UnitTestBed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hope everyone's doing well!

I put CFW on my new JPN 3ds xl. It worked great for a while. Changed the Region to the US, Added games, and added some new themes. I flashed with a 32 GB micro sd, upgraded to 128, and formatted it to FAT 32. One day my 3DS games disappeared from the home screen, but my ds and Gameboy games were still there. I saw that the SD card could have been corrupted and died, so I checked it against the disk utility health check on Mac and Windows, and nothing suspicious showed. I had to back up the file and factory reset it. When I restored my backup, I couldn't download anything from FBI and it keeps saying FAT operation denied (250), but my themes still show up and shuffle. When I checked the SD card, everything seemed fine when I browsed files on Windows and Mac. Ultimately, bought a new and smaller card, 64 GB, and the same issue. Even got F3xSwift, and said that everything was ok. I'm ripping my hair out, so I could use some new input before I go full bald.

Attachments

• IMG_3152.jpeg
    IMG_3152.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_3153.jpeg
    IMG_3153.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 33
  • IMG_3154.jpeg
    IMG_3154.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3155.jpeg
    IMG_3155.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 24
  • Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 9.32.08 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-11 at 9.32.08 AM.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 30

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had to back up the file and factory reset it.
That was probably not a good idea. What exactly did you back up?

Ultimately, bought a new and smaller card, 64 GB
So what exactly did you do with that card?

Even got F3xSwift, and said that everything was ok.
Your screenshot suggests only 43 GB on the card is free space. In order to test the entire card, it needs to be completely empty.

UnitTestBed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was probably not a good idea. What exactly did you back up?

So what exactly did you do with that card?

Your screenshot suggests only 43 GB on the card is free space. In order to test the entire card, it needs to be completely empty.
Yeah, I'm a bit of a dingus, I'm new to the scene, but I'm here to learn something new.

I literally dragged and dropped the whole contents of the card to my computer. so some corrupted files could still be in there. I also made sure to update the 3DS folder with the autogenerated folders, but I'm not sure that it matters since nothing downloads anymore.

The weird thing is, both were brand-new cards out of the box, so it's weird if they'd be on their deathbed.

And just entertaining the thought, but do you think I'll need to re-do the process of hacking?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I'm a bit of a dingus, I'm new to the scene, but I'm here to learn something new.

I literally dragged and dropped the whole contents of the card to my computer. so some corrupted files could still be in there. I also made sure to update the 3DS folder with the autogenerated folders, but I'm not sure that it matters since nothing downloads anymore.

The weird thing is, both were brand-new cards out of the box, so it's weird if they'd be on their deathbed.

And just entertaining the thought, but do you think I'll need to re-do the process of hacking?
no. you dont ever need to redo stuff like that. And also. when you have tried to install stuff. FBI is registering only 1.3 MiB of data space available on your sd card. Are they corrupt or been tested fully empty?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I literally dragged and dropped the whole contents of the card to my computer. so some corrupted files could still be in there.
If you did a System Format after doing that, then it doesn't matter what you backed up. A System Format changes the encryption key and that makes any old SD card data (except stuff stored outside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder) unreadable.

People lose their SD cards one way or another all the time. Starting over with a fresh SD card requires only https://3ds.guide/restoring-updating-cfw .

Reactions: anotherthing

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

UnitTestBed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you did a System Format after doing that, then it doesn't matter what you backed up. A System Format changes the encryption key and that makes any old SD card data (except stuff stored outside the "Nintendo 3DS" folder) unreadable.

People lose their SD cards one way or another all the time. Starting over with a fresh SD card requires only (don't have enough exp for links lol)
Sorry for the late reply, crazy work month. That's the thing. Each sd card used was a brand new SD card out of the box.

UnitTestBed

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't need to do that, please don't do that.

As for your error, it could be a corrupt SD card that was the problem. Did you try backing up everything and reformatting the SD card using GM9, then testing to make sure the card is working?

[I'm not OP enough for links in posts lol]

Downloads are working now!!!!

I just did a Godmode reset on the sd card. I then followed the Anton Retro How to Homebrew your new 3DS & 2DS (11.17) [I don't have op link powers yet]. I was able to skip some steps since my 3ds already had Luma on it. Mainly, I had to download the boot9strap file over to my sd card after formatting it. I then jumped back in and followed the steps at 9:40.

Thank you for your wisdom!!!

Reactions: anotherthing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto