Help, I set GodMode9 as firm0

toyboxjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was trying to follow instructions to set up the open_agb_firm firmware on my homescreen. It asks to set godmode9 as firm0, which I think I did, but now when i turn on my system, it shows the godmode screen asking to change my date then goes directly to 3ds homescreen, which makes godmode9 unusable.

I kind of just want it back the way it was, without godmode starting first every restart, but with godmode unusable, im not sure how to fix this. Please help :(

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I kind of just want it back the way it was, without godmode starting first every restart, but with godmode unusable, im not sure how to fix this. Please help
Hmm...my thought would be to flash another .firm into firm0. This can be every .firm file out there. Fastboot3ds, boot9strap or even luma3ds itself. Why not trying one of these?

toyboxjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I go about this? Im not very savvy but can follow instructions.
Post automatically merged:

Hmm...my thought would be to flash another .firm into firm0. This can be every .firm file out there. Fastboot3ds, boot9strap or even luma3ds itself. Why not trying one of these?
How can I do this? Im not sure what Im doing but can follow instructions.

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How can I go about this? Im not very savvy but can follow instructions.
Post automatically merged:

How can I do this? Im not sure what Im doing but can follow instructions.

Copy boot9strap installer firm to the root of your sd and rename to boot.firm put boot9strap firm and the sha file in a folder called boot9strap on the root of your sd card.

If godmode9 is booting the boot.firm from the sd card you will boot into boot9strap installer, when you are finished you can put the boot.firm from luma back on your sd card.

toyboxjr

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Copy boot9strap installer firm to the root of your sd and rename to boot.firm put boot9strap firm and the sha file in a folder called boot9strap on the root of your sd card.

If godmode9 is booting the boot.firm from the sd card you will boot into boot9strap installer, when you are finished you can put the boot.firm from luma back on your sd card.
youre a beast, thank you. it worked.

• Love
Reactions: User154 and impeeza

starlightbotanist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you got your 3ds working again, but did you ever get the open agb firm launcher working? I am trying to get it working now and it just won't. I was about to set GM9 as firm0 but now I'm afraid to try it since you had this issue. Thanks!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you got your 3ds working again, but did you ever get the open agb firm launcher working? I am trying to get it working now and it just won't. I was about to set GM9 as firm0 but now I'm afraid to try it since you had this issue. Thanks!
use fastboot. you can assign any .firm to any button.

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
On Boot9strap 3DS you can boot any firmware. using keys, Put them in SD:luma/payloads and name them X_nnnnnnn.firm Y_nnnnnnn.firm A_nnnnnnn.firm and B_nnnnn.firm. So each one can be booted pressing the corresponding button at startup

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
On Boot9strap 3DS you can boot any firmware. using keys, Put them in SD:luma/payloads and name them X_nnnnnnn.firm Y_nnnnnnn.firm A_nnnnnnn.firm and B_nnnnn.firm. So each one can be booted pressing the corresponding button at startup
That may be the case, but I understand the OP is seeking to use the Open AGB Launcher, which in turn requires Godmode9 or Fastboot instead of boot9strap.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That may be the case, but I understand the OP is seeking to use the Open AGB Launcher, which in turn requires Godmode9 or Fastboot instead of boot9strap.
Then is as easy as read the guide instructed on that link and complete the steps:

Usage:
  • Follow this guide.
  • Set FastBoot3DS or GodMode9 as your Firm0, B9S won't do.
  • If using FastBoot3DS, enable FCRAM boot.
  • Download the latest open_agb_firm, rename it to "GBA.firm", and place it in the root of your SD card.
If there's no "GBA.firm", it also looks for "open_agb_firm.firm" under "/luma/payloads/".

Guide https://gbatemp.net/threads/open_agb_firm-discussion-thread.570844/#post-9149895

you don't need to open a new thread asking something what already was answered on another thread. this is a X, Y paradigm, you ask how to do X but you really need Y in order to get Z, but as you ask X you get answers for X...

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you don't need to open a new thread asking something what already was answered on another thread. this is a X, Y paradigm, you ask how to do X but you really need Y in order to get Z, but as you ask X you get answers for X...
The OP was asking about something entirely different.

This is the part I'm struggling with. I can't seem to find any specific info about the steps to do this. Any input is appreciated.
Have you searched for any threads about fastboot3ds?
https://gbatemp.net/threads/updating-from-b9s-to-fastboot3ds.494773/

Fastboot3ds probably works fine, but people don't seem to be as experienced with it and if you do run into problems, you may have difficulty getting assistance. Seems like a steep price to pay just for more shortcuts on your Home menu.

Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-