ROM Hack [GUIDE] NSMB2 Custom Levels & Mods (The Easier Way)

Was this guide easy to follow? / Did it work?

• Easy to follow, but didn't work.

• Easy to follow, and worked.

• Not easy to follow, and didn't work.

• Not easy to follow, but worked.

Results are only viewable after voting.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i have a problem I want to use coin killer but when I go to the github to download it there is no .exe in the files I downloaded to open coin killer . Help?

Gimzie

professional moron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there i have a problem I want to use coin killer but when I go to the github to download it there is no .exe in the files I downloaded to open coin killer . Help?

Maybe if you followed the guide, you'd see that there's a CoinKiller download that has a precompiled .exe.

jimmyj

Official founder of altariaism. Copyright jimmyj
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe if you followed the guide, you'd see that there's a CoinKiller download that has a precompiled .exe.
sorry about that I didn't see it,when I start editing my levels can I post my romhack here just to start ?maybe someone can try it

Gimzie

professional moron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to see if I can rewrite some of this guide to use GodMode9's built-in romfs extraction. Is that OK?

This guide already uses GodMode9 to extract the romfs. :O

If there's a new way to do it that I don't know about, instead of making a new guide, I would appreciate if you told me what it was, so I can check it out for myself and edit the guide to suit it.

Last edited by Gimzie,

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This guide already uses GodMode9 to extract the romfs. :O

If there's a new way to do it that I don't know about, instead of making a new guide, I would appreciate if you told me what it was, so I can check it out for myself and edit the guide to suit it.
I PMed you it. Explaining it might take a bit of work for my autistic brain so I sent the edits to you. Step 1 and 3 got mostly minor edits (removing that tool). Step 2 was changed the most, which removes the mini section and also removes the need to build a CIA using the TMD file, instead directly opening the .app file contained with the game. It also includes a full section on dumping a physical copy of the game.

Gimzie

professional moron
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I PMed you it. Explaining it might take a bit of work for my autistic brain so I sent the edits to you. Step 1 and 3 got mostly minor edits (removing that tool). Step 2 was changed the most, which removes the mini section and also removes the need to build a CIA using the TMD file, instead directly opening the .app file contained with the game. It also includes a full section on dumping a physical copy of the game.

Updated the guide, and added you to the Special Thanks section. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Gamemaster2022 @ Gamemaster2022: What are we playing today?