Shinusagi Sep 10, 2017.

1. Shinusagi
    OP

Shinusagi Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Hello, I need a little help here...

Last days I updated BootStraps to latest version and then Luma to 8.1.1 , everything is still working fine as usual but this time I updated the injected FBI over H&S since I always opened it as a Home App from an installed CIA (The console is a New 3DS XL with the latests FW Update)

My problem is this one... I opened FOR THE FIRST TIME Home Brew Launcher and injected it following the guides in another App I don't use (I killed Face Raiders) and it "KIND OF WORKED" because now when I attempt to open it I enter to Home Brew Launcher BUT I can't go past that point, anything I try to open freezes the console, even the FBI (which I don't really need to open from there but I wanted to test), nor the Theme Manager or Menu Hax, nothing opens and even worse my 3DS completely freezes there.

I have the "boot.3dsx" in the SD Root and yes it is the 2.0 version, and everything from the "Starter" folder insde the "3DS" folder in the SD Root, so I am clueless about what the heck is going on. Is it beacuse I should use another app instead Face Riders? (But HBL opens anyway from it), and since I've got H&S with FBI injected I am not using that one.

Can anyone help me please?

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

GBAtemp Patron
    Quantumcat is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Last edited by Quantumcat, Sep 10, 2017
  3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Some people actually use Download Play. The guide shouldn't be suggesting it at all.

4. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Do you know which other apps provide the same compatibility? If so, you should make an issue on https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/issuesand let him know the list that could be provided so people can choose.

5. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Do you know why it uses Download Play? I always assumed it was based on the assumption that no one uses that app.

6. MrCatFace

MrCatFace GBAtemp Fan

Jun 3, 2017
    Home (Is where the heart is, so my chest?)
    1) If you used GM9 to inject it, your wrong.
    2) Roslina can allays uninject it. It has that part in the guide.

7. Shinusagi
    OP

Shinusagi Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Because I use the Download Play app... that is why, I can play some games with friends who don't own them =/
    But well, i will try and restore it then, I didn't chose it from start since some people said it could be "any app you don't need"

EDIT to clarify

The only think I injected via GodMode was FBI in H&S but basically because I had it like that since beginning and needed to update it
    I didn't try to "re-inject" the HBL with Rosalina in Download Play since I injected the FaceRider App with Rosalina (NOT GodMode) and opened so I thought "Well ok, it worked"
    Then I couldn't execute anything from the HBL and got the freezes every time I attempted to open FBI or Theme Manager from it.

I will then use Download Play now and check if it works, thanks for the answers tho.

Last edited by Shinusagi, Sep 11, 2017
  8. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I thought it was because it had all the right compatibilities. I have seen people try to use other apps, and had homebrew not work in various ways. So that was my assumption here (I could end up wrong).

9. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    What does "all the right compatibilities" mean though?
    CIAs have more access than HBL does, thanks to custom exheaders. And Luma is able to patch the access checks of installed titles to give them more access now, so I don't see a reason why only Download Play would work.

10. Quantumcat

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    I wish I could remember which app it was, but there was one where trying to install by QR code using FBI crashed, because that app couldn't access the camera? But anyway, let's see if OP has his problem resolved after trying Download Play

11. The Real Jdbye

GBAtemp Patron

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Either "Patch SVC/service/archive/ARM9 access" or this commit: https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/commit/a0c2b43b34ae4fe1146bd42f4fcb7cf82b3b35e8 should be able to get around that.

12. Shinusagi
    OP

Shinusagi Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2017
    Argentina
    Well I made it work using Download Play... so that is solved. Then I checked the CIA for "HBL Menu" as a Home App and it simply loop inside its menu but I don't care about it right now and I uninstalled it already, at least Download Play will work if I need it and can go back and forth with it for the App itself and the HBL

Thanks for the answers!

Quantumcat likes this.
  13. Kazuma77

Kazuma77 GBAtemp Maniac

May 11, 2008
    United States
    Well, you could try Sound Player. I can't say that I have tested it extensively, but most of the stuff I've run with it so far seems to work alright.

14. GizmoTheGreen

GizmoTheGreen GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2009
    I've used the AR card app succesfully.
    download play seems to have the best compatibility but in theory "any" app should work. but if there is problems, try another app basically.

15. brushguy

brushguy Member

Newcomer
    Dec 26, 2014
    Germany
  16. driverdis

driverdis I am Justice

Sep 21, 2011
    United States
    1.048596β
    This list is still valid for 11.5 if anyone wants to take a look at it . I am using Download Play since it works on both O3DS and N3DS with no crashes or freezes.

I use NNID Settings for Cthulhu since the System Menu is not loaded so I can clear or rebuild the Home Menu icon cache. The Rosalina launcher does not load into extended memory mode like the Cthulhu CIA version does so it will fail to clear the cache each time. Loading it over NNID Settings works since the System Settings app unloads the home menu.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted