Homebrew Help please! Safea9lhinstaller.... "error firm0.bin doesn't exist or has a wrong size"

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is what my sd card looks like!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 9.21.26 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 9.21.26 PM.png
    271.9 KB · Views: 390

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you see my screenshot the only difference is the order!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah like the error message, you don't have 4 .bin in your a9lh folder, you missed them from the guide
wait where would that be what download?

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wonder if that is it all along thanks for being so supportive!

Those 4 payload files are already in that folder I'm so lost!

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yes that screenshot I do see is wrong man I'm losing it man you guys are the best! I'm such a noob!

Updated screenshot same error think my 3ds just doesn't want cfw!

I downgraded from 11.2 to install CFW that has nothing to do with this error as well right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.06.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.06.14 PM.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 255

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I downgraded from 11.2 to install CFW that has nothing to do with this error as well right?
No, I did a 2.1.0 ctrtransfer from 11.0 and installed a9lh fine, as did many other people.

Updated screenshot same error think my 3ds just doesn't want cfw!
I honestly believe the issue may stem from the (un)archiver you're using, or the fact that you're using a Mac. I see a lot of 'random' errors like this from Mac users. Sorry I can't help more.

Also, the fact that you're not getting an otp.bin is also troubling. You are on 2.1.0, right? Are you successfully booting into safea9lhinstaller?

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here I'll do another screenshot of my entire sd card.... how should the contents of safea9 be setup? Am I missing anything in this one?

I have bootcamp man maybe I should retry the process on Windows 10? Guess Macs don't play well with 3DS's or something? Never thought like it but definitely a good idea!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.12.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-01-04 at 10.12.36 PM.png
    8.7 KB · Views: 262

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Here I'll do another screenshot of my entire sd card.... how should the contents of safea9 be setup? Am I missing anything in this one?
You don't need the .3dsx (or .smdh); you need to run it through the browser. Please just follow the guide.

I have bootcamp man maybe I should retry the process on Windows 10? Guess Macs don't play well with 3DS's or something? Never thought like it but definitely a good idea!
Maybe. Worth a shot, I suppose.

tbclandot

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I boot into safe9installer and then get said error message every time luckily I'm careful so I don't brick but not fun being stuck on 2.1 XD

Xiphiidae I really appreciate you man it means a lot! Will try again tomorrow don't want to brick my new 3DS from being too tired and aggravated lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!