. It's working really good how it is currently. I agree for the mao though. Could show a more detailled plan on the gamepad. Otherwise, gameplay is pretty good as it is.

Well it is GOTY for me. I'm just thankful I didn't have to pony up 300 bucks plus tax extra to buy a switch to play it. That would have been the last straw though and nintendo knew it, for ~30 million wii u owners and most loyal customers

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Well it is GOTY for me. I'm just thankful I didn't have to pony up 300 bucks plus tax extra to buy a switch to play it. That would have been the last straw though and nintendo knew it, for ~30 million wii u owners and most loyal customers
300 plus tax? Here I'd have to pay nearly 500, and no game yet.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
To each their own. Your biased hate to Nintendo sure is shining through, though. Not to mention you view anyone who disagrees with your picky opinion as an enemy. Seems to be a lot of that on the temp lately. Exactly why children shouldn't be allowed on the Internet without supervision.

Nice guess on the numbers by the way.

Reactions: VinsCool

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
To each their own. Your biased hate to Nintendo sure is shining through, though. Not to mention you view anyone who disagrees with your picky opinion as an enemy. Seems to be a lot of that on the temp lately. Exactly why children shouldn't be allowed on the Internet without supervision.

Nice guess on the numbers by the way.
Could never be as bad as 03bgood.

Reactions: Kioku

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was playing atari 2600 when your parents were just a gleam in their grandparents eyes!

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wrong, I've read tons of comments regarding how people loved it in the re-released games. Also, it ain't virtual reality, but one is more immersive than the other, cuz it's easier and takes less time away from the flow of the game.
>"You're opinion is wrong"
Eh, what? I mean, it was pretty clear you only created this thread to start something, but really?
Touching and dragging doesn't really sound like something that would get me more involved in the game world. Maybe the (frankly overused) word "immersive" was not the best choice of words, though.
I wouldn't say it's easier if I already have my hands on the stick or button, and some of the best games that involve fast-paced action and on-the-fly weapon switching don't even need a touchscreen to work perfectly ex. Nier or DMC (not just the reboot DmC, because that game kinda sucks)
Maybe someone should put out a tablet and smartphone line with a d pad and buttons, not just for gaming, but to select and control menus, app buttons, open apps, etc. In fact the touchscreen will be completely disabled! Sounds like a winner! Someone needs to run with this!
That doesn't sound terrible. Depending on the screen size, touchscreens can really work against you.
Also, you seem to be thinking of 3DS Monster Hunter games. Menus are dpad only.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>"You're opinion is wrong"
Eh, what? I mean, it was pretty clear you only created this thread to start something, but really?
Touching and dragging doesn't really sound like something that would get me more involved in the game world. Maybe the (frankly overused) word "immersive" was not the best choice of words, though.
I wouldn't say it's easier if I already have my hands on the stick or button, and some of the best games that involve fast-paced action and on-the-fly weapon switching don't even need a touchscreen to work perfectly ex. Nier or DMC (not just the reboot DmC, because that game kinda sucks)

That doesn't sound terrible. Depending on the screen size, touchscreens can really work against you.
Also, you seem to be thinking of 3DS Monster Hunter games. Menus are dpad only.

Yeah, it's called the Nokia N-Gage! good luck with that

Madalone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
"I was playing atari 2600 when your parents were just a gleam in their grandparents eyes!"
you sir, are exactly the reason this forum has an ignore button.

no, i don't mind. i would've liked the map on the gamepad though. that'd been great but hey, there's always the minimap or the map menu..

Last edited by Madalone,

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no, i don't mind. i would've liked the map on the gamepad though. that'd been great but hey, there's always the minimap or the map menu..

Yeah, cuz cluttering up the game screen with maps, fatigue meters, burn meters really adds to the open game world immersion!

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
who would willingly choose to play with the gamepad instead of the pro controller anyway?
immersion!
you keep using this word in both the right and wrong contexts and it doesn't help you make your point

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Also same price ($ 69,99), quite the sneaky bastards at Nintendo. :whip:
I wonder when fanboys will wake up and see how Nintendo is screwing everyone :unsure:

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Also same price ($ 69,99), quite the sneaky bastards at Nintendo. :whip:
I wonder when fanboys will wake up and see how Nintendo is screwing everyone :unsure:
They didn't cut in game content.. Just removed some gimmicky features. Wonder when the tin foil brigade will wake up.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted with switch BotW and HD rumble though...I seriously dig that shit. But wii u is greatest zelda system of all time at the moment, so I can't sell to fund it...I'm up a creek without a paddle!

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I'm tempted with switch BotW and HD rumble though...I seriously dig that shit. But wii u is greatest zelda system of all time at the moment, so I can't sell to fund it...I'm up a creek without a paddle!

I'm jealous cuz I missed out on WWHD.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really hate switching items using the touchscreen in Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Sure, you don't have to pause the game while switching items, but pressing a button combination and then choosing what I need from a menu is way faster for me. Still, the menus could have been built in a more efficient way. But it works and that is what is important. I don't feel the need to complain about such things because other than that I really enjoy the game a lot.

Gadd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really hate switching items using the touchscreen in Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD. Sure, you don't have to pause the game while switching items, but pressing a button combination and then choosing what I need from a menu is way faster for me. Still, the menus could have been built in a more efficient way. But it works and that is what is important. I don't feel the need to complain about such things because other than that I really enjoy the game a lot.

You know what? just because you like one way doesn't mean there shouldn't be the option for others to play another way. One system does not rule out there other, pausing and going to the menu should always be an option, but why do you gotta support nintendo in hampering gamers choice on the matter? That ain't cool

GerbilSoft

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...was purposely crippled so that it wouldn't have aspects better than the Switch release? The only Zelda designed for the Wii U, and they clearly took out weapon and rune switching on the wii u gamepad screen, which is supposed to be our "sheikah slate." They intentionally hampered gameplay to keep Switch babies from whining. I dunno about you, but that really chaps my hide...
I like how you went from "Switch is for babies" to "I can't afford to buy a Switch".
Wow, you guys sure like to drink the kool-aid at the nintendo fan appreciation day picnic! don't like tapping icons and would rather do a series of key presses to do the same thing? I hope you are all running command line *nix OSes...while bill gates and steve jobs get RICH...SUCKERS!!
I quite enjoy using my Linux operating system, though it does have a GUI. Also, I'm not sure if you got the memo, but Steve Jobs died around 5 years ago.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...was purposely crippled so that it wouldn't have aspects better than the Switch release? The only Zelda designed for the Wii U, and they clearly took out weapon and rune switching on the wii u gamepad screen, which is supposed to be our "sheikah slate." They intentionally hampered gameplay to keep Switch babies from whining. I dunno about you, but that really chaps my hide...

Well it isn't hard to realize that the gamepad functions would have killed the framerate of the Wii U version of Breath of the Wild. I mean if you wanted to play Breath of the Wild at 15 FPS, then yes it might have been kind of neat to have those Wii U gamepad functions. But ultimately it was undeniably for the better that they cut them out. Prior to release of the game I was a little annoyed with the idea that functions were being cut, but its pretty clear that it was all for the greater good, so ultimately I'm just fine with it.

Plus since i have both the Switch and the Wii U version and the Switch version plays and looks so much better, that I know I wouldn't bother with the Wii U version even if it did have on the go touch screen inventory management that somehow didn't affect the game's framerate.

Last edited by duffmmann,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Remember to take your meds like AncientBoi.