Another help request - My 3ds doesn't turn on

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
First of all, thanks in advance for helping. I've been looking for help for a few weeks and I'm not making any progress. If you notice something strange in how I write, it's because I use Google Translate.

At the end of August I decided to update Luma to the latest version. After doing so, I saw that the console did not turn on, so I reinstalled it. The result was the same, so I decided to do a CTRTransfer. Before continuing, I want to emphasize that it did not enter godmode the first time, even if I waited a little, the console always made one or two attempts to turn on and then turn off. Once the CTRTransfer was done, I went to Settings, to find that the console suddenly turned off and I returned to the starting point.

To tell the truth it got worse. I tried CTRTransfer again, but on several attempts the process was interrupted. When I achieved a second success, the console turned off again and returned to the starting point. After this the console does not respond to almost anything. If I try to do CTRTransfer, it doesn't turn on normally, it doesn't open godmode or luma. If I renew the files, the same. If I insert an empty card, I achieve nothing. If I format the SD cards in several ways (I have used 4) I achieve the same thing: nothing. It is true that, on very rare occasions, I access the Luma menu through the recovery mode button combination, but it ends up sending me a "Cannot mount the NAND card" message.

I asked for help on discord a couple of times. The first to a technical service channel, with which we got nowhere, and the second to the homebrew server, where I don't seem to have fully understood my problem.

So I will dedicate a paragraph exclusively to the problem, so that it is clear for the good people who try to help me. What now happens to my new nintendo 3ds xl is that it does not turn on, it does not open godmode or luma, when I insert an SD card to apply scripts it does not turn on, when I insert an empty SD card it does not turn on, when I format the SD card and renew the files, very exceptionally Luma reacts.

And for those who wonder. The battery is charged. I see how the blue LED turns on and off.

I also add that I have read somewhere that there are times when the LEDs shine in other colors to identify the program. Mine doesn't do that. The console also does not make any noise when it is turned off. I had one in the past that did have a similar problem and I know what it sounds like.

If I sound very formal in this text, it is because I am tired of looking for solutions and I am already considering selling it to those who are interested in spare parts and financing another one.

Thanks again for reading this and helping me.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Your 3DS is permanently bricked. You need to do a hardmod to restore the NAND backup that you had created prior to doing those modifications.

In regards to updating Luma3DS, you must be running an extremely older version. Do update arm9loaderhax to boot9strap, since the Luma3DS team obsoleted this ages ago.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that thing is bricked unless you can hardmod and have a nand backup to restore. There are really only 2 reasons why the latest luma wasn't running.
  1. The system was still running Arm9LoaderHax (A9LH)
  2. The system was running a version of Boot9Strap (B9S) older than 1.2
Luma deprecated A9LH with version 7.1, Luma 8.0 and higher requires B9S 1.2. Basically it was either running A9LH or a very old version of B9S.

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Your 3DS is permanently bricked. You need to do a hardmod to restore the NAND backup that you had created prior to doing those modifications.

In regards to updating Luma3DS, you must be running an extremely older version. Do update arm9loaderhax to boot9strap, since the Luma3DS team obsoleted this ages ago.
How can I make a hardmod?

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Yeah that thing is bricked unless you can hardmod and have a nand backup to restore. There are really only 2 reasons why the latest luma wasn't running.
  1. The system was still running Arm9LoaderHax (A9LH)
  2. The system was running a version of Boot9Strap (B9S) older than 1.2
Luma deprecated A9LH with version 7.1, Luma 8.0 and higher requires B9S 1.2. Basically it was either running A9LH or a very old version of B9S.
I would rule out that it is the second one, because I hacked the console last year.

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Why are you guys suggesting hardmods? If they have a valid NAND backup, all they need is an ntrboot cart. There's pretty much no reason to do a 3DS hardmod nowadays
Post automatically merged:

So I will dedicate a paragraph exclusively to the problem, so that it is clear for the good people who try to help me. What now happens to my new nintendo 3ds xl is that it does not turn on, it does not open godmode or luma, when I insert an SD card to apply scripts it does not turn on, when I insert an empty SD card it does not turn on, when I format the SD card and renew the files, very exceptionally Luma reacts.
Anyways, if Luma3DS sometimes reacts, try dropping the arm9loaderhax.bin file from Luma v7.0.5 and the boot.firm file from Luma3DS v7.1 onto the root of your SD card. Tell us what version boots, if any

Last edited by Dionicio3,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Why are you guys suggesting hardmods? If they have a valid NAND backup, all they need is an ntrboot cart. There's pretty much no reason to do a 3DS hardmod nowadays

Anyways, if Luma3DS sometimes reacts, try dropping the arm9loaderhax.bin file from Luma v7.0.5 and the boot.firm file from Luma3DS v7.1 onto the root of your SD card. Tell us what version boots, if any
It hasn't worked. I have tried it on two SD cards and the console still does not turn on

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
A hardmod won't help you if you got a mcu brick, most brick can be fixed via ntrboothax.
First, I didn't try Hardmode, but rather the alternative that Dionicio suggested.
Second, what is a mcu brick?
And three, what is ntrboothax?
I'm getting lost in so much stuff

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, I didn't try Hardmode, but rather the alternative that Dionicio suggested.
Second, what is a mcu brick?
And three, what is ntrboothax?
I'm getting lost in so much stuff

MCU is the micro controller unit, basically the brain of the 3ds, if you try to power on the unit it flash one light and then turn off it is not a mcu brick, if it doesn't turn on at all it is mcu brick.

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
MCU is the micro controller unit, basically the brain of the 3ds, if you try to power on the unit it flash one light and then turn off it is not a mcu brick, if it doesn't turn on at all it is mcu brick.
But I don't suffer from a mcu brick. Point out that the console turns on, with an LED, then turns off and hardly reacts to anything

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you should go buy a flashcart

I already have a compatible ntrboothax flashcart lmao 😂😂😂 beside I don't have a bricked 3ds, and I already have a hard modded new 3ds.

20220314_162406.jpg

1695730062844.png

Last edited by Hayato213,

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I already have a compatible ntrboothax flashcart lmao 😂😂😂 beside I don't have a bricked 3ds, and I already have a hard modded new 3ds.

20220314_162406.jpg

1695730062844.png
Stupid translator. I meant that I should buy a flashcart :rofl::rofl:
Post automatically merged:

What flashcart do you recommend in relation to quality and price?

Last edited by Wellsi,

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The four I use for review have gone through RMPrep and guideformat. Fat32 is not the problem

1696366103734.png
1696366171761.png
1696366140510.png
1696366200615.png

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Small update: an Ace3DS X is already on the way to do the ntrboothax. If it works well, if not it will help me unlock the console I bought with the money I earn from selling it for parts

Reactions: anotherthing

Wellsi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
New Update: Toda
y arrive the Ace3DS X flashcard. It work, the 3ds boot up, but saying this.
What´s the next Step?
20231120_211246.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto