Help me build THE ULTIMATE WIIU!!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Toshiba? Okay. 64GB max? I wonder if my Wii LAN adapter will work.

Unlimiting the USB ports looks awesome. I ordered a powered USB Hub for the WiiU. I have been using one on the Switch for years. This looks better.
Wii LAN adapters are USB 1.1, not ideal for an "Ultimate Wii U"

I think for an ultimate mod an internal HDD/SSD would be key.
Bigger gamepad battery (there is plenty of space for a bigger lipo pouch)
Hardware power switch for the gamepad. The gamepad battery drains way too fast when turned off because it's never really off, this would solve that. Letting the gamepad battery drain constantly is also bad for the battery.
USB-C charging.
RGB :)
Case mods? Acrylic window or something.
Internal gamecube ports (someone has done it, although it's not the prettiest job: )
Just some ideas.

There is a way around the 300 title limit using multiple profiles each with a different set of 300 titles visible: https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-is...itle-limit-in-2020.569027/page-2#post-9118849

• Wow
Reactions: Blythe93

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
i'm about to mod mine to , jus received my 256SD Samsung micro sd card with adapter so i can store my vWii wbf games on it. Also gonna use a 128gb sandisk USB thumbdrive for lager games. That should do it. Don't want another powered hdd connected to my console.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
i'm about to mod mine to , jus received my 256SD Samsung micro sd card with adapter so i can store my vWii wbf games on it. Also gonna use a 128gb sandisk USB thumbdrive for lager games. That should do it. Don't want another powered hdd connected to my console.
Flash drives don't work well with Wii or Wii U. They usually don't work at all with USB loaders/Wii games (you might get lucky and find one that works but it's more likely that it won't) and there are reports of them dying prematurely when used in Wii U mode.

darky2003

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Belgium
Flash drives don't work well with Wii or Wii U. They usually don't work at all with USB loaders/Wii games (you might get lucky and find one that works but it's more likely that it won't) and there are reports of them dying prematurely when used in Wii U mode.
i'm finaly done, succesfullly modded my wii! love it how all my wii games are stored on my sd and the wiiu games do work from my usb thumbstick:D (i'im using a microsd usb adapter with a scandisk 128Gb Microsdcard)

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wii LAN adapters are USB 1.1, not ideal for an "Ultimate Wii U"
Source?
All I find says it's USB 2.0. Also the Wii and Wii U LAN Adapter have the exact same chipset inside (ASIX AX88772), so this would mean a Wii U LAN Adapter is USB 1.1, too, but that can't be as I'm reaching higher speeds than USB 1.1 can deliver. Lastly the datasheet of the ASIX AX88772 says this:
Code:
 • USB specification 1.0 and 1.1 and 2.0 compliant
 • Supports USB Full and High Speed modes with Bus power capability
 • High  performance  packet  transfer  rate  over  USB  bus  using  proprietary  burst  transfer  mechanism  (submitted for US patent application)
(Source: https://pdf1.alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/153087/ASIX/AX88772.html )

//EDIT: Also Wii U LAN Adapters don't exist. It's just the Wii LAN Adapter in a new box:
1687859262657.png

https://en-americas-support.nintend...how-to-connect-a-wii-lan-adapter-to-the-wii-u

Last edited by V10lator,
Reactions: SDIO and Blythe93

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I’ve been using a Kingston usb 3 drive for YEARS now
I had 2 Kingston and Sandisk died on me back in the days.
From this and a ton of other data collected last years I'm slowly concluding that old (7 years plus) flash media definitely gets killed but modern one has a chance, depending on the FTL firmware.

Still trying to confirm this through, so take it with a grain of salt.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From this and a ton of other data collected last years I'm slowly concluding that old (7 years plus) flash media definitely gets killed but modern one has a chance, depending on the FTL firmware.

Still trying to confirm this through, so take it with a grain of salt.
Maybe I just got lucky but my Duracell one I got the same week galaxy 2 released (parents wouldn’t buy me games but a flash drive was fine for “school”)

So that’s def more than 7 years

I just think flash memory had improved a lot assuming you don’t get some bottom of the barrel trash

Ettino

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just think flash memory had improved a lot assuming you don’t get some bottom of the barrel trash
Some folks recommended high endurance both micro and normal sd card. I've only used them for my GoPro and other camera stuff but not the console, so YMMV. Plus consider how Wii U OS works, I would rather not deal with wasted time and data again. Like 50-60 hrs of BOTW just gone, it was painful.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think a ultimate Wii U would have at least the maximum internal storage supported by stock IOSU...

View attachment IMG_20230701_064210.jpg

with defuse and the right patch it should even go higher :)
Post automatically merged:

View attachment IMG_20230702_021647.jpg
Ultimate would be 2TB, but I can't find a 2TB micro SD. Also the system is snappier without scfm, at least from my feeling

Last edited by SDIO,

Blythe93

The Treasure Tracker
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I just saw the Wii U internal storage upgrade thread and it really looks promising. Having bigger internal HDD without rendering one of your USB ports unusable is a really nice, highly desirable feature to be had. It eliminates the need for all those external HDDs you need to hook up in order to have your collection available at any time. Looking forward to see how it'll turn out. ^^

• Love
Reactions: impeeza

jul16ares

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think a ultimate Wii U would have at least the maximum internal storage supported by stock IOSU...

View attachment 381146

with defuse and the right patch it should even go higher :)
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 381242
Ultimate would be 2TB, but I can't find a 2TB micro SD. Also the system is snappier without scfm, at least from my feeling
SD card are this reliable, on os afaik known for many disk access ?

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would rather just bridge the Power of the two Ports together. So you still have the OCP, but have 1A on one port availible, which is more than the USB3.0 Standard wants, so it should be enough to run a HDD off of that.

SDIO

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just connect the two ceramic caps together instead of connecting them to the big pad nearh the polymer cap

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol