Homebrew Help Lost Homebrew Channle and games Still Have Haxchi CFW

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello. My USB flash drive gotten corrupted while I was playing a game and so I lost my Homebrew Channel. The method I use to get home brew was Downloading a DS game from the Wii u shop. If I download The same DS game again and use the same method to convert the DS game back to Homebrew Channel, will that work safely. Also formatted my USB flash drive. I still have Haxchi installed. Or is it better to buy a new different DS game for Homebrew Channle.

Thanks for at least reading this.

Last edited by SamuraiPizzaCat,

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes you can just re-download your DS game from the e-shop and re-install Haxchi(which in your case you were using as a homebrew launcher). You'll need to use a web browser exploit to reinstall Haxchi once you've got the DS game again. This guide might help you: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

Ok thanks I still have the haxichi CFW installed but If I can just redownlaod game and re do the homebrew install I will do that. Thanks.
Yes you can just re-download your DS game from the e-shop and re-install Haxchi(which in your case you were using as a homebrew launcher). You'll need to use a web browser exploit to reinstall Haxchi once you've got the DS game again. This guide might help you: https://wiiu.hacks.guide/

OK thanks I still have CBHC 1.6 CFW install. So just run Haxhi agian after downloading game thanks for the help. Wish I new how the thanks button works on here

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using CBHC 1.6 CFW system update number 999999 it says in system menu now I have to up date console to access e-shop in order to download DS game again.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't do that until you uninstall cbhc. boot it from the cbhc screen. when it says "autobooting," press the home button to get into hbl, uninstall cbhc, then delete the game and redownload it. it doesn't sound like that's the problem though. your haxchi game is probably on the internal flash which won't be affected by formatting the hdd or flash drive.

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't do that until you uninstall cbhc. boot it from the cbhc screen. when it says "autobooting," press the home button to get into hbl, uninstall cbhc, then delete the game and redownload it. it doesn't sound like that's the problem though. your haxchi game is probably on the internal flash which won't be affected by formatting the hdd or flash drive.

Thats the problem i dont have homebrew luncher at all, not even on reboot. it gives me a - 5 when try.

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
minus errors suggest that the sd card is the problem.

Thanks for all the help. That's it though I no longer have the DS game on console. I even check the data manager game no where to be seen on internal memory.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

minus errors suggest that the sd card is the problem.

Thanks for all the help. That's it though I no longer have the DS game on console. I even check the data manager game no where to be seen on internal memory.

Sorry I am also tired here lol. So I do not need the DS ggame on console at all to uninstall CBHC 1.6 correct?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am using CBHC 1.6 CFW system update number 999999 it says in system menu now I have to up date console to access e-shop in order to download DS game again.
Be careful with reinstalling Haxchi if you have CBHC. Reinstalling it over the wrong game will cause the console to boot Haxchi instead of CBHC on boot and you'll be unable to access the CBHC menu and change the settings, and you'll only be able to run things that are in Haxchi's config.txt, it shouldn't brick you but it's still risky.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry I am also tired here lol. So I do not need the DS ggame on console at all to uninstall CBHC 1.6 correct?
You still have the DS game, otherwise you would have been bricked.
You can get into HBL directly from the CBHC boot menu but then you won't be in CFW so you'll be unable to run anything that requires CFW or install titles with a fake ticket.
Instead you can use the browser exploit to get into HBL and install the HBL channel version.
Alternatively you can run the CBHC "Don't touch" title to get into HBL.

You don't need to have both CBHC and Haxchi, as long as you install the HBL channel version.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,
Reactions: SamuraiPizzaCat

SamuraiPizzaCat

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be careful with reinstalling Haxchi if you have CBHC. Reinstalling it over the wrong game will cause the console to boot Haxchi instead of CBHC on boot and you'll be unable to access the CBHC menu and change the settings, and you'll only be able to run things that are in Haxchi's config.txt, it shouldn't brick you but it's still risky.

You still have the DS game, otherwise you would have been bricked.
You can get into HBL directly from the CBHC boot menu but then you won't be in CFW so you'll be unable to run anything that requires CFW or install titles with a fake ticket.
Instead you can use the browser exploit to get into HBL and install the HBL channel version.
Alternatively you can run the CBHC "Don't touch" title to get into HBL.

You don't need to have both CBHC and Haxchi, as long as you install the HBL channel version.

Ah ok Thanks and sorry about the double posting. So then If I still have game but is no where to be seen on internal memory or on the main menu will re running hbhc or web exploit version bring back home brew channel on main menu and how do I access home shop channel if i need to down load game again? Keeps telling me to up date.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Ah ok Thanks and sorry about the double posting. So then If I still have game but is no where to be seen on internal memory or on the main menu will re running hbhc or web exploit version bring back home brew channel on main menu and how do I access home shop channel if i need to down load game again? Keeps telling me to up date.
CBHC will just show as "don't touch".
You can install the HBL channel like I said. It's on the Github page. No need for Haxchi.
For the reference you need to use nnupatcher to access eShop.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Anybody here have a Xbox series S and a series X, is the performance difference noticeable? I...