Help me build THE ULTIMATE WIIU!!

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
both will share the 1A. Before it was fixed to 500mA. Now they sharte the 2x500mA. So one can take 900mA for example, while the other takes 100mA.
At least that's the theory, it could be a little less than 1A if the load is not shared equally between the two OCP chips (if one has a higher resistance or something like that.

Reactions: jul16ares

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
both will share the 1A. Before it was fixed to 500mA. Now they sharte the 2x500mA. So one can take 900mA for example, while the other takes 100mA.
At least that's the theory, it could be a little less than 1A if the load is not shared equally between the two OCP chips (if one has a higher resistance or something like that.
Can I have have internal ssd mod (256Go) and hdd in the same time on rear ports ?
I am testing right now but it seems that my ssd M.2 SATA don't want to get power (if my joints are ok)...

Last edited by jul16ares,

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you install an SSD internally It might make sense to bypass the OCP for that so you have the full 1A on the USB ports.

Reactions: jul16ares

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

I am trying to build

the
ULTIMATE
WiiU!

I am looking for ideas. I am interested in narrowing down

• The BEST hardware. What HDD is best? SD? Power solutions?
  • The BEST software. What's the most complete setup? I want to utilze all possible emulators, Homebrew..
  • The BEST Physical Mods. What is the best replacement battery? What is the best replacement housing? Can I improve the screen? Can i improve the gamepad range?
  • The BEST Accessories. What is the must have addons? Thinking of a tpu shell and some screen protectors. Charging stands

I am newish to WiiU but I'm reasonably well read on the subject and I'm looking to see what the great minds have to say.

I want all the bells and whistles. Atomic purple flashing blinking loud with all the games.

All of them.

I currently have a WD 2TB USB 3.0 elements with a y cable. For wiiu stuff and a 5 TB WD p10 gamedrive formated FAT32 in a single partition for the wii/gc stuff.

What do I need?

I appreciate anyone and everyones opinions and help!

Have you considered this mod to improve game pad reception?

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So up picture is for rear ports and down picture is for front ports ?
Yes.
but have 1A on one port availible, which is more than the USB3.0 Standard wants
There are confirmed cases where 1 A wasn't enough for a HDD.
Also you forgot that your solution would still share these 1 A between the two ports. So you couldn't use two HDDs, one for Wii U and one for vWii, for example.
So you still have the OCP
A lot of people did the mod now and all Wii Us are still alive.

Reactions: Blythe93

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty