Hacking Help pointing to the right direction - new owner of mod wii u

brandon916

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just purchased a modded wii u and wanted to be pointed in the right direction. I kind of want to supe this thing up some more.

• Wii U black 32GB
  • Boot up screen shows CBHC by Fix94 (DS title 10179800) Autobooting...
  • System firmware shows 99.99.99U
  • It has 2 drives (1 hard drive with a Y cable loaded with 3 Wii U games, 1 flash drive with 4 Wii games - I need to swap between the two when I want to play certain games)
  • 16GB flash drive (has tons of snes, gx master, gba roms)
Not sure where to begin but there are some stuff I want to do.

1) One is run everything off of one flash drive vs have 2 hard drive. I have a 256GB usb thumb drive I want to fill up with Wii U, Wii and gamecube games. Is this possible?

2) I read some where I can have the wii and gamecube games right in the title screen of the wii u instead of having to load homebrew?

3) I can't read the hard drive with the y cable on my pc but I know it contains wii u games. How do I transfer wii u games to my other 256GB flash drive?

4) Can I swap out my 16gb sd card that is inside the system with a higher flash card like 128/256gb micro sd?

Thanks

Litle_Bird

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
1) Even nintendo has stated that you should not use flashdrives for the Wii U, they will be prematurely worn due to how the Wii U treats them

2) Yes, Wii VC injector https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-wiivc-injector-script-gc-wii-homebrew-support.483577/

3) No, the Wii U formats a drive in its own format which windows won't recognize. Secondly, you don't want a flashdrive.

4) Yes, you can do that perfectly fine, just format the SD to FAT32 before. You'll ned to do it with a tool like GUIFormat

brandon916

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Ok, I won't go with a thumb drive and get a portable hard drive instead.

2) Thanks.

5) Can I put both Wii U, Wii and Gamecube games on the same hard drive (y cable)?

6) If I swap out the SD card for micro sd? If I format it to FAT32, that will limit the roms to 4GB max right? If I can't put Wii and GC games on the hard drive. Can I put them on the Micro SD? What do I do with title above 4GB?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

BTW, On the login screen i see CBHC 1.6 by FIX94 (DS title 10179800) Autobooting... but I don't see any DS title on the system. What does this mean?

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
BTW, On the login screen i see CBHC 1.6 by FIX94 (DS title 10179800) Autobooting... but I don't see any DS title on the system. What does this mean?
It means Coldboot Haxchi is installed.

:!: Please do some reading. There are some things you definitely may not do - or your Wii U will become a useless paperweight. :!:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is-haxchi-or-cbhc-faqs-and-info.453729/
  • Never delete the Nintendo ID that bought the title used for CBHC.
  • Never format/factory reset the console before uninstalling CBHC.
  • Never delete the title used for CBHC.
  • Never move the CBHC title to a USB device.

Last edited by KleinesSinchen,

brandon916

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It means Coldboot Haxchi is installed.

:!: Please do some reading. There are some things you definitely may not do - or your Wii U will become a useless paperweight. :!:

• Never delete the Nintendo ID that bought the title used for CBHC.
  • Never format/factory reset the console before uninstalling CBHC.
  • Never delete the title used for CBHC.
  • Never move the CBHC title to a USB device.

How would I know which title was used for CBHC? I don't see any DS title at all. Thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.