[GYSB] Games You SHOULDN'T Buy #1 - Ninja Gaiden 3

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why are people hating on Metroid Other M so much?
It's a good game. It just breaks the old formula (which anybody could tell by the title).
Whats next? Metal Gear Rising: Revengance?

....oh my god are you serious?
Focus to regain energy? and missles?
There's no gameplay left in the game, you cannot even finish it 100% in one go.
No exploring whatsoever.
No skill needed in aiming ( the game does it for you )
Pixel hunting for cleus....horrible executed.
NO WAY TO SKIP CGI SEQUENCES.
A female protanogist that has battled a whole panet on her own defeating the evil mother brain, acts like a little girl and refuse to use bombs and missle unless she is "authorized to do so", even if it means she's gonna die because of that. That's how you kill an IP.
Thank you Team Ninja, for raping Samus at clear daylight.
Horrible, horrible game for Metroid standards, or any action adventure game in fact.
Dull predictable story, seriouly badly written.
"Oh there'an enemy but I cannot kill them unless I flip over switch", even if the creature is lying there, sleeping in the open, I cannot kill it.. ( if you ever tried to make a game, you know how cheap this is done, at least get the beast in cage of some sort... )
Linear level design...etc, etc...

THANK GOD FOR PRIME AND PREVIOUS ITTERATIONS.
NOWHERE NEAR "GOING BACK TO THE ROOTS" MEROID.
Other M has no replay value, or involves any skill, There's no need to kill enemies unless it is needed for "an invisible force" to be taken down for you to progress.
Even then TNinja managed to get a HUGE bug into the game.
Shallow, shallow game, at least Samus has a "nice rack".....

If you think OtherM was good, you are in for a treat for ALL OTHER GAMES IN THE UNIVERSE! Previous metroid games included.
With this I "authorize you" to destroy every copy of this game.
Really , DO IT!

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
and yet team ninja only believe that lack of bazongas was the cause of its failure

source

on a more serious note. let's do a mental game for a while, just erase the Metroid brand and take it as a generic 3rd party game, is still bad??
the main complaint I've seen can be reduced to "because doesn't feel like a Metroid game" and I understand that completely. some people hate the Prime series because is 1st person or people that love top-down perspective Zelda(even the DS ones) and hate the rest of the series for being in a 3D environment.
my point is that Other M while does a poor job as a Metroid game, still is a good game(except the forced "find the pixel" zones) that wasn't everyone's cup of tea.

NO still a horrible game whatever the IP.
It just feels cheap and rushed.
The game consist for more that 75% out of CGI .
There's not much left, you can even revised the game from the theater after "beating"it with pre recorded gameplay sequences...
Damn it's bad....

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE, do Metroid other M next.......
Anyways I think the NES games of ninja gaiden are far , far, FAAAR better than this hack and slash garbage.

While I wont disagree with you on the point that the NES games were better (cause they were) if you play these new games like hack and slash, you are going to have a bad time. You actually have to learn combos and correct button sequences for attacks or you will be staring at the "GAME OVER" screen a lot.

RYU, While the original NG3 for 360/ps3 is garbage, I disagree with you pretty heavily on a lot of the points about Razor's Edge. Again it certainly is no shining pillar that was NG2, Razors Edge basically fix just able everything that NG3 did wrong. They added in the weapons, ninpo, and extra characters. What they did not fix, was that the can could be won with generic button mashing unlike is predecessors.

Sorry to be pretty dickish about this :P BUT it was out june 2008 right after I graduated high school :PPP and its probably worth noting this was the first game that the WiiU did right. When It was ported over to the Nintendo console, It was fixed.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there seems to be a lot of fun discussion about Metroid: Other M that you guys would like me to discuss. That will be in due time. I have one more article that I really want to get out first, but on top of that I have some user submissions in progress right now, so you'll have to wait a bit before you hear me next! Currently working on a schedule so that articles are consistently coming out and that my well of ideas doesn't run dry. And that leads into my next news blurb here:

You guys are more than welcome to submit things as well! I only ask that it has good justifications and shows that you have a solid grasp of the English language. I shouldn't be editing for more than fifteen minutes per article, and it should be relatively minor fixes.

Some of you guys asked why I wrote about a two year old game? It's a pilot article. I needed a ground to work off of. I intend to cover relatively new titles that I disliked in my playthroughs. What users submit is up to them, and I want this to be an opportunity to see what you guys are capable of. Have a bit of fun with it, and keep the comments going.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I kinda liked what I played of it.
Most complaints regarding Other M concern the "sexist" approach towards Samus Aran who was supposed to be a badass but had constant P.T.S.D and a mother instinct overload, but hey - the actual gameplay was great. It was a seamless blend of the 2D Metroid and 3D Metroid Prime games and I personally enjoyed it a lot.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most complaints regarding Other M concern the "sexist" approach towards Samus Aran who was supposed to be a badass but had constant P.T.S.D and a mother instinct overload, but hey - the actual gameplay was great. It was a seamless blend of the 2D Metroid and 3D Metroid Prime games and I personally enjoyed it a lot.

I really enjoyed the 3rd person exploration, and the flip to first when you needed to target. I just wish it wasnt... played on a wiimote :glare:

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I really enjoyed the 3rd person exploration, and the flip to first when you needed to target. I just wish it wasnt... played on a wiimote :glare:
I actually like aiming with the WiiMote, I had no problems with that at all. Nunchuck support would've been nice though - analog sticks are just better for 3D environments.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's how you kill an IP.
No, look at what Capcom did with Megaman. THAT'S how you kill an IP.

There's no gameplay left in the game
Have you ever played Heavy Rain? Because it sounds like you are over dramatizing much.

you cannot even finish it 100% in one go.
Other M has no replay value
These two sentences contradict themselves. Also, you can. After the Credits the game goes on and gives you a nice fan service bossfight with a classic time attack escape.

or involves any skill
Since you said it has no replay value I assume you haven't played it on hard mode. Where you can skip through cutscenes and your energy and missiles are very limited.

If you really want to see bad games then play Ride to Hell retribution or Grandia Xtreme.
Grandia Xtreme especially if you wanna see real bad voice acting. Generally I don't feel like the voice acting of other M was bad... there was just too much of it.
And with this I submit my Games for the next articles.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then all the 3D Playstation games have horrible controls, lets do a list:
Crash Bandicot
Spyro
Medievil
Rayman 2
Tomb Raider
And many other classics

You'll notice that time hasn't been very kind to those games' controls. Similarly, you'll notice most N64 titles have aged pretty poorly in regards to controls, too. Give the PS1 and N64 credit, though, they're from the 90's, right at the beginning of 3D gaming; it was uncharted territory.

Metroid: Other M, on the other hand, was made in 2010. There's really no excuse there.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Do The Last of Us next!
:tpi:
I love that game. Don't flame me, bro!
Awesome idea for a pilot! I'd like to see some new games, as well. I think it would add even more value to your articles because it'll help people decide whether they should pay full price for a newly-released game or if they should wait.

Ryukouki

See you later, guys.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do The Last of Us next!
:tpi:
I love that game. Don't flame me, bro!
Awesome idea for a pilot! I'd like to see some new games, as well. I think it would add even more value to your articles because it'll help people decide whether they should pay full price for a newly-released game or if they should wait.
I think if I did The Last of Us I would be lynched and end up jobless in 3, 2, 1... The newer games will come, I promise, once I start to develop my rhythm for this series. Right now I just need to think of a good time between articles. Do I want one every week or do I go biweekly? I still am going to work on the details. :) It's still a very new thing. I could even retcon this entire project right now if I wanted. :)

Reactions: Densetsu

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah I didn't like some of the way they handled the character scripting elements of the game, but I did enjoy the rest of of the game a lot.

Not my favorite Metroid game ever but how can you compete with Super Metroid? lol

On the main topic, I kind of stopped playing any Ninja Gaiden games after the first 3 on the NES. I guess I kinda got my fill of hard games by then, and just didn't feel like memorizing another entire game to beat it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc