Gaming Guitar Hero III Impressions

purephase

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, for those of you that have it or waited in line for it, was it worth it?

Also, how difficult would it be to pick up today or this week? Was it sold out?

Ashler

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Yes, please share your experience with us poor Europeans that have to wait until the end of November to buy it.
cry.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
So, for those of you that have it or waited in line for it, was it worth it?

Also, how difficult would it be to pick up today or this week? Was it sold out?

My experience was total crap.

I got an email from futureshop saying that my preorder couldn't be fulfilled due to undershipment of the item (I ordered for PS3), but they were able to transfer the preorder to my local Futureshop store. They said to not worry because there was about 20 for each console sent to each store.

Either way, I went an hour before opening, and there was a really small lineup. The employees handed out tickets for the people who were in line for the system they wanted... when they got to me, the guy in front of me took the last freaking PS3 ticket! They only had 5 bundles!! 25 360 bundles, 60 PS2 bundles, 25 Wii bundles... but 5 PS3 bundles... Everyone in the lineup got a ticket... I went home empty handed. At least I got my money back from those jerks.

When all the shops opened, I travelled to every one in town that sells video games. All sold out of PS3 bundles. Plenty of 360/Wii/PS2 bundles though. I even went to 2 more cities, but got nothing...

In the end, I lost, because it sold out everywhere and I lost my preorder because of the dumbshits at Futureshop.

However, I looked at Best Buy and apparently they have it in stock, so I tried to place a pickup order, we'll see if they approve it by not selling out in minutes
tongue.gif

And that was my crazy GH3 Experience
smile.gif

--Henry

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Yes, please share your experience with us poor Europeans that have to wait until the end of November to buy it.Â
cry.gif

Yup suck to be us
frown.gif

Can someone post a full track list, and has the wii version got confirmed online option to download extra tracks.

I watched GamerTv and they arn't happy with GH3, something to do with the picking, they said it might be that the timing had changed (GH2 wasn't perfect, if you play guitar u'd understand) They've dropped their rating from 5/5 for GH2 to 4/5 for GH3. They said it was just a feeling of somethings just not right with it. They noted that the wired guitar (360) worked better, and they weren't sure if it was wifi lag. Anyone else had a simlar experiance.

I've only recently been lent a copy of GH2 and a PS2 to play it on. Loved playing thought it (thought it does hurt to play for a long time) I was looking forward to getting GH3 for the Wii now I'm not so sure, and the UK price tag doesn't look welcoming.

Also does the Wii get the back les paul style guitar, bcoz the one's i saw a while back were either red or white (I know you can buy extra scratch plates)

Dingler

Trophies
XP
Country
GH3 definatly has a "lesser quailty"-feel to it. I've been playing GH1 and 2 for PS2 even before it got "popular" (although that happend almost instantly
biggrin.gif
) and I can definatly feel a great difference from GH2 to GH3. The Harmonix touch is totally gone. There's no passion in this game. so to sum up - I don't like it, in fact i regret downloading it.

jpxdude

Trophies
Website
www.geekpower.co.uk
XP
Country
Has anyone got the game for the Wii yet? It's be nice to have some impressions... I hear the controller is a little more awkward because the fret buttons are a little more spaced out. Also, there are noises and vibrations from the Wii-Remote when playing which sound good...

Lets hear it people
smile.gif

culrich

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had mine since Friday (toysrus shipped it out really early), and there is definitely something not quite right with it. The timing seems off or something - I used to be awesome at GHII, and I'm having alot of trouble beating the game on medium. The sound on the wiimote is really annoying I turned it off after awhile. While its still fun, its just not the same.

Serus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been playing since yesterday and I'm loving it. I only played a little GHII at a friends house, so I don't have a lot of experience with it. The timing seems to be fine for me, a little trouble at first but I got the hang of it. Being that I'm a novice at the game I'm starting from Easy. I finished all 42 tracks in easy, and now I'm working on Medium.

I actually like the sounds from the wii-mote in the guitar rather than from the screen. If you ever play in co-op, it makes it a lot easier to tell who is making the mistake since it comes from his/her guitar and not the TV.

Those having timing issues and using an HDTV might want to check the settings, as you can adjust the timing since some TV's have a video/audio delay. It'll help if your having issues.

I don't know about downloading tracks since I don't have my wii connected to wifi, I don't want to download a patch that disables my wiikey on accident =)

One of my concerns with the wii-mote being in the guitar was my added grips, but they work fine. I have a charging system and the size difference, though slight, didn't effect anything.

I'm impressed so far, but I'm no GH guru since I didn't play the previous games much at all, just a couple hours at a friends.

The only thing that I'm upset about is no secondary controllers yet, just the one in the bundle. I hate to spend another $90 for a second guitar.

Also, the box lists 70+ songs, but I've only got 42 listed and 1 unlocked song, I take it the rest will be unlocked along the way?!

D

Deleted User

I bought the game the day it came out. A small lineup outside of BestBuy. I got hyper and grabbed a box and paid for it, and found out I bought the PS3 version. Returned it right away and grabbed the Wii one ... which there were a lot of in the back room. ANYWAYS ...

I have no previous experience with guitar hero .. but I'm liking it so far. My left hand does hurt after playing for a while. I like the missed note sound that comes from the speaker. The vibration feels good, except it sometimes distracts me. I played once online with some dude and it was lag free. If you like rock, then you'll like the songs. I'm happy with the selection.

I have one question for anyone who has finished Easy Mode. I only have 40/42 songs completed. Where are the last 2 songs?
tongue.gif

Oh ... and you can "buy" the extra songs in the "store". That's the first thing I did with my "cash".

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country
On Wii? You can play battles online??? against random people or just frd code (is there even a fd code option?)

I didn't think that made it into the Wii version, Omg, its thats true then its given me a reason to buy it and Nintendo Eu need to hurry da *uk up!

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Giving serious consideration to cancelling my PS2 Iso for this and getting the Wii version for online play.

I don't want to complete the PS2 version and then have to do it all over again for the Wii.

Strokemouth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
GH3 definatly has a "lesser quailty"-feel to it. I've been playing GH1 and 2 for PS2 even before it got "popular" (although that happend almost instantly
biggrin.gif
) and I can definatly feel a great difference from GH2 to GH3. The Harmonix touch is totally gone. There's no passion in this game. so to sum up - I don't like it, in fact i regret downloading it.

I feel the exact opposite. The fact that there are so many songs by the original artists makes a huge difference. Compare Bulls on Parade in GH3 to Killing in the Name Of in GH2. Or that shitty Queens of the Stone Age song in GH3 compared to that shitty Queens of the Stone Age song in GH1. If the "Harmonix touch" is a shitty sounding cover band, then I am glad it's gone. And I too have been playing since before it was popular (in fact, I had my copy a good 4 days before release! Thanks dumb Best Buy salesman for giving me your demo unit!)

Songs are somehow more fun to play in GH3. Note placement is more well thought out and HO/PO's are more prevalent and logical. Plus, co-op play over Live is excellent and the battles are surprisingly better than I expected. I wasn't expecting much after "Rocks the 80's," but I'm pleasantly surprised with GH3 and am having a ball with it.

osirisFIVE

Trophies
Website
www.imperfectgrandeur.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Senegal
I just caught the Guitar Hero 3 Video Review.

Seems like a cool game, but I don't think I'm gonna be one of the many people buying that mega-expensive guitar.

How are the controls for using the normal wiimote?

People with past experience on GH2 using the normal control have any views?

moggymatt

Trophies
Website
ds-scene.net
XP
Country

Seems like a cool game, but I don't think I'm gonna be one of the many people buying that mega-expensive guitar.

You can't use just the wiimote lol the whole point of it is to playi t on guitar, plus the only way you can buy the game is with the guitar. Unless you find some who got 2 copies to get 2 guitars bcoz they couldn't get a spare guitar on its own.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First time GH player and I have to say its pretty fun. I played Easy which is really fun for a casual player with only 3 frets...then while I was ultra tired I gave medium a go...it was quite a bump with not only four frets but much faster. Either way I will be having fun with this for a while. As for it being ultra expensive....50 for the game plus 35 for a controller aint bad at all considering they want 20 for a fucking nunchuck

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

You can't use just the wiimote lol the whole point of it is to playi t on guitar, plus the only way you can buy the game is with the guitar. Unless you find some who got 2 copies to get 2 guitars bcoz they couldn't get a spare guitar on its own.

You can play the game with just the remote. On 360 you get an accomplishment (or whatever they're called) for doing it. If you don't believe me, read the manual for the game:
http://www.redoctanegames.com/2_products/m...3-wiimanual.pdf
It adds a unique challenge, don't you think? As of right now you can only buy the game with the guitar, but when GH4 comes out it'll be sold stand alone just like GH3 is for PS2 and 360 right now. It only bothers me that they don't have stand alone guitars right now since two player mode is so prominent in this game. For that reason I suspect that there are loose copies of the game floating around that have no guitar attached because the original owner bought two bundles so they could play multiplayer right away, and now they have a spare copy of the game.

wii4life

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got the pre-order (WII) from GS at Midnight. I played gh1&2 like crazy. Only Expert Though. GHIII is different but is still guitar hero. To get the timing right I have to set a positive 32ms lag due to wiimote responce time, but that is not a problem. i would say that I am very good at it and I cannot make it to the last tier on expert. i will though. i beat the game 1st try on hard "even TtFaF" on hard first try.
Online works very well. I did a co-op which the other person lost for us
frown.gif
, and the battle works very well to.
Over all I love it. It feels a lot more realistic with the new timing windows and hammer-ons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :ohnoes: @NoiseCommander3DS Would you please turn down that noise. I haven't had my COFFEE yet... +1