Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello..

I am at the point of the guide in which I am supposed to be doing this:

Section V - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  4. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
I am at step 4 but in that menu there nothing listed but the hs.app dumped from the prior step.

On the SD card in the \files9\ directory I have:
  1. Copy the contents of fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip to the /files9/ folder on your SD card
and they are all listed there, in particular "FBI_v2.4.2_N3DS_USA_injectable" is right there on the card when I put it back in my PC to check. On the 3DS though nothing at all shows up in the injection list after pushing the left, right, up, left, a key combo. The menu comes up as follows:

58QXTcD.jpg

What should I do?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hello..

I am at the point of the guide in which I am supposed to be doing this:

Section V - Injecting FBI
  1. Open Hourglass9 from arm9loaderhax by holding (Start) on boot
  2. Go to “SysNAND Backup/Restore”, then select the “Health&Safety Dump” option to dump Health & Safety to hs.app (you can use Up and Down / Left and Right to change the name)
  3. Press (B), then select the “Health&Safety Inject” option
  4. Select the FBI injectable .app for your region
I am at step 4 but in that menu there nothing listed but the hs.app dumped from the prior step.

On the SD card in the \files9\ directory I have:
  1. Copy the contents of fbi-2.4.2-injectable.zip to the /files9/ folder on your SD card
and they are all listed there, in particular "FBI_v2.4.2_N3DS_USA_injectable" is right there on the card when I put it back in my PC to check. On the 3DS though nothing at all shows up in the injection list after pushing the left, right, up, left, a key combo. The menu comes up as follows:

58QXTcD.jpg

What should I do?
What firmware are you on? The file given in the guide won't work unless you're on 11.2.
If you want to inject FBI without updating then use my tool (you will need Java installed): http://quantumc.at/InjectorHelper.jar. After dumping your hs.app, put the jar file on your SD card root while it is plugged into your computer, then double-click it. Choose oldor new FBI and click Go. It will run Universal Inject Generator and put the resulting file in the right location. Then you can put your SD card back in your 3DS and try injecting again.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Much better way to inject FBI is just to import it with a 3dsx.

1. Select the last option, "Patch ....", on the luma config menu. Then go to hbmenu and use the .3dsx version of FBI to import the .cia version. Baffled people still use the hacky injection technique.

BriansCar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uhh... turns out I was just dimwitted and didn't see the words in front of my face that said to use the arrow keys to navigate to other files.

I pushed them and saw the right FBI file and it all went smoothly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.