1. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    system config tool can surpass the limit or you can use multiple hdds. however, with multiple hdds, the games will be unsorted whenever you plug in a new device. it won't happen if you simply unplug the drive, only when you plug in a new one. I think the indexer is being rebuilt or something.

2. snoofly

snoofly GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Basic steps of the tuned process (refer my older posts for context) from top of my head
    1. have only one user on wiiu
    2. set this up to have EXACTLY 300 titles. check this by deleting an entry one by one until nag disappears
    3. make a second user
    4. using ftpiiuanywhere, copy the barista from user 1 to user 2
    5. check all is fine by rebooting and checking both user 1 and 2 are identical and work ok
    6. now you’re free to add more titles to your wiiu hard drive, noting the title ids, and OVERWRITE entries from the user 2 barista to point to the new title ids. Use Yardapes barista layout post for this

Tip: to start, just install one more title and do this for one entry and check all is still good with the new title showing.
    then repeat ad nauseam for up to 10 users and 3000 titles
    Tip 2- don’t use folders until everything is installed - makes it a lot easier to edit the files. You can folder up once your cool with your setup at the end.

3. Filo97

Filo97 Pink = Best colour

Italy
    If I recall correctly, there's a way to use Loadiine with a USB HDD, but the method evades me.

hectichobo likes this.
  4. HRudyPlayZ

HRudyPlayZ The panda god that does everything

France
    You can either use the multiple users technique as snoofly does (needs you to modify system files, can be a bit tricky to manage), use Loadiine GX2 (Will allow you to install more than 300 titles, although, you would need a big SDCard) (You can use Mocha to have your disk as a FAT32 "sdcard" but that has some incompatibilities and that wouldn't allow you to use it in your home menu).

I would also recommend to lower your titles amount: Use RetroArch instead of VCs for your emulation needs (or install them in Loadiine, on your SDCard) (you can create forwarders for a cleaner setup), install your vWii / Gamecube titles inside USBLoaderGX2, Nintendont... (needs another hard drive for your vWii, but you might already know that), you can use forwarders for your Wii U homemenu and to use your gamepad on some titles.

5. Der_Blockbuster

Der_Blockbuster GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Germany
    I'm actually interested in this method. As far as how it actually works.

6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    don't know. I don't have over 300 titles. I have like 265. it's not so much the garbage games being installed, but when or if the system ever fails, having to reinstall all that seems like a waste (have a second wii u for when 5.3.2 was the highest exploitable). I lost a ps3 and a 360 external hdd (one for each), losing hundreds of games, so now I only install what I plan to play. of those 265 titles, I bought 76 of them. the other stuff is mostly crap, but it's installed, so it doesn't matter much to uninstall them. plus, I have a 2TB hdd. if you plan on using the system config tool method, it's just a long list. I used system config tool to install my games rather than wup as well as back up saves (version I have can't restore them). there's an option to restore them that I saw in one of the pics, but the option doesn't exist for the one punderino sent me. I told him about it, and he said that it must be the version. I think he has a newer version where you can install saves, but I'm just using saviine. saves are more thoroughly backed up with system config tool too (i.e. icons and whatnot are backed up too).

7. depaul

depaul GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I'm not answering your question, but if you have too many games :
    -You can use Retroarch for all VC based games.
    -You can use loadiine for all DS games

I'm sure you won't reach the 300 games limit

hectichobo likes this.
  8. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    there's a forwarder for loadiine if you need it. I don't know where it is, but I have it installed. looks like I only kept forwards of nintendont, usb loader gx, and system config tool on my pc.

9. bootmonster

bootmonster GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I have "proper" Wii U games on the HDD, and load Virtual Console games from Loadiine

10. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    the barista file might be the indexer. however, i know there's a file called iirc version.bin which remembers the update version of installed titles to prevent downgrading unless you hex of course. I'm not sure which file is the indexer.

11. replicashooter

replicashooter GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Threads like this highlight why piracy is bad.

12. rommy667

rommy667 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Its not biracy its preservation :)

hectichobo likes this.
  13. hectichobo

OP hectichobo Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Does Loadiine have a title limit? I have never used it. Can I actually use it with an HDD or is it strictly for SD cards?

I have slimmed down my title # considerably after deleting my NES, SNES, GBA, and N64 injects. I now use Retroarch (which I'm happy with) and the N64 emulator (kinda ugly and clunky) as a replacement. Still feel I could easily reach 300 titles again though. The vast majority of my games are ds, gamecube, and wii injects, with a handful of Wii U games. Really, my whole problem with this is that I had all of my games organized by alphabetically in series folders on the home menu in a really convenient way. For example, I had a Mario folder with every injectable mario game, a zelda folder with every injectable zelda game, etc.

I'd probably just end up using USBLoader through VWii if I caved and got another HDD. I thought of this but don't like the idea of having to switch HDDs.

I'm interested in this if true.

Sounds pretty easily done, however I'm a little iffy on how to do it as I've never used ftpiiuanywhere. Would I need to use it every time I installed new titles to overwrite entries from the barista? Is there by any chance a video tutorial on how to do this?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

:teach::shit:

Der_Blockbuster likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - easiest, surpass, title