issues with sd card

imaddictedtomy2dsXL

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello so assuming you read the title you know I'm having issues with my 128 gb sd card its formatted in fat 32 and I just got my 2ds xl back but I have been using a old 3ds before as an alternative and it just got repaired but when i put my sd card in nothing popped up just the white default menu and none of my apps show up at all if you can gather/reply with some info I would be grateful thanks in advance.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello so assuming you read the title you know I'm having issues with my 128 gb sd card its formatted in fat 32 and I just got my 2ds xl back but I have been using a old 3ds before as an alternative and it just got repaired but when i put my sd card in nothing popped up just the white default menu and none of my apps show up at all if you can gather/reply with some info I would be grateful thanks in advance.
Sd cards are encrypted per console. You cannot just move them from one console to another and have them work.

Reactions: Kwyjor

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Sd cards are encrypted per console. You cannot just move them from one console to another and have them work.
No encrypted, just the data is stored on a folder with the name associated to the Card serial, you need to rename the folder to the new card.

Insert the NEW CARD on the console and start it.

take note of name of the folder "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" just created and rename to "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.bak".

Copy all data from the OLD card to the NEW Card, rename the OLD folder "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" to the name of the new folder "SD:\Nintendo 3DS\XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX"

now you can use old data.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/swapped-sd-card-and-hb-launcher-gone.614459/#post-9864793

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
What are you talking about?! Of course it's encrypted. OP is trying to use SD card data from one console on a completely different console. Changing the name of the ID0 isn't going to remove the encryption.
sorry I am sleepy I did understood will use a new card on the same 3DS, and yeah you CAN NOT take a card from a system to other directly. The process of decrypt the original data and encrypt to the new console is so hard what is better make a backup of all savegames on one console and install everything on the other and the restore the savegames.

Checkpoint is the best to backup and restore the savegames.

sorry the confusion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...