Hacking [Guide] Replace Zelda SS Textures and Models

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
For those interested, the Final boss model is located in /stage/B400/B400_stg_l1.arc, subtly named "Last Boss" ^^

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chadderz threw me a response, with the most important parts being that SZS Modifier is the old, CTools is the new. SZS Modifier has restrictions so that the file size of .obj files can't change when reimporting, where CTools does not. I'll try to find some time tonight to mess with it and see what I can do. Chadderz has said that he will include any compatibility issues we find in an update, so let's get cracking!

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For example, if you're trying to patch Bird_Link.arc, you would rename the xdelta file you downloaded to Bird_Link.xdelta, and then extract your original Bird_Link.arc file from the ISO and drag it to DragArcHere.bat. It would then create a file named "Bird_Link_Patched.arc" which you can put back in the ISO.

Jumbojack656

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
guys i patched the bird file with xdelta patch and imported the .arc but when i play the game it freezes at calibrating wii motion plus did i do something wrong?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Are you planning to chabge the textures for the whole gane? A TP style remake would give it another replay value for sure

No....fucking....way! There are thousands of files that needs changing.... No way am I doing that. Hell, I cant even be arsed to finish skyloft lol.

evilsbrother

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow this is fun once you get the hang of it. I did a Dark Elf Link in red and blue.

gallery_133731_707_34593.jpeg
gallery_133731_707_78892.jpeg

I'm still early in the game, is there a place where we can see our Loftwings when we're not flying them, a barn or cave or something? I made a Loftwing mod and it's hard to check it out in flight.

Link-25

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone!

Sorry to bother you but I am not English and I do not understand how you model the 3D Zelda SS. I would have the format models "DAE" for 3ds max, just the model of Link and Zelda. It would be possible to give them to me, when Then tell me how to get them please? Merry Christmas to all!

(Sorry for my bad English)

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Ive been unsuccessful importing .dae models into 3ds max. the only way I found that worked is .md5mesh (export the models using brresviewer).

Jumbojack656

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have a question i cant seem to import the images correctly because file is too big and if i downsize it the image shows up funny when in game what am i doing wrong?

Lucif3r

Trophies
XP
Country
Based on the given information anything can be wrong.
What image-editor are you using?
What resolutions are you saving as? Whats the original images resolution?
What format are you saving the image as?
What color depth are you using?
What program do you use to import the image?
etc etc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ